• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Pity the poor funeral director sucked into this one.

Yes, true that. My step-brother who was very open about his lifestyle, unfortunately came down with HIV, and didn't survive to see his 30th birthday. My brother in-law, an ordained non-denominational minister, was asked to officiate over the services. And he did so.

The good thing was, that my step-bro came to Christ during the anticipation of his declining health, and passed peacefully away into the arms of his Saviour, Jesus. The memorial as it was, had a great turn out with a packed out house at the funeral home. The testimony was, that a lost sheep had found his way to safe pastures. Not once was a needed mention of a former way of life that which was left for life eternal. 

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/24/2019 at 10:06 PM, LadyKay said:

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23  

So my thoughts are. Are they canceling the funeral because a person among the guest is a sinner? Would they cancel the funeral for the sins of the other guest as well? Should the church have a policy that sinner are not allowed to attend funerals?  Funerals, at less the ones I have attended; have been opportunities for the unsaved to hear the word of God. A  church that turns away someone from it's doors for being a sinner is a church that  that has lost its way. 

Every organisation and institution has some type of rules or protocols that is established to be observed .   This is no less for individual Churches that usually has a statement of faith that states its beliefs and biblical values. The  Church is foremost a place to congregate to worship God, who has set about guidelines as for his flock to follow.  Are we now obligated to stoop to the those who reject the teachings of the word and be sympathizers to their lifestyle that does not match up with the word of God.  No, we don't have to.   

There is much more in this story that we are not privileged to hear and therefore cannot be so condemning of  the Church stance.  For instance, why was the son not  transparent at the very beginning, he would have gotten his answer be fore any cancellation ect.  Satan is determined to force his way into the Church and so a precedence can be set, it only takes the first instance and the bandwagon starts.

This has nothing to do with sinners as such, because we all are such .  Some choose to uphold the sanctity of God holiness, while others choose to play with fence and sit on both sides.  Choose today whom you will serve.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Every organisation and institution has some type of rules or protocols that is established to be observed . 

The church dose indeed have ever right to make whatever rules they want to make and to demand that the people who are entering their doors follow those rules. But if church rules mean that sinners are turn away,church is no longer a Church that worships follows God but becomes selective club of some sort.  

IF indeed the church rule is not to hold funerals for someone who has a son our daughter who is a sinner. I do not think that very many funerals will be taking place in this church.  But I do not think this is about "sin".I think this church would have no issues if the son was a drunkard, or if he was sleeping with an unmarried women.  I do not even think their would be an issue with this son bringing the unmarried women he is sleeping with to the funeral. 

Would be interesting to hear what the church has to say about this. But from the story it said they refuse to comment. I wonder why?  

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Sadly, an opportunity was missed for both these gentlemen, who are living a sinful lifestyle, to sit in church during a funeral, which is a perfect time for folks to reflect on where they will spend eternity.

So, it's kind of a shame that the fiance wasn't allowed to attend.