• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, BFOJ said:

I wrote this message a couple of days ago. I take it if you're reading this, you were left behind.  Think about this.  You're a parent of one or more young children, perhaps a baby, perhaps a toddler.  You're not a Christian or you thought you were.  Here today you are shocked, crying, feeling so hopeless because your children are no longer here.  They were raptured yesterday.  You scream out their names, you run from room to room looking for them but they are not to be found.  OMG, why have you forsaken me? I went to church, I went to the altar, the Deacon prayed over me, the Pastor told me I was a Child of God, so why am I still here?  I tithed, I was in the choir, I never missed a morning in Sunday School, why, oh why Lord am I still here?  Crickets.  Don't let this be you.

Pointless scaremongering.

We can not point and say that that person is or is not a Christian.

This is really the only time when the often repeated verses about not, about not making judgements applies.

Are you ready for your standard of judgement to be applied to you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

What is the minimum number of times for something to be in the Bible before it can be considered to be true?

No scripture is of any private interpretation. You need at least 2 or 3 witnesses. Thats why you need to compare scripture with scripture. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, BFOJ said:

I wrote this message a couple of days ago. I take it if you're reading this, you were left behind.  Think about this.  You're a parent of one or more young children, perhaps a baby, perhaps a toddler.  You're not a Christian or you thought you were.  Here today you are shocked, crying, feeling so hopeless because your children are no longer here.  They were raptured yesterday.  You scream out their names, you run from room to room looking for them but they are not to be found.  OMG, why have you forsaken me? I went to church, I went to the altar, the Deacon prayed over me, the Pastor told me I was a Child of God, so why am I still here?  I tithed, I was in the choir, I never missed a morning in Sunday School, why, oh why Lord am I still here?  Crickets.  Don't let this be you.

Along the same lines. Many to most of us have family, loved ones and friends that are lost and have not accepted Jesus as their own personal Savior. I'm old, but I firmly believe this is the terminal generation that will witness the return of our Lord. 

I have given much thought about this. Included in my will, I have a personal letter addressed to each of my loved ones; addressing my confidence, faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, my destiny, and theirs if the die without the Lord. But what if the Rapture occurs and they are at a loss to figure out what has happened, and accept a lie on what happened to me and millions of others suddenly? 

I ran across the following that I thought was an excellent idea and ordered one for $30.00. I am in no way associated with them nor receive anything from them. I will be attaching it to my will and last testament. If you're interested; information can be found at "rapturekit dot org".

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/21/1950

1 hour ago, Worship Warriors said:

No scripture is of any private interpretation. You need at least 2 or 3 witnesses. Thats why you need to compare scripture with scripture. 

I understand what you're saying, but is it private interpretation when millions have found scripture that is supported by scripture on the matter of the Rapture? 

http://www.absolutebiblestudy.com/Study/PRIVATE_INTERPRETATION.htm

9 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

I agree with what you say will happen with the children, ...that the mother won't find her young children no matter where she searches, ...however, might I add to your story, ...what she will find is their blood drenched clothes:

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  1 Cor 15:50

Which will probably drive her crazy to the point of a mental melt down.

Lord bless

I'm not clear on why the clothes would be blood drenched.  Are you suggesting that the body (which is flesh) will be raptured, but the blood contained within the body will not be?  If this is what you're suggesting how does this fall in line with the scripture you quote?

3 hours ago, Who me said:

Pointless scaremongering.

We can not point and say that that person is or is not a Christian.

This is really the only time when the often repeated verses about not, about not making judgements applies.

Are you ready for your standard of judgement to be applied to you?

Scaremongering is the spreading of frightening or ominous reports or rumors.  The Bible is not a report or a rumor, I based my scenario on what millions of us believe is supported by scripture.

It is not ours to point and say that that person is or is not a Christian, that is God alone to know.  I was generally speaking of those left behind, I was not judging them specifically.  There are many scriptures that support we are to judge or not judge but it must be done in the context of scripture.  I am not to judge people by my standard but by the Word of God.  So, yes I am ready to be judged by those standards.

Edited by BFOJ
additional information

13 hours ago, createdequal said:

There is no Rapture

Rapture people would have us believe there are 3 times that Jesus comes to Earth

the first time

the Rapture

and then at the end of the world

that is not biblical. And that is not even the only reason I say there is no Rapture.

The below article addresses the second statement you posted.  We "rapture people" believe He only comes to the Earth 2 times.  By the way, mocking us by referring to us as "rapture people" is very disrespectful and not befitting a Christian.

https://www.gotquestions.org/difference-Rapture-Second-Coming.html

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

12 hours ago, createdequal said:

I would have to check this out in my own Bible, the version I trust most. Yes, I have read something like this before. But I don't make a whole belief-system out of one passage in the Bible. As you may know Catholics do not go by Scripture alone. TRADITION came before the Bible. The Bible as we know it did not exist until 1440 when the printing press was invented and even then, very few could afford one. What was going on in Christianity before the 15th century? nothing? because no one had his/her own personal Bible?

I know you don't believe that.. that nothing was going on.

Before then we had the CHURCH

The Churches all had Bibles

they were so expensive, they had to be tied to the pulpit or some other way had to be made to safe guard them. And the people heard the Word every day. The Catholic Church is the only one i know of that has Mass every day (not on Monday in most parishes, to give the priest a break).

Did Jesus actually trust those priests to give the parishioners the truth about Jesus?

well, Jesus said that He would build His Church and the gates of Hell would not prevail against it. Luther did not prevail... Zwingli and Calvin did not prevail. The Catholic Church remains because Jesus promised it would

as I said elsewhere

when some worldly leader threatened a pope (I think this was centuries ago) to destroy the Catholic Church, the pope told him "If the Catholics have not destroyed it, neither will you"  

You wrote "As you may know Catholics do not go by Scripture alone", this is also what Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses believe about their religion.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Brother, I'm certain you know this, ...when the Church, ...as an organism, ...the Body of Christ is raptured, it will be snatched away, removed from the Planet:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  1 Thess 4:17

There is still something left to be finished in our Salvation and that is the changing of our mortal bodies into immortal bodies, ...like Christ's.

Today we have a blood drive system of life, at the same time we also are new creations in Christ with the Holy Spirit living inside of us, the purpose of the Holy Spirit living inside of us is to energize us, to sanctify us, to enable us to overcome temptations, to conform us into the image of Jesus Christ, ...in Heaven our Sanctification is complete, there will no longer be any temptations, however, ...the Holy Spirit is still inside of us living His life through us, ...certainly there can't be any sin tainted blood in Heaven, if there were it would no longer be Heaven, when considering what the Holy Spirit tells us:

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.   For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Cor 15:50-53

...so since we read that blood can not exist in Heaven and these corruptible and mortal bodies must become incorruptible and immortal, ...the question must be asked, ...what happens to our blood, was it left behind when our bodies were changed?

Like I said before, I'm just using Scripture to logically hypothesize along with you, ...there's no point in arguing over the future, ...we'll know when we are there.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1