IGNORED

what if you have had hurtful chrstian counsel?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

the bible says straighforward enough about not walking in the counsel of the ungodly.

i was convicted of that....only to fail at it recently because a few christians that i thought should be there for me the most failed me

i feel like this non christian friend validated my experience more 

i do worry and feel crazy that maybe this person in leadership is right and think people really are out to get me. it seems like its a 5 to one ratio than 5 to ten if you get me.

but is it a sin if you have a non christian validate your facts and not define your reality?

thank you. its important for me to be a light and testimony

but i feel more comfort if someone doesnt tell me things that i just think people are out to get me. or im wrong about some thing i perceive.

and then i wonder since they ere christian maybe they are right?

today was a day of self condemnation very bad warfare. but im glad i can go to a place to ask about this :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

40 minutes ago, preciouspearl said:

the bible says straighforward enough about not walking in the counsel of the ungodly.

i was convicted of that....only to fail at it recently because a few christians that i thought should be there for me the most failed me

Sounds similar to a peer oriented Christian self-help group, and when it came right to it, failed me miserably. Just devastating! Hard to pull out of as well, but it had to be done to continue on my walk. Looking back on the nucleus of those in leadership, there were problems that hadn't taken proper perspective enough to notice directly. It was a hurtful experience I never forgot, but did forgive.  

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Sounds similar to a peer oriented Christian self-help group, and when it came right to it, failed me miserably. Just devastating! Hard to pull out of as well, but it had to be done to continue on my walk. Looking back on the nucleus of those in leadership, there were problems that hadn't taken proper perspective enough to notice directly. It was a hurtful experience I never forgot, but did forgive.  

Yeah it hurts. I am trying to forgive by seeing their  perspective. A black and white or all or nothing view. I was disappointed  because  it was specifically  a place to help people. First meant for just drugs then opened up for depression and people  escaping  abuse. 

It is like they didn't want to invest in me . It's like they chose to remain ignorant  and define my reality. They would have loved if I was wrong and then I hear a voice in my head that maybe I am and just crazy then 

• Praying! 1

If anything being there that long I feel like I became stronger where I stood I guess . I don't  just mean my faith but processing my stuff and trying  to believe myself. But I still struggle  with feeling validated by myself  especially 

Edited by preciouspearl
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, preciouspearl said:

i do worry and feel crazy that maybe this person in leadership is right and think people really are out to get me. it seems like its a 5 to one ratio than 5 to ten if you get me.

but is it a sin if you have a non christian validate your facts and not define your reality?

Taking advice from a nonbeliever is not wise. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

An important thing to keep in mind is that we're all people. Even Christians are going to mess up at times.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, preciouspearl said:

Shalom @preciouspearl

I have also had bad advice from a Christians and Christian leaders before.  We must face the facts, that every professing-Christian is not necessarily Spirit-filled. Some even have poor-intentions and are in sheep's clothing.

In fact, like you, sometimes I have had better and more reasonable advice from non-believers.  Non-believers can often see the big picture and remember what's important more (love, kindness, peace) over some Christians who get obsessed with the wrong things instead (verses, theology, tradition).  

The instruction in the Word to not take advice from the ungodly refers to the context of those who are evil, wicked, fear of God or respect for others - but that's not all non-believers. "Wisdom is known by her children" and so sometimes, better advice with come from outside the church (to her shame).

Also consider the advice that Moses took from Jethro in Exodus 18:13-27.  Whilst Jethro was aware of Yahweh, he neither followed Him or Israel.  Nevertheless, the advice he gave to Moses was accepted by him, utilised  and NOT refuted by Yahweh thereafter.

That said, it is not good to speak to non-believers about certain things.  For example, if you suffered with depression or anxiety, it wouldn't be good to speak with non-believers, as it would serve as a poor witness.  So keep this in mind.

In summary - Do not feel condemnation for speaking to non-believers for advice.  But be self-aware that you remain as a witness to them.

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu
Thanks lftc!
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

I see the issues OH so plainly. We have sold out to Freud and Jung and wonder why it goes awry.

Stay far away from psycho-heresy. Even Christians just cannot get the connection. Poor roots = poor fruits.

It is so very difficult to fight this on one's own. Christians often throw other Christians under the bus. It happens, and in my life most harm has been done to me by other 'believers'.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I don't think it matters that they aren't a believer.

It does matter.