George

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think that this is actually an extremely powerful concept - one that extends to all of our relationships. Whether it is our Lord, our brother or sister, or even the person who glances our way from across the street, our own concepts and preconceptions regarding that person will determine the potential level of fellowship we can attain with them. It is critical that we constantly seek the truth - the real truth, not our own biased perception of it - so that we can draw as close to our Lord and to others as we are called to draw. Freedom from our own limitations begins with knowing the truth about our God and ourselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I always considered God a loving heavenly Father.   However, I know that some people who perceive of God as a hard taskmaster or a punishing  figure often have difficulties believing in God.   Or sometimes if they do believe in God, they might become very hard or judgmental towards others.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I believe it is in direct proportion to the dying to self... then I am enabled to receive them without the bias of self preference....

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I once heard it stated that we may give as much as we understand of ourselves to as much of God as we understand. Then stand back and see His Grace and Love in action.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

I once listened to an audio book named “I dared to call Him Father”. It was about a Muslim who asked God which was correct, the Koran or the Bible and the response was “whichever one puts Me forth as a Father”. 

Seeing God for Who He is, is what draws one to Him. For how can one resist His love but by not knowing it is there. 

Blessings to all, Not me   

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

23 minutes ago, Dr Quist said:

I think that this is actually an extremely powerful concept - one that extends to all of our relationships. Whether it is our Lord, our brother or sister, or even the person who glances our way from across the street, our own concepts and preconceptions regarding that person will determine the potential level of fellowship we can attain with them. It is critical that we constantly seek the truth - the real truth, not our own biased perception of it - so that we can draw as close to our Lord and to others as we are called to draw. Freedom from our own limitations begins with knowing the truth about our God and ourselves.

Excellent post ... and interesting how this concept does truly extend into all our relationships.  Imagine if we looked at our brothers and sisters as God looks at them.  Would we more gracious and loving in our responses to those whom we consider at odds with our views?  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Steward

21 minutes ago, Debp said:

I always considered God a loving heavenly Father.   However, I know that some people who perceive of God as a hard taskmaster or a punishing  figure often have difficulties believing in God.   Or sometimes if they do believe in God, they might become very hard or judgmental towards others.

So true ... and if we think of God as "distant" would we also be "distant" with those around us? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

4 minutes ago, Not me said:

I once listened to a audio book named “I dared to call Him Father”. It was about a Muslim who asked God which was correct, the Koran or the Bible and the response was “whichever one puts Me forth as a Father”. 

Seeing God for Who He is, is what draws one to Him. For how can one resist His love but by not knowing it is there. 

Blessings to all, Not me   

Amen! 

The whole core of Islam is from Ishmael, the effects of how Abraham casted out Ishmael and how this affects those trapped in Islam today!  Amazing, how this concept is also affecting the generations that followed Ishmael's banishment.  This is at the heart of the issue at how to reach "Muslims" for the Lord!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Steward

Another aspect to this idea ... if you felt as if your father loved you based on your "performance" ... would this also affect your understanding of how God loves?   This is another avenue to explore as well.

• Thumbs Up 1