missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

As long as a person turning to Christ Recognizes they are a sinner and is willing to die from sin, and turn and follow Christ Jesus they are on the right tack/path.

Anyone who preaches that its ok to relax in sin after finding Christ become His blood covers all is being mislead by a false teaching.

When a person truly turns to Christ for salvation, their desire is to know Christ Jesus more and more and follow His Word and become FAITHFUL to HIm and His Word. That is what having Faith FAITHfulness in Christ Jesus is ALL about.

Someone saying they have been Redeemed by Christ and who keeps willfully sinning without repenting , is only hurting himself and keeping His possible relationship with Christ to a very low minimum. The more a person sins , they are opening themselves to demonic opposition to Christ ,  and that  keeps their sin strongholds active.

Gods Word says: By taking our daily spiritual bread. we are to ask Him daily to deliver us of our sins. Matthew 6:9-13  A sinner needs deliverance from sin. That's why Christ Jesus Came to free us from the power of sin.So we can overcome our sins, let go of them and get past them, step by step.

When a sinner gets delivered from sin, they need to hold close to Christ and His Word to overcome their sins.

Yes it is not us who changes ourselves or deliver ourselves, it is seeking Christ Daily who delivers us of our sins.

But we are to be active participants and be willing to seek Him daily for to have a relationship with Him.

Christ Jesus, will lovingly  and gently show us His way and convict our hearts of our sins through His Holy Spirit working in us.

The more a person draws near to God, the more the Holy Spirit of God will convict them of their sins, and the less they will want to sin and will seek deliverance from their current sin situation.

Yes until we reunite with Christ we will be faced with challenges concerning Sin, but He has come to us to overcome this sinful world and as faithful Christ IS, we grow in Christ and become able to be delivered from sin as we continue to grow in Him.

If we are not being transformed and being freed from our sins through Christ Jesus, we need to examine ourselves to see what in our hearts is preventing this.

Sometimes we lack trusting in Him and His Word to deliver us, but His Word says plainly that He is capable of delivering us and setting us FREE from our sins.

If trusting in Him is our drawback then we just need to go to Him and ask Him to help us trust Him more. He is faithful to help us trust in Him more and more and to give us His Wisdom if we just come to Him and ask Him.  His Wisdom does not want us to continue in our sins but be delivered from them through Him. Amen!

James 1:5

4Allow perseverance to finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But he must ask in faith, without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.…

The pharisee does not trust  that Christ can deliver us from sin. The pharisee has no faith or faithfulness in God to deliver them from their sins. They believe a false doctrine  away from Gods Word and His promises to ALL who are faithful and obedient to His Word.

If one is NOt faithful and willing to follow His Word, his faith is only superficial, no better than the pharisee.

The Word says we are to become brides of Christ.

what does that mean?

A bride is willing to be faithful to their husband.

What does being faithful mean in any relationship? especially a marriage between husband and wife? God and His children?

If we look to stray God at every opportunity, have no regard in cheating on Him, our relationship with Him is in Vain and not true, and bery and very much lacking in faith and faithfulness to the relationship with Him.

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Modern day Pharisees do not walk in love... love for God and love for one another. (these being the first and second greatest commandments. Matt 22:36-40)

Like the Bible day Pharisees, they are knowledgeable of the scriptures. But that is where it stops. It is simply head knowledge that does not transfer into heart knowledge. They will 'talk the talk' without truly walking the walk. As in Luke 10:25-37. The Levite walks to avoid seeing the neighbor, while the Good Samaritan walks to encounter and help the neighbor. The Pharisees likewise lacked compassion for the downtrodden. 

Jesus scolds them for their wrong priorities and hypocrisy.  “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You pay a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These things should have been done without neglecting the others. Blind guides! You strain out a gnat, yet gulp down a camel!" (Matthew 23:23-24)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Modern day Pharisees do not walk in love... love for God and love for one another. (these being the first and second greatest commandments. Matt 22:36-40)

Like the Bible day Pharisees, they are knowledgeable of the scriptures. But that is where it stops. It is simply head knowledge that does not transfer into heart knowledge. They will 'talk the talk' without truly walking the walk. As in Luke 10:25-37. The Levite walks to avoid seeing the neighbor, while the Good Samaritan walks to encounter and help the neighbor. The Pharisees likewise lacked compassion for the downtrodden. 

