• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Revelation from God`s view. Vision 2. The Heir.

`There was a boy whose father gave him a very complex jigsaw puzzle to solve. When the boy finished it quite quickly the father asked how he did it so easily. The boy replied, “On the back of the puzzle is a picture of Jesus. I put that together easily, and then all the difficult pieces on the other side all came together in their right places.”

So it is I believe, we are often trying to find where the bits of revelation fit in, whereas if we look at it from God`s perspective, then it will all come out right. And God`s view point is His Son. Revelation, the unveiling, is of His Son as He is known in the heavenly realm. It is the setting forth the splendours of the Son of Man, and to reveal His glorious person. 

There are four visions of the Son of Man as He is known in the heavenly realm and each vision in turn carries through to completion one aspect of the fourfold ministry of Christ which He exercised when on earth. His Kinship was expressed in Matthew, His Heirship in Mark, His Mediatorship in Luke, and His Judgeship in John.

Vision 1.    CHRIST -  Head of the Body.  (Rev. 1 - 3)

This reveals the empowered Son of Man as the Sovereign Administrator.                                                                

`in His right hand He held 7 stars.`

Vision 2.   CHRIST -   HEIR.  (Rev. 4 – 7)

This reveals the enthroned Son of Man as the Supreme Executor.

`in His right hand He held the 7 sealed book.`

Vision 3.    CHRIST -  MEDIATOR.  (Rev. 8 – 13)

This reveals the exalted Son of Man as the Stately Mediator.

`in His hand is a sacred censor.`

Vision 4.    CHRIST -  JUDGE.  (Rev. 14 – 22)

This reveals the entitled Son of Man as the Sublime Adjudicator.

`in His hand is a sharp sickle.`

To reveal Christ to us in Revelation, I believe, there are over three hundred & thirty references to the figures, shadows, symbols, types, patterns, persons, & buildings of the Old Testament. This unveiling is the culmination of all the truths expressed from Genesis to Revelation, for all scripture is centred on one purpose and that is to reveal Christ to us in all His Glory.

TheThrone.thumb.jpg.292ac8a9c491c6516e8b453e435a34b3.jpg

For this thread and for our discussion I would like to focus on Vision 2 of the Lord, the Heir. And it will be interesting to see if all the pieces fit, as we focus from God`s view - His Son.

In summary, I believe that - God the Father sets up the supreme rulership of this throne, for His Son, His Heir, over His great kingdom.

God the Father who is Spirit, is ABOVE His created order, (heaven & earth) and has His Son at His right hand, `far above all.` (Eph. 1: 20 & 21) Then when it is time for the judgment of man`s final Global Government, the Father will seat His Son as the VISIBLE supreme ruler, on the highest throne, in the third heaven.

`Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together. Against the Lord and against His anointed......` God the Father `shall speak to them in His wrath, ...”I have set my King on my holy hill of Zion.”  (Ps. 2: 1, 2 5 & 6)

Mount Zion. This is symbolic of the highest rulership in the third heaven. (Heb. 12:22)

God the Father will set up this Throne for His Son, His Heir, and from there the Lord Jesus Christ will rule till He has put down all rule and authority, in the tribulation and on into the millennium. Then He will deliver the kingdom up to the Father, that He may be `all in all.`  (1 Cor. 15: 28)

If you would like to discuss, then my question is - `Do the different parts of Rev. 4 - 7  (vision 2) fit in with Christ as supreme ruler on this throne set up by the Father?`

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

For this thread and for our discussion I would like to focus on Vision 2 of the Lord, the Heir. And it will be interesting to see if all the pieces fit, as we focus from God`s view - His Son.

In summary, I believe that - God the Father sets up the supreme rulership of this throne, for His Son, His Heir, over His great kingdom.

God the Father who is Spirit, is ABOVE His created order, (heaven & earth) and has His Son at His right hand, `far above all.` (Eph. 1: 20 & 21) Then when it is time for the judgment of man`s final Global Government, the Father will seat His Son as the VISIBLE supreme ruler, on the highest throne, in the third heaven.

`Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together. Against the Lord and against His anointed......` God the Father `shall speak to them in His wrath, ...”I have set my King on my holy hill of Zion.”  (Ps. 2: 1, 2 5 & 6)

Mount Zion. This is symbolic of the highest rulership in the third heaven. (Heb. 12:22)

God the Father will set up this Throne for His Son, His Heir, and from there the Lord Jesus Christ will rule till He has put down all rule and authority, in the tribulation and on into the millennium. Then He will deliver the kingdom up to the Father, that He may be `all in all.`  (1 Cor. 15: 28)

If you would like to discuss, then my question is - `Do the different parts of Rev. 4 - 7  (vision 2) fit in with Christ as supreme ruler on this throne set up by the Father?`

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

Interesting question. My answer is from an answer to another post.....I'll just copy and paste it here:

" I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne"

Why does the Holy Spirit, writing thru John, not identify "Him who sat on the throne"???

Why didn't the H.S. just say "God who sat on the throne"......or "The Father who sat on the throne"

Look at the passages in Rev:

Rev 1:4..... " Grace and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before HIS throne"...... His throne??? Simple English would tell us that "His" is identified with "Him".....they are one and the same.

Rev 1:12-16...."And having turned, I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands I saw ONE like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in strength"

Compare this to Daniel 7:9...." I kept looking until thrones (multiple) were set up, and the Ancient of Days took His seat. (singular) His vesture was white like snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne was ablaze with flames,its wheels were a burning fire. A river of fire was flowing, and coming out before Him"

Sounds like descriptions of the same person...."white like snow, His head like pure wool "

I Chronicles ..... The Lord God talking with David...." When your days are fulfilled that you must go to be with your fathers, that I will set up one of your descendants after you, who will be one of your sons; and I will establish His kingdom. He shall build for Me a house, and I will establish HIS throne forever."  

Both Isaiah and Ezekiel saw the Father on the throne.....

Isa 6:1...."I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple......(5) for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.....

Ezekiel 1:26...." Now above the expanse that was over their heads there was something resembling a throne, like lapis lazuli in appearance, and on that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man."

In the book of Hebrews, we see this scripture: Heb 1:8....." But of the Son He says......Your throne O God is forever and ever"

In the letters to the seven churches, Jesus is described as:

Rev 2:1...."The ONE who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the ONE who walks among the seven lampstands"

Rev 2:8...." The first and the last, who was dead and has come to life"

Rev 2:12...."The ONE who has the sharp two edged sword"

Rev 2:18....."The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and his feet are like burnished bronze"

Rev 3:1...."He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars"

Rev 3:7...." He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one will open"

Rev 3:14...."The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the "Beginning of the creation of God"

In Rev 4:2..... We read John describing what he saw. He sees "A THRONE" standing in heaven, and "One" sitting on the throne. John does not say "God sitting on the throne. He says "ONE"

Further, in Rev 4:5..... "And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God......and in the CENTER and around the throne , four living creatures.".........

So, there are 4 living creatures in the CENTER of the throne, and around it.......interesting! 

Rev 4:9....."And when the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE, to Him who lives forever and ever, the 24 elders will fall down before HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne saying.............. 'Holy ,Holy, Holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, Who was and Who is and Who is to come."............There is only ONE WHO IS COMING.....IT IS JESUS

Rev 5:1...." I saw in the right hand of HIM WHO SAT ON THE THRONE....."

Rev 5:6......" And I saw BETWEEN the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing.....And He came and took the book out of the right hand of HIM WHO SAT ON THE THRONE......"

Again, John does not identify THE ONE SITTING ON THE THRONE.

Look at what John sees in Rev 4:2:

"Immediately I was in the Spirit, and behold, "A THRONE" was standing in heaven, and ONE sitting on the throne. And HE WHO WAS SITTING was like a jasper stone and a sardius in appearance"

Right there, we have clues to help us identify "HE WHO WAS SITTING ON THE THRONE"

The last and first sons of Israel were Benjamin and Reuben. Benjamin means "Son of the right hand" (Gen 35:18)....... and Reuben means "The Lord has looked upon my affliction" (Gen 29:32). Therefore, the jasper and sardius stones show that the "ONE THAT SITS ON THE THRONE" in Heaven is the "Son of the Right Hand, who was afflicted. Jesus does not sit at the right hand of any likeness of the Father. Rather, the Son sits at the right hand of the "power of God". (Luke 22:69)

Jesus calls Himself the "First and the Last" (Rev 1:11). The first and last stones on the breastplate of judgment (Exodus 28:4, 15-21) worn by the high priest, represent Jesus.

