IGNORED

The number 666

Guest Evgen

Q: Preacher, what’s your opinion about the number 666 in Revelation 13:18?

A: I have read many comments on that Scripture and have made my research as well.

I daresay, the Most Right Interpretation(s) we may receive in another Time and from the LORD our GOD only. Until then, considering that every Scripture may have more than one Meaning and respective Interpretation, all our explanations can be taken up, given they don’t contradict the Written Word of GOD and one another.

What I’ve found so far, is the Parallel between The First Book of Kings and The Book of Revelation.

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold... (1Kings 10:14 & 2Chronicles 9:13)

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is Wisdom. Let him that hath Understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Revelation 13:16-18)

The interesting thing is, that to find this Parallel & Interpretation one doesn’t need to know the world history, the names of many hundred years dead Emperors, Pops, and other fruits of mankind, Hebrew letters, Roman figures, etc., as that was required for other explanations. What we need is only our Bible.

Of course, we can convert talents into tons of avoirdupois or whatever else and receive some other figures. But that’s not important. The sense of 1Kings Chapter 10 is the Power of GOD-given Wisdom, misdirected to get worldly wealth. Yea, the last was impressive indeed. Imagine the fame & envy...

Now, once the first link in the evil chain of misdirection is mammon, what next?

That same Wisdom was misused on to have the unbelievable crowd of wives, amass profound knowledge on a bunch of secondary things, and eventually find yourself in the dead-end of idolatry...

At the same time, GOD's People Israel lacked Education in Sacred Fear of GOD which such a Blessed Wisdom – given, by the way, to answer a Prayer for a Righteous reigning (see 1Kings 3:5-14)ought to be zeroed in at, ought it not?

For even King’s children weren’t reared in RighteousnessWhat happened after Solomon’s death? Conflict, corruption, sorrowful split up... Mind the King’s own doubts recorded in Ecclesiastes 2:18-19:

Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the Sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me. And who knoweth whether he shall be a Wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the Sun. This is also vanity.

Now, Revelation 13:16-18. The same mammon – the same way of living. How can we people possibly live in this godless world without a mark in our right hand (the mammon in action), and/or in our foreheads (the mammon in mind)? Satan teaches us all to think and act this very way.

Therefore, 666 is just a label of mammon, our bookmark for future reference. For far be it from us to criticize Solomon or whosoever else, remembering the own shame.

You may say that other expositors counted 666, whereas I just bookmarked it. OK, lets do count. I have very good reason to believe that most Believers ought to compare their monetary income (since the day they have become Christians) and the corresponding Tithes & Offerings (withheld) to find themselves right under that evil label. Same is True for GODs other Blessings (kept back as well) – health, intellect, education – you name it. For future Judgment.

(From my Q & A chapter 137)

Edited by Evgen
formatting

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The number of his name is very interesting. We can definitely see today; as no other previous generation, how one man could control all global buying and selling with the mark, there's no imagination necessary. 

Let them count the number of his name: I've always thought this to be a verification of the Antichrist after he is revealed, by use of gematria.

The antichrist? I guess, it's another story. The antichrists were and now are. They are kings and presidents to whom Satan might reveal himself.

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. (Daniel 7:8) 

The little horn is Satan’s servant the antichrist. His little military power (the only one the world recognizes) is made up for by the eyes (which others don’t have) denoting better knowledge & understanding. Those kings know perfectly whom they serve. Matthew 4:9.

They willfully unite with Satan. Clever, they do away with stronger ones. Antichrists lie the way hard to doubt. John 10:10.

Edited by Evgen
correction

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

This topic is exactly why I prefer to stick to the teachings of Christ and only use the other scriptures for any commentary or insight they may offer on them. There's not nearly as much room for interpretation or controversy that way.  I believe that what, if anything, I believe or don't believe about the number 666 has absolutely no bearing on my Faith and has no practical effect on my following the teachings of Christ. So, while I don't have an answer, I'm not the least bit concerned as God will explain all when we see Him and until then He's given me plenty of other stuff to do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

We see the number 666 in Revelation 13. The meaning of the number is a mystery. 

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We see the number 666 in Revelation 13. The meaning of the number is a mystery. 

There are those who believe that it refers to an alpha/numeric code system popular with early Christians to communicate without alerting anyone who was persecuting them to the meaning. In the code, numbers are decoded into letters and words. Many have determined that it is indeed code for Nero but when you research the code itself a little further you see that, while it definitely could be referring to Nero it's not that simple, as it could also be some other name (it does say, "the number of his name, so we know it's a name). What these researchers simply found is, that of all the known enemies of Christianity at the time Nero was the only one that worked with the code but it isn't definitive to the exclusion of all others.  So, without going on and on, I'll just say that this just one of the reasons I don't bother with such things unless I come upon them and comment. I find that trusting that God will reveal any secrets that He needs me to know in order to serve Him saves me worrying about everything else. Makes for a simpler and happier life in my case.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, unworthyservant said:

There are those who believe that it refers to an alpha/numeric code system popular with early Christians to communicate without alerting anyone who was persecuting them to the meaning. In the code, numbers are decoded into letters and words. Many have determined that it is indeed code for Nero but when you research the code itself a little further you see that, while it definitely could be referring to Nero it's not that simple, as it could also be some other name (it does say, "the number of his name, so we know it's a name). What these researchers simply found is, that of all the known enemies of Christianity at the time Nero was the only one that worked with the code but it isn't definitive to the exclusion of all others.  So, without going on and on, I'll just say that this just one of the reasons I don't bother with such things unless I come upon them and comment. I find that trusting that God will reveal any secrets that He needs me to know in order to serve Him saves me worrying about everything else. Makes for a simpler and happier life in my case.

There has been all kinds of speculation. But that is all it is......speculation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

There has been all kinds of speculation. But that is all it is......speculation. 

And for the most part there's no use in debating speculation because it turns into a circular argument and does nothing but end in disagreement anyway.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1711121218_tknot.jpg.fa91a8e923f3c5b0ac451b08dd9bced3.jpg

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, other one said:

1711121218_tknot.jpg.fa91a8e923f3c5b0ac451b08dd9bced3.jpg

Goodnight that is ugly .       Scare the spots off a cheetah .     Look how nasty that looks .