Jesus scolds them for their wrong priorities and hypocrisy.  “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You pay a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These things should have been done without neglecting the others. Blind guides! You strain out a gnat, yet gulp down a camel!" (Matthew 23:23-24)

For my yoke is light my burden is easy .     What a joy to walk righteously in Christ .     all good things are a joy to do to those who have the Love that fulfills the rightesouness

of the law upon their hearts .   That is the beauty of it .    They have all hope for their hope is in Christ and their affections are above on HIM .

The things Jesus said To do are JOY .   What a feast and rejoicing of the soul to even read the things He said To do and not to do .   Its like every word is a joy .

When the goodness of GOD does enter into us , the things He has called evil , grow very evil to us and are a burden even when the lusts of the flesh try and rise up .

To  even think and ponder on the words of the LORD bring us joy and peace and the doing of them Rejoices the heart .

To do good is not griveious on our souls ,  but even the very thought of evil , now that is vexing on the soul .

Example .    When I read I could not be remarried it did not depress me ,   All his words were just food to the soul . And living by the Spirit and obeying

this has not caused me one burden ,  But rather JOY and HAPPY is the one who hears and DOES my sayings .

If something JESUS said for us to do is causing us burden ,  THAT is when we had better fast examine and take heed for we are allowing the flesh

to try and sway us .  The flesh is becoming what we are focusing on and not the simple JOY of having ALL HOPES above on Him .

GOD gives the SPIRIT to us as the guide and helper as the consoler and teacher and it gives us the ability and desire to do all things WHICH PLEASE HIM .

Let us HEED the SPIRIT and be well fed fat on them bibles .    For all things they did write are good wholesome food for the soul .

You are correct my sister .     Poem away and let the LORD be praised .

13 hours ago, lftc said:

Mr thaylorde,

"to love him is to obey him"

He said in your favorite sermon on the mount that whoever teaches against the law is the least in the kingdom of heaven.  To me that means the whole law still applies.  The law does not have the artificial separations that imposed by those that want to live by both the law and grace.  There is not Moral Law, Civil Law and Ceremonial Law.  There is the Law, all 613 commandments.  But for the sake of discussion, I will suppose that only the Moral Law still applies, which strictly says you must kill your children when they curse you.  If your children have cursed you and you did not kill them yet, it's not too late, you are still alive.  Oh wait, let's move that to Civil Law because most local governments will kill you if you attempt to live by that law.

Ok then, lets keep the Sabbath as that is part of the big 10.  No work.  What does that mean?  Well you have to do it better than the Pharisees otherwise your righteousness will not exceed theirs. 

Have I offended you?  Jesus said in the sermon on the mount that unless you forgive others you are not forgiven.  So unless you forgive me, you know like you want Jesus to forgive you, you are not forgiven.  Not pretend forgiveness - the real thing, removing my sin as far as the east is from the west. Meaning that as far as you are concerned it never happened and you want to invite me into your home.

I say all this not to incite confusion or despair, but to invite people to really ponder these issues instead of dodging them.  You must decide what Jesus meant by the sermon on the mount.  If you choose to believe that it is the law then live by it and the underlying Mosaic law on which it is based, depending on it to save you.  Or realize that Jesus was illustrating this very principal, that you must come to a place of despair to really turn to Jesus, the Author and Perfector of our Faith. 

Then you can know what he meant when he said that we are to be known by our Love.  "My Command is this: Love One Another". That doesn't mean God approves of bad behavior, but it does mean that my relationship with him is NOT destroyed by my behavior. 

Understanding the scriptures depends on which scriptures you see as the foundation.  "My burden is easy and my yoke is light"

But lets SEE what JESUS says .     He WHO Keeps my sayings LOVES   Me .      To LOVE HIM IS TO OBEY HIM and OBEY and FOLLOW HIM no matter what the cost ,  IS The Abundant LIFE .

He who hates me Keeps not my sayings .      

Lets see what paul says .  EXHORT one another daily lest any becomes hardedend through the deceitfulness of sin ,   lest any root of bitterness springs up and thereby Many be DEFILED .

