Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

For a complete understanding of this topic read Hebrews 3-4. The difference between a sabbath rest, and a resting place is presented there. The person who wrote this hymn understands it, as it is based off of that passage. The word for rest in that passage means "resting place"

My faith has found a resting place,
  Not in device nor creed;
I trust the Ever-living One,
  His wounds for me shall plead.
  I need no other argument,
  I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
Enough for me that Jesus saves,
  This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
  He’ll never cast me out.
My heart is leaning on the Word,
  The written Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior’s name,
  Salvation through His blood.
My great Physician heals the sick,
  The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
  For me His life He gave.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

12 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Well Dave, like a flag to a bull, when you mention the word 'Sabbath' some will flock around and tell you you are wrong to mention keeping it and give lots of reasons (from unscrupulous pulpits) as to why and how they despise it.

It is sure to stir up a storm because some do not want to be reminded of how the 'modern' believer has been hoodwinked so badly. Rather than admit they are wrong they will fight tooth and nail for their idea that, a) every day is sabbath. b) God did away with the law. c) you have to keep all the many laws if you are going to keep God's Sabbath Holy. d) supposedly the apostles said not to honor it. (a very bad reading and understanding of the apostles' teaching.)

So I am sorry your post was hi-jacked, but you must understand the underlying reason. Namely the Principalities and Powers hate God's Creation and they hate His people. They have been subverting the scriptures since the year dot.

Thank you Justin.

I knew before I posted this that there would be backlash, because even in church and from acqaintances I have received resistance, sometimes downright condemnation, so this isn't new or unexpected.

Jesus said to count the cost before we choose to follow Him. Many have counted the cost and then stood for His truth in the face of persecution. It's to be expected in the Christian life.

God has called me to be an apologist to defend and contend for the TRUTH of His word in hopes that the truth will win out for a "FEW". Matthew 7:14, Luke 13: 23-24.

Again, thank you and may God bless you beyond all you could hope for - Dave

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I have no issue with this. You seem to be telling others what you do . But I don't see anywhere in your post that you are commanding that others to do the same.  So God Bless you on your walk with Christ. 

Hello LadyKay,

Thank you so much.

I see no reason to act as anyone's Holy Spirit. God has a plan for each life and far be it from me to presume God's plans or intentions for anyones life.

We are commanded to be salt and light in a dark world and like many here feel God's calling to share His truth as he has revealed it to us.

There are many voices here, and I am just one more voice in the caous and confusion of beliefs, trying to bring what it has taken me years to discover for myself, so that some may at least consider what I have posted here.

So wonderfull that this forum and the internet exist so we can exchange idea's and beliefs that all can consider in their quest for their own faith.

Enjoy your day and may God bless you in all He has called you to - Dave 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

This Sabbath debate can upset me sometimes. We might sing hymns and Psalms and other Tanach themes, yet all the while (underneath it all) is a distrust of the Lord God and His words about His Sabbath. The Torah is really NOT the law and all the ordinances that got attached to the purifying rituals of Temple worship. To me the Torah is an insight into the character of God and is the foundation of all that follows.  Yeshua gave His blood as an atonement and a purification of THE WAY to the Throne Room of the Most High God. So this is not required now since we are the righteousness of God in Christ. Neither are the myriad other nit-picking ordinances added by the priestly class of value. His Sacrifice made us free from the law of sin and death. It never made us free from keeping the Sabbath Holy to the Lord and also for our own benefit. It was established while Adam was still in the Garden. So when we are again in Eden, I would think, out of Honor and Praise for our God, we would also honor the Sabbath day as well.

For years and years I wondered about the Sabbath and why we never kept it and why we adopted the RCC and earlier pagan attributes into our worship methods. Then about ten years ago, between trips, I started to study more deeply. I discovered the 'easter' thing was suspect (not 72 hours) and all the other pagan days the churches were observing. When I began to see the Cosmology of the Lord God and His trials over His Hosts betraying Him and then His people doing the same, I began to see a very wicked MO behind it all and its opposition to the Lord and Father of mankind. It is so sad that many believers have inadvertently taken up the batten promoted by the Principalities and Powers and have run with it not realizing its 'end-game'.

Thankfully the battle belongs to the Lord, so apart from having a nice bright target on my back, I am learning to quietly put the truth as I see it. I cannot fault people that have been sold a bill of goods, but I do take exception to some that build on the misguided faith of the sheep and sell books knowing that the subject matter is very much in question.  Even one editor of the Left Behind series was an atheist. So go figure.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Been sitting here with my cup of coffee and am a little stunned that the thread I posted here has seemingly been HI_JACKED by people using it as theirs to promote Jewish traditions and sacrifice under the Mosaic law which was abolished in Christ blood on the cross as the eternal sacrifice for all man's sins.

