IGNORED

Is it sinful to drink alcoholic beverages and wine?

chargedbyfa1th

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom..

Is it sinful to drink alcoholic beverages and wine? I don't understand about this..If you know and have any Bible verses related to it please quote them too..

Thank you.. :)

Jesus bless you

Friend, go to Jesus and ask Him if it is sin to drink alcohol, He will tell you. Follow Him, not man.

When i fear something is sin i ask Him and He tells me if it is sin or not. He wants to do the same for you.

James 1,5-7

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 8/5/2019 at 10:06 AM, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom..

Is it sinful to drink alcoholic beverages and wine? I don't understand about this..If you know and have any Bible verses related to it please quote them too..

Thank you.. :)

Jesus bless you

I think it's okay to drink a little. Intoxication is a sin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

There are passages in the Bible  that state those of high responsibility fare better by not having alcohol hinder them in their responsibilities. It also states let the drunkards alone in their state, better that they do not know their  sorry condition.

This individual has done a nice work on the subject https://reformedhealth.net/do-not-be-drunk-with-wine/  an  except follows:: 

1. Overindulgence in wine can lead to incest. After God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot hid out in the mountains. His daughters suspected that he was the last man alive on earth and conspired to get Lot drunk so as to have sex with him and bring children into the world. Their plot was successful. Had Lot been sober, he would have never agreed to such vile behavior. Read Genesis 19 for the story.
  2. The Bible warns that drunkenness will lead to immorality. Leviticus 18 explicitly warns against exposing your nakedness to those who are not your spouse. These warnings are ultimately against sexual immorality. Habakuk 2:16 makes a clear connection: “Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness.” Lamentations 4:21 repeats the same warning: “But the cup will come around to you as well; you will become drunk and make yourself naked.” Drinking too much alcohol can lead to wrongfully exposing your nakedness. Protect yourself from immorality: Do not be drunk with wine.
  3. Drunkenness causes health problems. While I Timothy 5:23 recommends “a little wine” for frequent ailments, too much wine can cause a host of health problems. We will write about this from a scientific perspective in a future post. But many passages in the Bible talk about the physical ailments associated with alcohol abuse, including depression; red eyes; injuries; nausea; vomiting; and bitterness of soul. See Proverbs 23 and Isaiah 19:14 for more.
  4. Heavy alcohol use is a tool for sexual abuse against others. As in the case with Lot’s daughters, men and women alike can use alcohol as a way to seduce people into a sexual relationship. Alcohol brings down the natural defenses. And once someone is intoxicated by wine or strong drink, they can lose all ability to refuse sexual advances. The Bible warns against this in Habakuk 2:15 saying: “Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, who mix in your venom even to make them drunk so as to look on their nakedness!”
  • Thanks 1