• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

This is my experience:

When one pray, meditate or do any kind of honest silent contemplation. The barriers created by language don't play such an important part. What I mean is, I no longer think in the line of I, them, you, me. As these are distinctions created in language, and is superfluous when in silent contemplation.

But then, when I am in my ordinary state, out in the world, talking to people. Of course, these distinctions needs to be made - as our language as it is, depend on them. But this sometimes makes me feel uneasy, like it can be difficult to balance these two states of mind.

Like I somehow need to go out of myself in order to talk to people, anyone get the same feelings? I always do my best to be mindful and say the right thing to other people, but well ... it can be difficult, to balance this religious search for wisdom and understanding, but at the same time talk to people, that maybe got no such need for wisdom and understanding.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, Beckett said:

This is my experience:

When one pray, meditate or do any kind of honest silent contemplation. The barriers created by language don't play such an important part. What I mean is, I no longer think in the line of I, them, you, me. As these are distinctions created in language, and is superfluous when in silent contemplation.

But then, when I am in my ordinary state, out in the world, talking to people. Of course, these distinctions needs to be made - as our language as it is, depend on them. But this sometimes makes me feel uneasy, like it can be difficult to balance these two states of mind.

Like I somehow need to go out of myself in order to talk to people, anyone get the same feelings? I always do my best to be mindful and say the right thing to other people, but well ... it can be difficult, to balance this religious search for wisdom and understanding, but at the same time talk to people, that maybe got no such need for wisdom and understanding.

I get struggling with language because my mom is fluent in 11 languages and was changing up on us all the time hoping we would learn them all. For myself it just made grasping one fluently very difficult.

I haven t given much thought to how language is used when I'm meditating on the Word or being given understanding and insights from the Lord.

Maybe I do not give it much thought because language flips are normal to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 hours ago, Beckett said:

That's very interesting, Beckett. But it seems as though these meditations you're speaking of, are almost like mystical states of mind. Great care should be made so that you don't give thought into the Hindu practice of meditation, going into what is referred to as, "oneness" and/or also, "nothingness". It's some spiritually dangerous territory for someone to get involved in.

Okay, this sounds a lot like "altered states of being". Another realm of mysticism. So, if you're having difficulties with this, I would hope that you haven't already gotten over your head with all of it. It is concerning. 

Like I somehow need to go out of myself in order to talk to people, anyone get the same feelings? I always do my best to be mindful and say the right thing to other people, but well ... it can be difficult, to balance this religious search for wisdom and understanding, but at the same time talk to people, that maybe got no such need for wisdom and understanding. 

No, can't say I do. All this "in myself-out of myself " stuff reeks of New Age. I understand you're a thinker and also a nice person and all. That's all fine and good. Man's wisdom is not the wisdom of God. Enlightenment comes from His Word, and contemplating on it. I encourage you to remain studying the Bible. God bless. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

That's very interesting, Beckett. But it seems as though these meditations you're speaking of, are almost like mystical states of mind. Great care should be made so that you don't give thought into the Hindu practice of meditation, going into what is referred to as, "oneness" and/or also, "nothingness". It's some spiritually dangerous territory for someone to get involved in.

Okay, this sounds a lot like "altered states of being". Another realm of mysticism. So, if you're having difficulties with this, I would hope that you haven't already gotten over your head with all of it. It is concerning. 

No, can't say I do. All this "in myself-out of myself " stuff reeks of New Age. I understand you're a thinker and also a nice person and all. That's all fine and good. Man's wisdom is not the wisdom of God. Enlightenment comes from His Word, and contemplating on it. I encourage you to remain studying the Bible. God bless. 

I guess they are sort of mystical states, yes. And I feel that I indeed need to be careful with this since I am a westerner, and since the word is so strong in our culture.

We can't escape our own culture, since it is a part of us. I think it is this that you're sort of saying in a way. And the redemption of this baggage, I feel lies somewhere in the Bible.

But, I also read Christian mystics like Meister Eckhart, and find it very powerful. But yes, these states that these mystics goes into is, well ... I don't have a word for it other than "mystical".

Here is a poem from Meister Echart, i guess it is about not believing in your own knowledge, and letting go of yourself, put yourself into Gods hands and his wisdom. And it is this kind of feeling I get in these states. I, the ego, sort of dissapear, I am no longer important. Just what is IS, God. Not that I have His wisdom or anything like that (to want Gods wisdom would drive a man insane I believe), but just that I let go, and let He open my heart.

Knowledge always deceives.

It always limits the Truth, every concept and image does.

From cage to cage the caravan moves,
but I give thanks,

for at each divine juncture
my wings expand
and I

touch Him more
intimately.

Edited by Beckett

Just to make it clear, I am not at all into New Age thinking. I find that New-age doctrine puts the ego-self, I [my name here] AM, on a pedestal. Like modern personal development. It inflates the ego-self and one looses the humbleness, and from there the climb (or fall) down the hill is steep and not at all pleasant.

Is the studying of the Bible a remedy for this? yes, I believe so - divinely inspired words protects one from this fall, cause on do not climb ut this deceivful mountain in the first place.

Edited by Beckett

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

That turned out to be rather insightful didn't it!

Praise God 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Knowledge, in the Word, is Jesus Christ,

Understanding is the Holy Spirit, shinning His Light on the knowledge we have, revealing to us the spiritual truths in/of the Word, 

...which results in us having the Wisdom of Father as to how we should apply and practice those spiritual Truths in our daily walk with our Lord. 

Lord bless

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Knowledge, in the Word, is Jesus Christ,

Understanding is the Holy Spirit, shinning His Light on the knowledge we have, revealing to us the spiritual truths in/of the Word, 

...which results in us having the Wisdom of Father as to how we should apply and practice those spiritual Truths in our daily walk with our Lord. 

Lord bless

That is interesting. So would that mean, when Jesus was crucified, that the knowledge of the word was crucified?

And that it this way, needs to be a rebirth - a rebirth of the word? so that the holy spirit can shine understanding on the knowledge

And that this then is the trinity? when united: Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Father: Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom.

Edited by Beckett

So, when Jesus' died for our sins, he died for our lack of knowledge of the word? and that this lack of knowledge in the word caused us not to be able to have understanding or wisdom either?

Edited by Beckett

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

Wisdom only comes from the Lord High God, Yahweh (Yeshua - God is Salvation).

This is seen in the passage: "Had they but known, they never would have killed the King of Glory".

If you understand psalm 82 and Deut 32, you will see that God removed trust and wisdom from His ruling spirits. Then they ran amok and made up a bunch of fake religions and god-heads, setting themselves up to be worshiped as a god. The silly (yet powerful) principalities cannot have an original thought but can only pervert what the Lord High God has setup Himself. It is laughable!!

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1