• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 9/12/2019 at 5:58 AM, BeauJangles said:

I must have missed these particular passages of scriptures. Could you post them for our benefit? 

We were never requested of the Lord to carry protest signs and rail against determined women at abortion clinics. Nor are we asked to gather massively to rant at Gay Pride parades.

2 hours ago, Exegesis said:

You must have.  Try reading 1 Corinthians chapter 6.

Oh, I see. So, they were posted after all. Could you bring them up from where they were given here in this thread? I would spend the time to comb through ten pages, but you see, I've been up since 1:30 am and exhausted beyond my means. Thanks, much appreciated. :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

As in all controversial topics (and this one has been controversial for thousands of years) a breadth of wisdom is required.

As others have done here, let's look again at Psalm chapter 12:

the godly one is gone;

faithful have vanished

Everyone utters lies to his neighbor;

flattering lips and a double heart they speak.

Because the poor are plundered, because the needy groan,
I will now arise,” says the LORD;

“I will place him in the safety for which he longs.”

You, O LORD, will keep them;
you will guard us from this generation forever.
  On every side the wicked prowl,
as vileness is exalted among the children of man.

A wise man Jordon Peterson advises us:

"You Can't Fix Other People, But You Can Fix Yourself"

While we know that God condemns sexual misconduct in all its forms, we really only have control over ourselves.  If we personally have overcome sexual sin, then we CAN INDEED judge others for what God tells us is right, just and true in His sight.  Knowing what is right, we TEACH the scripture in context that no one be deceived.  There is a great deal of scriptural context for sexual sin but this is not one of them.  Rather, as Jesus and James have made us well aware, the TONGUE is the most wicked object in the universe.  Psalm 12 says what God has in His mind and His promise to keep those who LONG FOR SAFETY from a generation of lawless tongues have a Guardian.

My personal belief is God in the entirety of this specific verse informs us precisely what he is commanding as "vile" right here in this moment, in this context and we should focus on agreeing with God that HE is our refuge and strength, our savior, and our judge.

-Pv-