YEAH .    Way too many have learned to trust in a version of sensual love and not in GOD ALONE .     If love can omit the keeping of the sayings of JESUS ,  THEN ITS NOT FROM GOD .

FOR the LOVE that springs forth from GOD REJOICES in TRUTH .    It LOVES JESUS ABOVE ALL , and from that LOVE the true LOVE of how to Love the brethren as HE LOVES US

does spring forth . And that love desires none to perish so it , like paul who had this love , would correct and chasten those who err and feed solid biblical truth to build up .

The question today is ,    are we trusting in what men consider love to BE ,    or are we TRUSTING IN JESUS CHRIST and ALL THAT HE SAID to do and not do .    THAT is THE QUESTION .

For long ago men crept in and did exactly what the serpent would do .

The serpent did not attack what was written he too quoated it to JESUS ,  but the MEANING he twists .  
so an example .   The men crept in and did not attack the saying THAT GOD IS LOVE ,   instead they changed AGAPE LOVE into a sensual wordly way of thinkings love .

THUS changing the image of GOD into a GOD whose love in now way is compatible to HIM .

HOW bout we ponder on that one . BECAUSE IT DID HAPPEN and many are under and trust in a love that would NOT HONOR CHRIST , LOVE HIM above all

but rather would use grace as a means to omit WHAT JESUS HIMSELF taught .    THAT is no place to be .  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The question today is ,    are we trusting in what men consider love to BE ,    or are we TRUSTING IN JESUS CHRIST and ALL THAT HE SAID to do and not do .    THAT is THE QUESTION .

For long ago men crept in and did exactly what the serpent would do .

The serpent did not attack what was written he too quoated it to JESUS ,  but the MEANING he twists .  
so an example .   The men crept in and did not attack the saying THAT GOD IS LOVE ,   instead they changed AGAPE LOVE into a sensual wordly way of thinkings love .

THUS changing the image of GOD into a GOD whose love in now way is compatible to HIM .

It seems to me that these accusations cut both ways.   One should be careful not to select specific verses and avoid the others.  One should not select verses from Jesus and Paul but fail to reconcile those with the other verses from Jesus and Paul. 

I write this for the benefit of those who wonder what Hope can there be given the points raised here about failing to keep certain words of Jesus.

Switching to the hypothetical YOU (not intended to be aimed at anyone unless it fits)

Just like the Pharisees, you lay a burden on others that you cannot keep.   The words of Christ that you cannot keep are clear, If you right eye offends you pluck it out.  You will say that your right eye has never offended you, as you have never looked on a woman and coveted her (or what ever it is that you want as your own, a car, a tv, a gun).  You have not thrown yourself into the sea as you have not caused a child to sin by making them angry (as Paul says to NOT make children angry). 

Towards the beginning of the sermon on the mount, Jesus says : " For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

I choose to take the sermon on the mount as the word of the LORD - all of it.  So when he says the Law is still intact, down to the least bit of it,  I believe him. Do you?  Which means that if one is going to keep the sermon on the mount perfectly, obeying all of Christ's words, one must keep the Law - perfectly , if you have any hope of using law to exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees, which he also commanded.  Which means you must travel to Jerusalem 3 times a year.  And you must deliver what is left of the tithe of your produce to the temple.  Oh, no temple, whoops, the Law does not permit that as an excuse.
Jesus said that calling a brother a fool is risking hell itself.  SOme twist out of that by avoiding using the greek word, although Matthew was probably written in Hebrew, which fact shows that we pursue meaningless controversies about words.  But then he says to leave your gift at the altar to fix the fact that you have been mean to your brother.  What altar? There is only one altar that existed when Jesus said that.  So when have you been to the altar, or does the fact that the altar was destroyed in 70 AD mean that you don't have to pay attention to that teaching of Jesus, which means then that we can spiritualize everything?  The altar is either where the animals get burned in the temple, or it is not an altar.  Do not be trapped by people using words in new ways.
Jesus says to love your enemies.  So now let's apply that:  If you have a daughter and she is tricked by a man into thinking she is in love and a union occurs and she concieves, he abandons her, she is depressed and kills herself.  According to 1Cor 13, Love is patient, love is kind, it does not dishonor others, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Jesus is calling you to love that man, invite him over, treat him like you want Jesus to treat you. And in the section he says to be Perfect even as your Heavenly Father is perfect. 

