12 Tribes Cult

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know anything about the 12 Tribes Cult in relation to the Shofar Mountain group? I have attended a Messianic Jewish church in the past, and I am interested in finding a church community that has not been secularized or separated into denominations --one that is closest to the true church that Jesus founded. I have watched many of the Viking Preparedness videos on You Tube, and some if it is intriguing; however, they believe in some weird things, and are somewhat controlling and their doctrine resemmbles the 12 Tribes cult, and I do not want to get sucked into a cult. Also, they allow polygamy, which I am totallly against. The leader of Shofar Mountain and his wife resemble Eddie Wiseman and his public defender, Jean Swantko, who took over the 12 Tribes cult from the original 70s founder, and he was accused of condoning and particpating in child abuse. He was an elder in that group. Anyone have the scoop on any of this?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Use the keys to the Kingdom and start a local chapter of the Church.

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

ALL scripture came this way. Only the Holy Spirit is to interpret the scriptures he wrote (through the writing prophets).

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (AV)
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1 John 4:1 (AV)
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (AV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16–17 (AV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Otherwise we end up with confusion and division as everyone and every group steps on everyone else trying to get their opinions out.

Mark 7:7–13 (AV)
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Isaiah 55:8–9 (AV)
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 28:9-13

Deuteronomy 29:29

Proverbs 25:2

You see, it's God's story about Jesus. If we let him tell it, it's amazing how straight forward it is without contradiction or division.

We learn that we are priests of God (Revelation 1:6 / 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9) and not under human control (which mostly consists of man's tradition of bringing the Law into Grace to control and enslave others).

The testimony of the Master:

Few there are that find the narrow path to life

My burden is easy...

The traditional churches should all have  a sign over the door "Oh you are in big trouble now!"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Truth_Seeker said:

Does anyone know anything about the 12 Tribes Cult in relation to the Shofar Mountain group? I have attended a Messianic Jewish church in the past, and I am interested in finding a church community that has not been secularized or separated into denominations --one that is closest to the true church that Jesus founded. I have watched many of the Viking Preparedness videos on You Tube, and some if it is intriguing; however, they believe in some weird things, and are somewhat controlling and their doctrine resemmbles the 12 Tribes cult, and I do not want to get sucked into a cult. Also, they allow polygamy, which I am totallly against. The leader of Shofar Mountain and his wife resemble Eddie Wiseman and his public defender, Jean Swantko, who took over the 12 Tribes cult from the original 70s founder, and he was accused of condoning and particpating in child abuse. He was an elder in that group. Anyone have the scoop on any of this?

You might be interested in the following topic I started awhile back.   I have a friend whose husband was lured into that cult due to the simple lifestyle.    Also, I think a cousin by marriage is involved with it in Arizona.   I don't know her but understand she always wears a head covering and is very legalistic.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/215127-cult-12-tribes-of-israel/

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,939
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Truth_Seeker said:

Does anyone know anything about the 12 Tribes Cult in relation to the Shofar Mountain group?

I do know now...having searched the web. They share the usual paradoxical dilemma of those who withdraw from "denominations" only to create one of their own. Their main problem is "heavy shepherding" which is common in many denominational & so-called non-denominational congregations where there is an established hierarchy and set of rules that all must obey or suffer consequences. The Scriptures are wielded in ways that could be considered mind-control techniques. 

Always have an exit strategy when in fellowship with any group, I say.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

28 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Always have an exit strategy when in fellowship with any group, I say.

This sounds very practical. Many years ago, I had come into a group of believers in a larger city some 60 miles north of me. They had been part of a larger recognized organization, but split off to form their own congregation right after joining with them. A very loving gathering of people seemingly, but the leader and his soon to be wedded fiancee, were subtle in being controlling in an odd sort of way. It took some time to discover they and many of the following they had, struggled with numerous issues of all kinds. I remained with them for about a year, and found leaving difficult but necessary for the sake of my own spiritual well being.   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Truth_Seeker said:

Does anyone know anything about the 12 Tribes Cult in relation to the Shofar Mountain group? I have attended a Messianic Jewish church in the past, and I am interested in finding a church community that has not been secularized or separated into denominations --one that is closest to the true church that Jesus founded. I have watched many of the Viking Preparedness videos on You Tube, and some if it is intriguing; however, they believe in some weird things, and are somewhat controlling and their doctrine resemmbles the 12 Tribes cult, and I do not want to get sucked into a cult. Also, they allow polygamy, which I am totallly against. ?

First of all you are a member of the church Jesus founded. It might not have a building, organisation or a members roll, but it is real.

2nd, find a church that is welcoming and seeks to practice what it preaches.

We worship Jesus in Spirit and in truth. It does not matter if the preacher wears funny clothes or if you all bob up and down, sing in english, hebrew or latin.

The important thing is that you belong to a community who you can encourage, who will encourage and discipline you.

If this cult you're investigating permits polygamy drop it. The biblical pattern is one man and one women.

• Thumbs Up 1