I believe that Rev 4:10-11 is the real clincher:

" The twenty four elders will fall down before HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne saying......

"WORTHY are YOU, our Lord and our God to receive glory and honor and power; for YOU created all things, and because of Your will they existed and were created"

So, to answer your question, I see Rev 4 and Rev 5 clearly describing Jesus as the One sitting on the Throne.

3 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Marilyn,

Interesting question. My answer is from an answer to another post.....I'll just copy and paste it here:

" I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne"

Why does the Holy Spirit, writing thru John, not identify "Him who sat on the throne"???

Why didn't the H.S. just say "God who sat on the throne"......or "The Father who sat on the throne"

So, to answer your question, I see Rev 4 and Rev 5 clearly describing Jesus as the One sitting on the Throne.

Hi Joe,

Now that was very good there bro. Well done. Some very good proof there. Thanks.

I thought for a moment that you were going to say - God the Father, as many people think that because of - `in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne, a scroll.......and He (the Lamb) came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.` (Rev. 5: 1 & 7) 

Now we know that God the Father does not have a right hand as He is Spirit. It is a pictorial representation of the Father giving the Son His inheritance. As Ephesians and Hebrews clearly show us that Jesus went to the Father`s right hand, the Holy Spirit does not have to repeat Himself in Revelation. All of scripture reveals the Lord.

Also the phrase `Him who sat on the throne,`  means `on His authority ` this throne is set up. The word `throne` means authority.

regards, Marilyn.

In the unveiling of His Son in vision2, the Father reveals that His Son is His Heir. As His Heir He is entitled to inherit all things - the earth, its lands & its peoples are His inheritance.

`God....has appointed (His Son) heir of all things.`  (Heb. 1: 2)

Then specifically we read the Father saying -

`Ask of Me, & I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for Your possession.` (Ps. 2: 8)

Thus in vision 2 we see a pictorial representation of the Father giving His Son and Heir, His inheritance of the nations. He steps forward and receives the scroll, the title deeds of the earth, out of the Father`s hand.

`And He came & took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.`(Rev. 5: 7)

The scroll is a `legal document,` representing the Father`s will that His Son would become the executor of God`s entire estate, (the whole universe) and would deal with the usurper, Satan. The seven seals of God on the scroll show that the person who is worthy to exercise authority is also competent to eject the usurper and establish the rightful heirs.

The scroll, the Father`s will is now revealed in pictorial form and shows us who is to be judged and who is to be avenged. The Great Federations of nations are shown first, as the Father has brought them to His Son`s footstool for judgment. The Father declares -

`Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.` (Ps. 110: 1)

Thus we see the great Federations of our time and the order they arose -

1.The British Empire (Commonwealth & America), - conquering & to conquer.

2.The Russian Federation - killing in great numbers.

3.The European Union - philosophy of free trade, (scales, a picture of a market economy).

4.Islam  - Death. (yet to arise)

5.The martyrs of those who do not take the mark or worship the beast. They will be avenged.

6. All mankind living will be subject to judgment.

7.The kingdoms of the world become the kingdoms of the Lord.

A clear picture of what is to come.....Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

This may be a naive question, but will the Father always be Spirit and not visible?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Kristin said:

This may be a naive question, but will the Father always be Spirit and not visible?  

This may help you understand.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. John 14:8-10

Edited by dhchristian
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

So Jesus Christ is what we will see and He is the Father and the Holy Spirit? I don’t mean to get away from the topic, but it bears asking from some truths here. 

Edited by Kristin

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

"..wonderful, counselor, the everlasting father, the prince of peace.."

• Thumbs Up 1