There is no room to fail at loving the enemy, even for one minute, if your salvation depends on your obedience to these things.  There is no allowance for failing at anything, either in the Law, or in the expansion of the Law that Jesus is presenting here.  He is illustrating quite effectively, that the path to acceptance by God requires perfection, nothing less.  If you choose to make your obedience to the Law the proof that you are accepted by God, then you must keep the whole law, all the time.

When many people read these sayings of Jesus, they are honest and say, as the disciples said, "Who then can be saved?" to which Jesus replied "With man it is impossible, but with God all things are possible"  ALL THINGS.

In fact that story also includes words of Jesus that clearly lay out the important things for salvation:

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

-------------

Have you sold all you have and given it to the poor?  Jesus said that is the way to be saved?  Was he adding to the law? NO, the law, which he quoted to the man, says you MUST LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.  Do you like your money, your house, your car.  Why do you keep them and not give them to the people you see everyday that are barely surviving?  Because you love yourself more than you love them.  SO here again, Jesus explains the law.  SO keep it.

The disciples are alarmed by this (as is everyone who reads this without hiding behind some phony teacher that covers this meaning by spiritualizing it).  The disciples ask Who can be saved via this method?

NO ONE - 26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Does all this mean that it is OK to break the law?  No, as Jesus said, the law remains.  But MY salvation does not depend on obedience.  MY salvation depends on the FINISHED work of Jesus on the cross - see Galations, Romans, etc, and completely understand them.  Where sin abounds grace abounds.  Why is it no one can ever teach that passage without immediately refering to the next verse?  Because of modern day Pharisees that will immediately attack saying "You are saying that it is OK to sin"  NO, I am not saying that, and the Apostle Paul did not say that.  He said that the Grace of God covers all sin. Simple logic is present in that clear and concise statement: whenever sin increases, grace increases.  When you fail to love your neighbor as yourself, God's grace has covered you.  You are NOT going to hell because of that.  Does that mean that it is OK to not love your neighbor as yourself?  NO that is not ok, Go and sin no more. 

And here is where the Pharisees really jump in:  "your salvation is dependent on repentence", "repentence is not real unless your life changes after saying you are sorry. ", "Habitual sin proves that a person is not saved".

Someday I'll post something explaining that mistaken logic path, which is among the more destructive teachings.  Many have killed themselves over this (either physically or spiritually), having reached the place of despair that Salvation by Law must lead to for those that honestly pursue it, and having been prevented from believing that "Where sin abounds, grace abounds".

Jesus illustrated plainly to the Pharisees and all those under their influence, then and now.  The Law must be kept perfectly or it will destroy you. 

Then he went and associated with the local prostitutes.  He did not partake in their sin, but he loved them.  He did not wait for them to show up at his religious building. Go and do likewise.

Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world.

Salvation is by believing God, which is very difficult.  It is really hard for people to believe in the forgiveness of God - the Way is narrow, few will enter.  Try it.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

I have been posting that same message here for many months....unfortunately to the same deaf ears .....hope and pray that a Newbie will have “eyes to see” the Truths that you have written , because the stiff- necked in here are never going to learn the point of the story about Cain and Abel......God aint interested in your works . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Christ Jesus came not to abolish Gods Law but to fulfill it and brake the curse from it to those who believe in Him and believe that He came to brake the power of sin over mankind , if only he draw near to Him and keep and ongoing living faithful relationship with Him and not only listen to His Word but choose to follow Him and his Word as well. Examining our conscience and asking God to forgive our sins and help us overcome them is part of walking in Christ Jesus. It is written in His Word: Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us. Matthew 6:9-13   Do we really love Christ Jesus?  if we do, we seek to get closer and closer to Him and His Word, and build a relationship with Him, not just being hearers of His Word but following His example , thus becoming Doers of His Word . When we do, yes He cleans us up and His promises come alive in our lives.

----

In Matthew 19:16, Jesus was asked what must be done to inherit eternal life. His answer: “If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments” (Matthew 19:17). Jesus then listed several, including enough of the Ten Commandments to make clear which commandments He meant: “ ‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself’ ” (Matthew 19:18-19).