No, not quite, Dave. 

Matthew 5:17  Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.  KJV

2 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

I do not agree with any of these posts and don't want them posted here as Christ died as our sacrifice, and I want HIS sacrifice on the cross to always be where our salvation began.

There are many instances of disagreements here. Not in all cases, however. Being a discussion forum, a certain amount of debating is expected, and especially because it's an open platform in allowance of such. 

51 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

No, not quite, Dave. 

Matthew 5:17  Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.  KJV

There are many instances of disagreements here. Not in all cases, however. Being a discussion forum, a certain amount of debating is expected, and especially because it's an open platform in allowance of such. 

Hi there Beaujangles.

Thanks greatly for your response.

Have a wonderful blessed day and weekend - Dave

• Praise God! 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, Ledster said:

Thanks I kinda thought it was most of what you said, I didn't know though you weren't supposed to cook.  I always just assumed the labor part was doing work done with pay, that you shouldn't do work you get paid for on this day. I read this somewhere this one person said you can do things but not do paid work. Everybody has their own views, I used to affliate it with the jews I worked for one awhile back and they did nothing over the weekends not use anything. Then I read where some  say we don't have to do it because Hebrews 4. I read that over and over and it didn't sink in. It was put on my heart to read it one day. Anyway thanks for your imput I appreciate it. 

Ledster my brother in Christ

When I approached God about what I was to do on the Sabbath I gave Him the choice to decide what work was in MY LIFE. For me a relationship with God is very real and personal and theirs no rules or regulations - there is just love and respect and a desire to surrender to any choice He has for my life. I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to work in my life and lead me into what honoring the Sabbath was about for me.

Each person could be different. The Jews either had or have regulations for their observance, under Christ we have a personal relationship through His Grace.

I just listed what I do and don't do because I was asked by a member here, GOD WANTS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH ONE OF US and to me that means praying and asking for His will and asking Him how to surrender our lives to Him so that He can accomplish all that He has for you personally - Jer. 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the LORD, plans for good and bot evil, for a future and a hope, and you will pray and seek me with all your heart, and I will be found by you declares the LORD" - I absolutely LOVE and ADORE that verse.

God is just so loving and sweet and kind, and loves us with all His heart, and wants a loving relationship where he can pour out His love on us to protect us and provide for us in a loving personal way. His love for mankind goes far beyond anything we can experience here on earth from anyone.

God wants to custom design a personal relationship with you that is unique to you and your personality and needs like no one else's, that you can be so excited about that you want to go out and tell the whole world about this loving God that they just have to meet.

Like meeting this fabulous girl that just blows you away, and you want everyone to meet her because she is so amazing - GOD IS JUST SO AMAZING !!!

Ledster you have a fabulous day in the lord,

God bless my friend

Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, BeauJangles said:

Does this include flipping the light switch, or pushing the button on a pre-loaded coffee maker? I suppose a little televised viewing is also out of the question? 

Light is the same with fire, the Hebrew were banned to lit fire starting from the night of Sabbath.

Exodus 35:3 You shall not kindle a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath day."

Coffee is meal, don’t prepare meals (Ex. 16:23-5)

Don’t go outside your place (Ex. 16:29)

Exo 16:29 See, for that the Lord hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day
the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

Any pleasure (TV entertainment) not allowed
And dont speak thine own words.

Isa 58: 13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day;
and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable;
and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure,
nor speaking thine own words

THE TORAH WITH 613 MITZVOT IS HANGING ON THESE TWO LAWS :

Matt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt alove the Lord thy God with all thy bheart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy cmind.

38 This is the first and great acommandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt alove thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the prophets.   

THATS WHY ITS CALLED THE NEW COVENANT BECAUSE THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS WERE UNTIL JOHN.

Luke 16:16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Light is the same with fire, the Hebrew were banned to lit fire starting from the night of Sabbath.

Exodus 35:3 You shall not kindle a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath day."

Coffee is meal, don’t prepare meals (Ex. 16:23-5)

Okay now, lemme see if I got this down. Sit in the dark at home, don't make any effort to drink anything, 'cuz it might be nutritious enough to consider it making a meal, and don't go to temple on shabbat. Right, gotcha. :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Oh. So what is, "a Sabbath day's journey". ??? I saw that in scripture someplace...

Some seem intent on sowing discord about something they know so little... perhaps that is me, so I will say no more!!

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2