nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

u know one of the groups of people that Jesus had problems with were not just the pharisees or sadducees but also the physicians at the time.  the problem was that what they were doing and their treatments didn't work.  their are a couple of occasions where people saw them or were getting treatment that failed and only Jesus could heal them.  now it never records any confrontations between Jesus and the physicians and perhaps there weren't any but its obvious in most cases only Jesus could heal the people of Israel. 

• nobleseed changed the title to bad physicians

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

There was the woman that had an issue of blood for many years and couldn't be healed by the physicians of those times. It's a pretty neat passage of scriptures. The accounts are in Matthew and also Luke.  

Matthew 9:20-22 20And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: 21For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. 22But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.  KJV

Luke 8:43-48 43And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, 44Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. 45And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 46And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. 47And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. 48And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.  KJV

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, nobleseed said:

u know one of the groups of people that Jesus had problems with were not just the pharisees or sadducees but also the physicians at the time.  the problem was that what they were doing and their treatments didn't work.  their are a couple of occasions where people saw them or were getting treatment that failed and only Jesus could heal them.  now it never records any confrontations between Jesus and the physicians and perhaps there weren't any but its obvious in most cases only Jesus could heal the people of Israel. 

I am sorry I have missed how this has made physicians bad.

Wasn't a physician the God inspired writer of about one fourth of the new testament; which is perhaps a lengthy prescription of much healing instruction and beneficial guidance and command? ???

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I am sorry I have missed how this has made physicians bad.

Wasn't a physician the God inspired writer of about one fourth of the new testament; which is perhaps a lengthy prescription of much healing instruction and beneficial guidance and command? ???

i am not saying all physicians were but their methods were questionable and often didn't work.  doctoring was still in its infancy and there is much they didn't know

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

There are some physicians who are competent and some that are not. A person needs to do research and know who they are trusting their body to. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/9/2019 at 7:53 AM, nobleseed said:

Hi,

Wasn't Jesus the physician being rejected at the time? Isn't "Physician heal yourself"  a rejection of the enlightenment from God the Son to man about man's spiritual condition?  When Jesus spoke at the synagogue read from the scripture scroll then rolled it up, what was he saying to even us for today if not that  man's focus is wrongly placed.  For man ( some ) will marvel at the healings of flesh that is still corruptible yet  not prepare for that which is eternal.

In order to get attention of at least some men God did healings of flesh, but that flesh was still temporal and would still die save but one or two out of all. The healing, the miracle of importance is not that of flesh, but that God alone restores the spirit the soul to a place and to a state that is fully acceptable in the presence of God.

God has done that, by God alone. Therein is the healing, there is the miracle,  the love in the doing, the mercy and the grace, of God alone. Trouble is not with the doctor of flesh, trouble is rejection  by man of God's love grace and mercy, then as it is now. Yet God has saved out many from the just result of His wrath at man's rejection of man's own creator.

Doctors then and now are not problems. Rejection of the physician for the soul is.

I suspect Jesus deliberately selected among his apostles Luke a physician for the purpose of comparison of physical needs and desire  to that which is  the eternal need for well being, as well as to alert that the sickness of spirit is what ails to eternal suffering. All need the same healing, the restoration the reconciliation that is in Jesus  alone, his blood shed at the cross that many might be covered washed clean made perfect in the sight  of God and thus acceptable to him for His company and for worship of him.

Anyway, concentrating on miracles for the flesh is interesting I suppose- but only as testimony of the power from the healer of the soul to provide eternal security of the spiritual body and the eternal soul Our Lord and savior Jesus the Christ.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, nobleseed said:

i am not saying all physicians were but their methods were questionable and often didn't work.  doctoring was still in its infancy and there is much they didn't know

Luke was a physician.  They worked within the knowledge they had.