• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

They quoted a state Supreme Court law

Which state? Are there other states that you can publish in? Or anywhere in the world?

Lawyers are an issue and when haSatan contended with God about the boundaries of Hell, he suggested God get a lawyer. God replied that He did not have any in His Domain...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Which state? Are there other states that you can publish in? Or anywhere in the world?

Lawyers are an issue and when haSatan contended with God about the boundaries of Hell, he suggested God get a lawyer. God replied that He did not have any in His Domain...

Only a court can tell someone if they can’t publish something. What’s going on is they did something that would be seen as unethical, unkind or lacking integrity  and they don’t want it mentioned in my book. It could possibly temporarily hurt their image.

Here is an example of what they did(not the actual story but an example):

Let’s say a boy is being abused by a Catholic Priest  and the Priest threatens him and his family not to tell anyone, including the police. The boy  goes to a Protestant Church Pastor  and tells him that he’s being abused and threatened and asks for advice. The Protestant Church pastor records the conversation with the boy, and then tells the boy he can’t help.

The Protestant Church Pastor then contacts the Catholic Priest  that is abusing the boy, and says that he wants to give the Priest  a heads up that a boy came in with accusations against him and looking for help, and then he shares the recordings with the Priest  and tells the Priest to   let him know if there’s anything else he can do to help you with the situation. He then assured the Priest that if the boy comes back looking for help he will “alert” the Priest. 

That’s what they did to me. I went to them for help and they declined to help and then forwarded everything I sent them to the person threatening me.

I filed a complaint with the Bar association (the agency that investigates lawyers for unethical behavior)against the people who forwarded the info to the person threatening me, and the Bar investigated my complaint and sent me the documents they obtained during the investigation.

Those documents included emails between the two lawyers discussing keeping me quiet. The conversations in those documents are what they are trying to keep quiet.

i hope that made sense.

Edited by ReneeIW

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

7 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Those documents included emails between the two lawyers discussing keeping me quiet. The conversations in those documents are what they are trying to keep quiet.

There is an EU 'claims' settlement body of The RCC. Maybe appeal to them since they have been dealing with this in a number of countries and the Vatican reluctantly is a party to these disclosure offices.

Otherwise, make sure you have chapter and verse and are non-competitive or slanderous; and although what you say could be pejorative, if you are sure of the facts make your Polemic public. Let them try to publicly refute you. I doubt they have the will for this since intimidation is their main game. If you go this way, make it VERY public and say it very often. Publish excerpts on free blog pages all over the internet so it cannot be hidden. Blessings.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

There is an EU 'claims' settlement body of The RCC. Maybe appeal to them since they have been dealing with this in a number of countries and the Vatican reluctantly is a party to these disclosure offices.

I’m sorry! This is not about the Vatican or priests. I was using that as an example to show you what happened to me without having to go into specific details. 

I was trying to show that I was harassed and threatened by one person, and when I went to another for help, they ended up helping my harasser. Sorry for confusing  things!

Edited by ReneeIW

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 minute ago, ReneeIW said:

I’m sorry! This is not about the Vatican or priests. I was using that as an example to show you what happened to me without having to go into specific details. 

I was trying to show that I was harassed and threatened by one person, and when I went to another for help, they ended up helping my harasser. Sorry for confusing  things!

No sweat. The second part of my post therefore stands. Just take care with facts and no opinions and post it all over the place. The Lawyers cannot do much about public domain stuff so long as it is not slanderous.

Blessings!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Freedom of speech. They don't have to like it, they just can't stifle it.

Maybe just assert that these are "allegations" and that you wish to advocate for a proper investigation into these said allegations.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

I am sorry.  This sounds like a really difficult situation.  I can understand why you are struggling. 

Thanks. I will be fine, Lord Willing?

Edited by ReneeIW

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

19 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Is it foolish or prideful of me to do something a powerful law firm is warning me not to do? Or is it courageous? Right now I feel it’s my duty to put truth out there and to not  be scared.

As much as it kills me to say it whenever you're trying to decide the validity of something that came from a lawyer you need another lawyer to tell you what they think of their claims or threats. It's a shame but our laws (I assume you're in the US) are so convoluted so as to allow for much legal wrangling on certain issues. Just remember who the lawyers to whom you refer represent and I'll bet it's someone that wouldn't like whatever you have to publish. I don't know if the issue is privacy related, contractual, or a libel/slander type of issue but just find an attorney who will represent your interests (And from what little you say there may possibly be one out there who is a crusader on your particular issue). They will advise you exactly what to expect as a result of your actions. I'm not a big fan of our legal system these days but I'm a realist enough to know the only way to deal with lawyers is to have one of your own who sympathizes with your position and will defend it. (That's just one part of the system I'm not fond of)

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

As much as it kills me to say it whenever you're trying to decide the validity of something that came from a lawyer you need another lawyer to tell you what they think of their claims or threats.

Thanks for the advice. You are correct about lawyers. I have been given lots of legal advice and I know my rights, but anyone can bring a frivolous lawsuit. I was told it is unlikely with this firm because they have a reputation to protect. 

My only concern was that I was letting my pride and passion for social justice cloud my judgement to the point where I would become caught up  in an unnecessary lawsuit.  Unnecessary because I don’t need to put them in the book, I just want to.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

44 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I was told it is unlikely with this firm because they have a reputation to protect. 

My only concern was that I was letting my pride and passion for social justice cloud my judgement to the point where I would become caught up  in an unnecessary lawsuit.  Unnecessary because I don’t need to put them in the book, I just want to.

Now you've put a whole different perspective on the entire discussion. You are correct that prestigious law firms don't file frivolous lawsuits. That's how they become prestigious in the first place and why I took it serious and didn't even mention that possibility. But you added "the book" to the mix. Now if I assume that this is a for profit book that you intend to have published commercially you so must remember two things. First is that if there are libel or slander issues involved, while they may exist to a small degree just shopping the manuscript to publishers, they may wait til actual publication before taking action as now you have the profit motive in play. Second, legitimate prestigious publishers will assess legal ramifications before publishing anything that's even questionable. (they have a reputation to uphold, too) Now the smaller independents and "Vanity" publishers are a different animal all together and I urge any Christian (or anyone else for that matter) to shy away from the "Vanity Publishers" at all costs and use that money instead for something more productive (watching it burn as you start a fire would be more productive although I don't recommend that either). Again since I don't know the subject I will only say if you have an attorney who is well versed in the legal issues that may exist and knows enough about the subject matter to make that call then take their advice and NOT MINE as I can only speak in general and from my own limited knowledge. (I'm no attorney for sure)

Edited by unworthyservant
grammer faux pas