Kristin

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

What are our blessings?  Are we grateful?  I’m grateful for my family. I don’t like my mother tho. 

I’m bringing this up because I have serious problems with my mother. I am not young. I had a dream of my mother floating down the river of fire and I didn’t care!  I need help. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I am grateful for His mercy and grace, that He loves us enough to redeem us. 

I am grateful for His presence throughout the past 14 months as well as all my life. 

I am grateful for all He has done for me. 

I am grateful that He is.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

33 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I’m bringing this up because I have serious problems with my mother. I am not young. I had a dream of my mother floating down the river of fire and I didn’t care!  I need help. 

Ask God to soften your hard heart. You sound like you need to forgive her.

You might also consider getting some Christian counseling if you struggle so much that you cant stand her.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

I am grateful for His mercy and grace, that He loves us enough to redeem us. 

I am grateful for His presence throughout the past 14 months as well as all my life. 

I am grateful for all He has done for me. 

I am grateful that He is.

Thank you. I want to be grateful!

It’s painful to hate someone you should love i need help!

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

I am gratful for:  Christ giving his life so that I could be saved. 

I am graful for:  Him being there for me even though life hurt.

I am gratful for: Christ giving me the strength to forgive my father daily even though it hurts. 

I am gratful for: The oppertunity to share Christs love to all people freely without fear. 

I am gratful for: Christ giving me a new perspective on life.   

Kristin, I will be praying for you, for God so soften your heart so that you will be able to forgive your mother. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Christ coming into my life. If such wasn't the case, I'm pretty sure I'd either be in prison or dead. Maybe/probably both. Speaking of death, I'm grateful to be alive; I've made enough mistakes to where I'm glad to have a chance to even just try to make up for them, somehow or another. Happy my life isn't worse, happy to be given a chance to grow and learn... Thankful in general, really.

As for your mom, I guess I don't know the situation. What I will say though is that there is never a perfect parent (except God, of course), much less a perfect person. Must a grudge last forever? Life is too short for such a thing. I can't really give much detail-oriented advise though, beyond that.

Another piece of advice I might offer is that of honest self-evaluation. I once had a coworker call me lazy, who I perceived as rather lazy himself. I have to be honest, I was livid. I wanted to tackle him to the ground and spit the most phlegmy loogie in his face as I could. Pelt him with punches and call him trash. I was shaking and pacing, trying to hold myself back. Even when I got home, it still made my teeth itch. As I laid in my bed though, I wondered, why should he call me lazy? I would take a step back from certain things, and admittedly, I'm not a very quick worker. I also wondered why I should care what he thinks. He was hardly an exemplary person from which I could be offended. If I was a boxer and Mike Tyson said I was a limp-armed princess, my reaction would at least make sense. This was like an old woman saying such a thing, instead. So, regardless of what he thought, I decided to just try and work harder. Try not to step back, put a bit more pep in my step.

He never changed his mind and continued to try and antagonize me. However, the work became easier and even somewhat fun. His opinion meant little.

Edited by Repose
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

It's a good idea to practice being thankful to God for everything in general, even little things and our setbacks and difficulties. I was recently reminded of this when my computer monitor developed a problem that required me to replace it. It was around seven years old and I was wanting to get a new one anyway. I was planning to wait until a bit later in the year but the unexpected breakdown of the old monitor led to me finding an amazing deal. I call that God pointing me to a discount. Other than that I find myself thanking God for my cat fairly often. She makes me smile a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

3 hours ago, Kristin said:

What are our blessings?  Are we grateful?  I’m grateful for my family. I don’t like my mother tho. 

I'm easy. I'm grateful every morning when I can get up and make it to the breakfast table. Starts the day off right and breakfast is indeed a blessing. I know of folks in some parts of the world who for the first meal of the day eat the unborn young of one animal with the belly of another and a little smushed up grass with possibly some roots.