• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Might it be suggested to inquire of the United Methodist or Episcopalian church? Our local denominations here seem to be extremely liberal on matters of  the LGBT lifestyles. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, RTCarroll said:

Can you explain how holding the funeral would be promoting homosexuality? 

Some would use the occassion to make remarks about how their wonderful Father accepted their lifestyle and maybe outright promoted acceptance for homosexuality, and started preaching.  It happens.  That could be the concern.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, RTCarroll said:

Can you explain how holding the funeral would be promoting homosexuality? 

When the son gives a few words at the funeral, he tells how his father welcomed the fiance into the family, how his dad accepted his homosexuality etc. Presenting it as something to be accepted.

• Oy Vey! 1

4 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

If it was my church, I wouldn't let a homosexual sing at the funeral or give them any platform to use the funeral to promote their lifestyle.  I would let them attend and talk about their Father and would let the so called fiance attend since it is a funeral.  It is not like letting them join the church.  I do support their right to refuse to allow it.

Sounds reasonable to me. The whole issue is, that things of this matter need not be a platform to take a pro-gay militant stand, and would be a better to have some discretion concerning the issue. Why does all this have to be a flamboyant display in the first place? It's just silly. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Yeah what a losing battle that would be... stand over the man’s casket and use his funeral to preach about homosexuals. Then the church would be accused of stomping on his grave. People don’t attend funerals to hear sermons about the dead person’s children.

How can a gay man in that lifestyle get up on a stage and sing a gospel song? According to the news report, he was invited to attend as long as he sat somewhere and didn’t bring his boyfriend. You can’t have a gay man attend with his boyfriend to sing a gospel song on the stage.

The fact that many Christians can no longer see this is a sign of the times.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

13 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

Yeah what a losing battle that would be... stand over the man’s casket and use his funeral to preach about homosexuals. Then the church would be accused of stomping on his grave. People don’t attend funerals to hear sermons about the dead person’s children.

How can a gay man in that lifestyle get up on a stage and sing a gospel song? According to the news report, he was invited to attend as long as he sat somewhere and didn’t bring his boyfriend. You can’t have a gay man attend with his boyfriend to sing a gospel song on the stage.

The fact that many Christians can no longer see this is a sign of the times.

Their request is totally reasonable.  

Edited by Firm Foundation

7 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

When the son gives a few words at the funeral, he tells how his father welcomed the fiance into the family, how his dad accepted his homosexuality etc. Presenting it as something to be accepted.

Okay, that gets the big 'Oy Vey' reaction from me. Sorry... The entire thing is so very sorry. 

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay, that gets the big 'Oy Vey' reaction from me. Sorry... The entire thing is so very sorry. 

I didnt say I agreed that the son should do this. Someone asked how it is promoting homosexuality, and that is my response. I agreed with the church that it did the right thing in canceling the funeral.

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

I didnt say I agreed that the son should do this. Someone asked how it is promoting homosexuality, and that is my response. I agreed with the church that it did the right thing in canceling the funeral.

Oh, I gotcha. :b: (duh!) It's been a long sleepless night here... Maybe I should go back to bed. :047:

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

12 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I saw this in the news today and Im curious what you all think. 

A man, I will call him fred, is dying and wishes to have 1) his funeral at the church he first attended and 2) have his son sing at the funeral. The son, jesse, made arrangements with the church for the funeral. The church later found out that the son will have his fiance with him. The fiance is another man. The church, a baptist church, canceled the funeral. 

There is some dispute about whether or not they outright canceled it or asked that the fiance not attend. Regardless, there is a huge backlash against the church and I suspect this could end up going to court. Which would mean that churches may lose the right to have any say in what goes on at their churches. 

Was the church correct in what they did? 

Personally I think the church was correct to cancel the funeral. 

Whether to obey God or man is in question here...
We as a body of believers must keep ourselves separate from those who are actively practicing sin and demanding thus the sin is acceptable by the practice...