Today some people will tell you that keeping the commandments was fulfilled by Christ and obeying God’s law is therefore no longer required. But notice what Jesus Himself had to say about this idea: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).

Some try to deny His plain, simple statement by interpreting the verse to mean the law was not abolished until Jesus came and fulfilled it. They then interpret “fulfill” as “bringing to an end,” “superseding” or some other synonym for “abolishing.” In essence they have Jesus saying, “I did not come to abolish the law, but to abolish it.”

Jesus, on the other hand, said heaven and earth would disappear before the smallest part of the law would do so (Matthew 5:18). He said the law would continue until everything is accomplished. Because the fulfillment of many biblical prophecies of Christ’s second coming is yet to occur (the prophecies have not yet been accomplished), we know the law has not ceased to exist.

The truth of the matter is that Jesus was speaking to people who believed in keeping all of the Ten Commandments. He reaffirmed the necessity for all who come to Him to do likewise. In Matthew chapters 5-7 Jesus explained how God intended for the Ten Commandments to be kept. By giving this explanation and exemplifying it in His life, He was fulfilling a prophecy about Himself from Isaiah 42:21: “The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he will magnify the law and make it honorable” (King James Version).

The word fulfill in Matthew 5:17 means “fill up,” “make full,” “fill to the full” or “complete.” Jesus came to magnify, or fill completely full, the meaning of God’s law. Jesus’ teaching that a man who lusts after a woman has already committed adultery in his mind represented Jesus’ magnification of all of the Ten Commandments. He explained the full meaning—the spiritual intent—of the commandments. He showed that He expects more than just a legalistic, letter-of-the-law approach; He also expects a submissive, yielded mind focused on love for God and love for our fellow man.

Jesus further clarifies: “Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19).

Clearly, fulfill does not mean “abolish”!

Another common misunderstanding is that the New Testament Church came to believe that it is not necessary to follow Christ’s example of obeying the law. But His apostles, who were personally taught by Him, certainly did not agree with this idea.

The apostle John said: “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, ‘I know Him,’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked” (1 John 2:3-6).

Even the apostle Paul, who is most often cited by those attempting to do away with God’s law, himself refuted this erroneous idea, saying, “Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1). Far from condemning the law, Paul said, “The law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good” (Romans 7:12) and, “I delight in the law of God” (Romans 7:22). Indeed, he said that “keeping the commandments of God is what matters” (1 Corinthians 7:19).

We must avoid reading our own ideas into the Bible. Quoting from the prophet Isaiah, our Savior warned against trusting our own ideas instead of the laws of God: “ ‘This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men … All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition” (Mark 7:6-9).

We, too, must be sure we follow Christ’s example instead of our own ideas!

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/the-road-to-eternal-life/jesus-and-his-apostles-affirm-the-need-to-obey-gods-commandments

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Christ Jesus came not to abolish Gods Law but to fulfill it and brake the curse from it to those who believe in Him and believe that He came to brake the power of sin over mankind , if only he draw near to Him and keep and ongoing living faithful relationship with Him and not only listen to His Word but choose to follow Him and his Word as well. Examining our conscience and asking God to forgive our sins and help us overcome them is part of walking in Christ Jesus. It is written in His Word: Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us. Matthew 6:9-13   Do we really love Christ Jesus?  if we do, we seek to get closer and closer to Him and His Word, and build a relationship with Him, not just being hearers of His Word but following His example , thus becoming Doers of His Word . When we do, yes He cleans us up and His promises come alive in our lives.

----

In Matthew 19:16, Jesus was asked what must be done to inherit eternal life. His answer: “If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments” (Matthew 19:17). Jesus then listed several, including enough of the Ten Commandments to make clear which commandments He meant: “ ‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself’ ” (Matthew 19:18-19).

Today some people will tell you that keeping the commandments was fulfilled by Christ and obeying God’s law is therefore no longer required. But notice what Jesus Himself had to say about this idea: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).

Some try to deny His plain, simple statement by interpreting the verse to mean the law was not abolished until Jesus came and fulfilled it. They then interpret “fulfill” as “bringing to an end,” “superseding” or some other synonym for “abolishing.” In essence they have Jesus saying, “I did not come to abolish the law, but to abolish it.”

