• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Polly89 said:

Hello.

If someone made a mistake and had a child with a married man who’s also a muslim. Is it advisable as Christian to ask for child support?

To ask a man to support his child? I'm not sure we need to ask for "more details".

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

14 hours ago, Polly89 said:

Hello.

If someone made a mistake and had a child with a married man who’s also a muslim. Is it advisable as Christian to ask for child support?

Yes. He is just as responsible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Yes. He is just as responsible.

I think the males of our population regardless of where they are in this world need to "man-up" on responsibilities. There's no excuse for carelessness if wanting to sow some wild oats. If a living legacy isn't wanted, plan ahead or keep it under control. That pretty much explains everything. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,327
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

19 hours ago, Repose said:

Others have stated good answers here.

I just feel like putting in a side note. If he is still able to be contacted, it might be best to try and maintain a fair communication. This is the child's father. Even in another country, your child will get old enough and be curious about who their dad is. The dad may even wish to keep in contact for the sake of their child.

My brother had a son with an ex of his. She eventually got tired of him and, child in hand, ran off. We have tried tracking her down since, as we bear her no ill will, and wish only to see him, but with no such luck. My parents have a grandson they haven't seen in years. I have a nephew who I might never know. My brother has a son who might not even know that my brother exists. Even in keeping herself and her son hidden, she takes child support from my brother. He's paying for a child he can't see or even speak to.

Basically, if your child's dad or family wishes to keep in contact, please don't deny them unless it's necessary. For the child, it's nice to know where you come from.

The only problem is the father is a Muslim.   Usually that means the child must be raised as a Muslim.   However, since the father doesn't seem interested in supporting his child, perhaps he wouldn't insist on the child being a Muslim.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/8/2019 at 7:46 AM, Polly89 said:

Hello.

Mistakes are mistakes and there are consequences on them. I would say yes, the child should have support of both parents. I know of this mixed Somali, and Nigerian girl that has a Muslim dad and a christian mum. There isnt much direction in her life but it does seem that both her parents love her and each other.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/7/2019 at 11:46 PM, Polly89 said:

Hello.

Yes, a person owes you child support. It does matter if the person is a Muslim.