johnthebaptist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

If they are praised by the World, and Billy held the title of the most admired man for many years, that could mean that something is amiss.....Billy Graham knew that and it troubled Him....I heard him talk about it once on the tube....many think that Graham taught a false gospel , saying he had “ a zeal for God , but without knowledge”......I am not sure....what does everybody else think?

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,326
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

14 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If they are praised by the World, and Billy held the title of the most admired man for many years, that could mean that something is amiss.....Billy Graham knew that and it troubled Him....I heard him talk about it once on the tube....many think that Graham taught a false gospel , saying he had “ a zeal for God , but without knowledge”......I am not sure....what does everybody else think?

I think we need to be very careful about criticizing any pastor preaching the blood of Christ for salvation.   God is not pleased with that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

A bigger concern could be exalting any man above criticism.......many preachers out there talk about the Blood......How many preach Nothing “ B U T” the Blood? Had Mr.Graham taught that message, he May have been on to something, because the World  HATES that message—- as does most of those who think they are Believers.A visit to the Graham Website indicates they emphasize Turning   “FROM” sin as opposed to turning  “TO” God for Salvation.I believe the latter.

repentance means changing your mind, it’s certainly possible that one can repent by turning from sin and there are plenty of people in the Bible who did so. But that’s only one kind of repentance and it is not the kind that leads to salvation. In the New Testament, repentance typically means turning to God.

I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. (Act 20:21)

Turning from versus turning to may seem like splitting hairs, but it’s the difference between life and death! Someone who turns to God automatically turns from sin and from their dead religious works, but someone who turns from sin does not automatically turn to God. This is why it is misleading and dangerous to preach repentance as “turning from sin.” Paul never did. “I preached that they should repent and turn to God” (Act 26:20). As usual, Paul took his lead from Jesus:

I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Luk 5:32)

Again, the religious mind interprets this as a call to turn from sin but turning from sin doesn’t make you righteous. An unbeliever who turns from sin remains an unbeliever. Consider the Pharisees. They ran away anytime sin appeared. If anyone knew how to turn from sin they did yet Jesus called them sons of hell (Mt 23:15). Turning from sin will make you a moral person, but it won’t make you righteous. Righteousness comes to us through faith in Christ alone.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I wouldn't fault Billy Graham for his work.

You were not his wife or kids. If you read his autobiography, he talks about his biggest regret is not being their for his family . They rarely ever saw him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Yes, stick to the Truth. In the end we will all stand before The Great I Am. What a humbling and a reverentially fearful thought.

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A bigger concern could be exalting any man above criticism

I agree. That is very dangerous. Only God is good.

It’s also not good to have Christianity’s reputation tied up in one man that Christians have exalted and made their earthly leader.  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

16 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

You were not his wife or kids. If you read his autobiography, he talks about his biggest regret is not being their for his family . They rarely ever saw him.

Maybe his wife and kids enjoyed having him as their husband and father, even if they didn't see as much of him as they would have liked. Remember the prophets in the Old Testament? Was it wrong for them to be prophets?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Maybe his wife and kids enjoyed having him as their husband and father, even if they didn't see as much of him as they would have liked. Remember the prophets in the Old Testament? Was it wrong for them to be prophets?

No they didn't. They complained and wanted him home. He told them that soldiers in the military are gone from home for long stretches of time as well. When she married him, she had no idea he was going to be gone. And the kids just wanted their father.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

19 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

So here is the thing about great religious leaders: Some gain their fame by telling people the truth. Others gain their fame by telling people what they want to hear. One must be careful what he allows himself to believe.

That is true. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

11 minutes ago, Cletus said:

but to treat them as your very own earthly father.  give to them anything they need whether it be a task or fellowship or a need.  withhold no good thing from them.

I don’t think so.