Jesus, on the other hand, said heaven and earth would disappear before the smallest part of the law would do so (Matthew 5:18). He said the law would continue until everything is accomplished. Because the fulfillment of many biblical prophecies of Christ’s second coming is yet to occur (the prophecies have not yet been accomplished), we know the law has not ceased to exist.

The truth of the matter is that Jesus was speaking to people who believed in keeping all of the Ten Commandments. He reaffirmed the necessity for all who come to Him to do likewise. In Matthew chapters 5-7 Jesus explained how God intended for the Ten Commandments to be kept. By giving this explanation and exemplifying it in His life, He was fulfilling a prophecy about Himself from Isaiah 42:21: “The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he will magnify the law and make it honorable” (King James Version).

The word fulfill in Matthew 5:17 means “fill up,” “make full,” “fill to the full” or “complete.” Jesus came to magnify, or fill completely full, the meaning of God’s law. Jesus’ teaching that a man who lusts after a woman has already committed adultery in his mind represented Jesus’ magnification of all of the Ten Commandments. He explained the full meaning—the spiritual intent—of the commandments. He showed that He expects more than just a legalistic, letter-of-the-law approach; He also expects a submissive, yielded mind focused on love for God and love for our fellow man.

Jesus further clarifies: “Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19).

Clearly, fulfill does not mean “abolish”!

Another common misunderstanding is that the New Testament Church came to believe that it is not necessary to follow Christ’s example of obeying the law. But His apostles, who were personally taught by Him, certainly did not agree with this idea.

The apostle John said: “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, ‘I know Him,’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked” (1 John 2:3-6).

Even the apostle Paul, who is most often cited by those attempting to do away with God’s law, himself refuted this erroneous idea, saying, “Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1). Far from condemning the law, Paul said, “The law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good” (Romans 7:12) and, “I delight in the law of God” (Romans 7:22). Indeed, he said that “keeping the commandments of God is what matters” (1 Corinthians 7:19).

We must avoid reading our own ideas into the Bible. Quoting from the prophet Isaiah, our Savior warned against trusting our own ideas instead of the laws of God: “ ‘This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men … All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition” (Mark 7:6-9).

We, too, must be sure we follow Christ’s example instead of our own ideas!

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/the-road-to-eternal-life/jesus-and-his-apostles-affirm-the-need-to-obey-gods-commandments

How can it be any plainer? “But now God has shown His Righteousness, theLaw and the prophets tell about it, but it is WITHOUT THE LAW.God’s Righteousness comes to all that believe, just by their believing in Jesus Christ”..........Rom3 :21

“What the LAW could NOT do,God has done by sacrificing His Son”

“ Christ is the END of the Law for all those that Believe”

There’s tons more of this stuff....have you ever read Romans? For some ,it’s like Paul must have written his Epistles in disappearing ink.How could anybody just read the three examples I quoted and still continue to be claiming the Law is the way to Salvation. You and Paul ( the mouthpiece for Jesus after He returned to Heaven) are teaching two opposite things.A child could see it. With all due respect—- Why on earth can’t you?

Btw.....please do not say that we must take the Words of Jesus over the Words Of Paul.All Scripture was inspired by the Holy Spirit.....If Paul said it- Jesus said it!If these two appear to be at loggerheads, they are not.Its just that something happened between the Words Of Jesus and the Words Of Paul. It was called “The Cross” and it , plus the Mysteries revealed through Paul that nobody ever knew about changed everything! Basically , the “ weak” Law that could not save anybody was replaced by the Gospel Of Paul, given to him by Jesus.The Gospel Of Grace obliterated the Law and it is useless as far as using it for Salvation.It is now there for two purposes.....to get you to shut up about a law you were never intended to keep, and turn to God ( repentance) with faith in Jesus Christ.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have been posting that same message here for many months....unfortunately to the same deaf ears .....hope and pray that a Newbie will have “eyes to see” the Truths that you have written , because the stiff- necked in here are never going to learn the point of the story about Cain and Abel......God aint interested in your works . 

Keep posting gentle carefully composed and deeply researched truth.