• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I guess the writer of Hebrews ( the Holy Spirit) didn’t know what he was talking about either, seeing as to how it was a “ lone verse”. Heaven forbid!    Here’s your location...Christianity 101 and you guys are always shocked that such basic verses even exist.....Hebrews 7:25

Ruckman had more Bible knowledge , and more important- Understanding, in His little finger than 99.9% of the population have in their whole bodies.

Now that you know the precious location of the verse, try to come up with an explanation that isn’t so lame.

It was a passage.  Hebrews 10:26-32.  I am not the least bit impressed with Ruckman.  You have yet to come up with an explanation for the passage I gave that wasn't lame.  Same thing goes for 1 Corinthians 6:9,10

2 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

It was a passage.  Hebrews 10:26-32.  I am not the least bit impressed with Ruckman.  You have yet to come up with an explanation for the passage I gave that wasn't lame.  Same thing goes for 1 Corinthians 6:9,10

Of course He is able to do anything.  He could have saved Judas Iscariot to the uttermost had He chosen to.  This is no guarantee of unconditional security!

15 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I guess the writer of Hebrews ( the Holy Spirit) didn’t know what he was talking about either, seeing as to how it was a “ lone verse”. Heaven forbid!    Here’s your location...Christianity 101 and you guys are always shocked that such basic verses even exist.....Hebrews 7:25

Ruckman had more Bible knowledge , and more important- Understanding, in His little finger than 99.9% of the population have in their whole bodies.

Now that you know the precious location of the verse, try to come up with an explanation that isn’t so lame.

I would be more impressed with Ruckman if he will name the approximately 400 verses he claims prove unconditional security.  He said approximately, so if he can number say 389, that is acceptable.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I am suggesting everyone simply quit starting threads on it.  There must be a dozen, and stop turning every thread into OSAS. 

Well said,

but better is,

well done!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

30 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Of course He is able to do anything.  He could have saved Judas Iscariot to the uttermost had He chosen to.  This is no guarantee of unconditional security!

Try reading Hebrews 10 in context, FF. He addresses the willful sin from vs 1.

Heb 10:1  The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

The whole dilemma is disregarding Christ’s Holy sacrifice and seeking another way to God after having full knowledge that Christ us the only sacrifice that can take away sin.

Heb 10:2  Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins.

Heb 10:3  But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins.

Heb 10:4  It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

They had people literally returning to animal sacrifices in light of knowing Christ is the only sacrifice.

Heb 10:11  Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

Heb 10:14  For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Heb 10:17  Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."

Heb 10:18  And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Outside of Christ is no other sacrifice for sin. To seek other sacrifices is to willfully sin and you will never please God with any other sacrifice.

Heb 10:26  If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

Sure it is ....Believing the promises of God is Faith and you do not believe God’s Promise to “ save to the uttermost, all that com to Him  with Faith in Jesus as He is always there to make intercession for us”....plain as can be......Judas never had any Faith and that is why he is Hell tonight.....He never would have betrayed Jesus had he believed that Jesus was who He said He was— God in the Flesh and the Savior Of The World....

God can’t do “ anything”...... he can’t lie.....Judas was not a Believer and he knocked himself out of the Promise.....God would have to break His Promise in order to save   Judas .It could never happen.You are just dodging explaining my Hebrews verse because you can’t answer it.The verses you want me to explain to you , I have explained several times. I will explain them again AFTER you explain Heb.7 ( saving to the UTTERMOST )...... there just ain’t no getting around it .You can’t defend your view— I can get around any verse you post, as I have been doing  for quite some time.Others see it even though you are blind.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

A QUESTION to all those who say we have to keep the 10 commandments.

We read that the Lord told the people of Israel -

`You have heard that it was said to those of old, "You shall not murder," and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment. BUT I SAY TO YOU that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment......` (Matt. 5: 21 & 22)

Jesus spoke of other commandments and then goes on to say,` BUT I SAY TO YOU....` where He is referring to the heart motivation.

So my question to those who desire to keep the law, "How do you address your heart motivation? "

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, saved34 said:

Try reading Hebrews 10 in context, FF. He addresses the willful sin from vs 1.

Heb 10:1  The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

The whole dilemma is disregarding Christ’s Holy sacrifice and seeking another way to God after having full knowledge that Christ us the only sacrifice that can take away sin.

Heb 10:2  Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins.

Heb 10:3  But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins.

Heb 10:4  It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

They had people literally returning to animal sacrifices in light of knowing Christ is the only sacrifice.

Heb 10:11  Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

Heb 10:14  For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Heb 10:17  Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."

Heb 10:18  And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Outside of Christ is no other sacrifice for sin. To seek other sacrifices is to willfully sin and you will never please God with any other sacrifice.

Heb 10:26  If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

You need to read it again.  These are people that had been cleansed.  They were saved, but went back into willful sin.  But see, this is an example of where I provided scripture showing OSAS is not true and you found a way to disagree with the plain meaning.  

• Oy Vey! 1

2 hours ago, nzkev said:

Firm Bro you put me in the OSAS box yesterday when I never mention it, I actually did a quick search on OSAS and worthy Christian forums came up first. Hope you are not a main contributor to that! :)  My point is careful not to Get hung up on OSAS or one person you think is promoting it and look deeper into scriptures we might all learn something, And one day you might believe it as well :)

If you aren't a promoter of OSAS, you fooled me.  Still, if you are not, that is great.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

A QUESTION to all those who say we have to keep the 10 commandments.

We read that the Lord told the people of Israel -

`You have heard that it was said to those of old, "You shall not murder," and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment. BUT I SAY TO YOU that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment......` (Matt. 5: 21 & 22)

Jesus spoke of other commandments and then goes on to say,` BUT I SAY TO YOU....` where He is referring to the heart motivation.

So my question to those who desire to keep the law, "How do you address your heart motivation? "

Marilyn.

(I posted this again so it would not be lost in OSAS debate.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1