IGNORED

what is your opinion on modern day feminism? what about men's right movement?

Equippers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Whatever  men’s movement is going on is not a real thing. And the #Metoo movement has not gone far enough. There are still women being threatened with prison and bankruptcy, among other things, if they come forward.

The metoo movement is not good. Any good that could come out of it is overshadowed by false accusations that attempt to destroy the lives of men. An example of this is what they put justice kavanaugh through during the nomination process. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The metoo movement is not good. Any good that could come out of it is overshadowed by false accusations that attempt to destroy the lives of men. An example of this is what they put justice kavanaugh through during the nomination process. 

The way it is being portrayed in the press is not good at all.

What Kavanaugh went through was politics. Someone credible(a professor) made accusations against him, the FBI investigated it, he was given an opportunity to tell his side, and eventually he was able to take a seat on the bench. That’s going through something?

What women go through is light years worse and unfortunately it never gets reported. And most of the time they don’t get an opportunity to tell their side because they are threatened.

Again, you cannot make false accusations against someone powerful without being sued. You get threatened with lawsuits even when you are telling the truth  and have lots of evidence to back it up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The scale has tipped to the side of women in many cases.  Women are most often given custody of the kids.  However, men who try to subjugate women to the level of a dog, (Arabs often value their Salukis above women) are very demeaning,  Some consider us just a sex toy.  This is also very demeaning. We should be considered helpmeet partners.  Women should receive equal pay for equal work.  Aside from those things, Women should respect a man's leadership in the church and in the home.  That is a matter of order, not of worth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, lftc said:

Yes.  And he spoke to the issue of Law governing these things many times.  Who is listening?

The trouble is we just don't always know what a person is talking about with regard to the Law.....are they talking about the new way of the Spirit or the old way of the letter?  (The Lord has left the enFORCEment of law up to earthly authorities, Romans 13, not to His body who are in the world but not of it......and it's very important to understand the difference between the holy and the profane/common, Ez. 22 and 44. )  To strive lawfully and use the Law lawfully, in the scriptures below, means the Way of Christ, the way of the Spirit...not the old way of the letter.  Having begun in the spirit we are not now going to be made perfect in the flesh, by walking in the flesh with regard to the Law. (Gal. 3:3)

1Ti 1:5-11

Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

2Ti 2:5

And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

Rom 7:4-13

So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death.

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”

But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead.

Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.

For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death.

So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

2Ti 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Amen to fairness, justice, equity for all.......but as long as we understand that the root cause of all injustice, unfairness and lies is iniquity.  And the only solution for iniquity is the gospel. 

Edited by Steve_S
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

5 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen to fairness, justice, equity for all.......but as long as we understand that the root cause of all injustice, unfairness and lies is iniquity.  And the only solution for iniquity is the gospel. 

Amen

i should also add recently i was banned from a non Christian forum for starting a thread on abortion. i was gently challenging abortion but did not break forum rules, as far as i am aware of.

i think one of the moderators there must be a rabid feminist and decided to retaliate 

it is what our world has come to. it is much better on a Christian forum. Eventhough it is not perfect at times either.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Equippers said:

Amen

i should also add recently i was banned from a non Christian forum for starting a thread on abortion. i was gently challenging abortion but did not break forum rules, as far as i am aware of.

i think one of the moderators there must be a rabid feminist and decided to retaliate 

it is what our world has come to. it is much better on a Christian forum. Eventhough it is not perfect at times either.

Amen.  Truth is being thrown to the ground in these times......evil is being called good, and good evil.

The reason for most abortions is lust and fornication.....and as we know the gospel is the only answer for those things as well.   Both men and women are being fed lies of the devil....and it is leading to the downfall of a society that once was at least leavened by the gospel.  Well, the Lord has foreseen and foretold of these days...transgression is coming to the full....it is the ripening of a harvest.  Or like two parts of the harvest, one is being ripened to be harvested unto eternal life (wheat) and the other harvest (tares) is being ripened unto wrath.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

The trouble is we just don't always know what a person is talking about with regard to the Law.....are they talking about the new way of the Spirit or the old way of the letter?  (The Lord has left the enFORCEment of law up to earthly authorities, Romans 13, not to His body who are in the world but not of it......and it's very important to understand the difference between the holy and the profane/common, Ez. 22 and 44. )  To strive lawfully and use the Law lawfully, in the scriptures below, means the Way of Christ, the way of the Spirit...not the old way of the letter.  Having begun in the spirit we are not now going to be made perfect in the flesh, by walking in the flesh with regard to the Law. (Gal. 3:3)

Excellent points.  A truly double edged sword.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, Willa said:

The scale has tipped to the side of women in many cases.  Women are most often given custody of the kids.  However, men who try to subjugate women to the level of a dog, (Arabs often value their Salukis above women) are very demeaning,  Some consider us just a sex toy.  This is also very demeaning. We should be considered helpmeet partners.  Women should receive equal pay for equal work.  Aside from those things, Women should respect a man's leadership in the church and in the home.  That is a matter of order, not of worth.

I don't disagree with anything you have said.

I'd just like to add that I feel that everyone here understands that some human beings - both men and women - cannot help but construe inferior in order as inferior in worth.  God punished Eve by telling her that Adam would rule over her once they left the Garden and she would fight that.

It's just human nature.  If you have a general and a captain, the general outranks the captain and is treated with more worth by the people on base.  They just can't help it.

It's the mindset as I said earlier in this thread.

God made the husband the head of the wife.  I have no problem with that.  I just can't bear it when we flawed human beings take that to mean the man is superior in all worth - and the woman is secondary in all worth.

The mindset and the heartset is the problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

On 10/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, ReneeIW said:

It’s a myth that all a woman has to do is come forward with an accusation and a man gets fired. That sets the company up for a major lawsuit as well as the accuser.  A woman can’t just make up an accusation against a man and get him fired without facing a major lawsuit. It’s called defamation.

It is not a myth renee, as the article below shows....

Nbc had a report 2 yrs ago ...

While many have admitted, or partially admitted, wrongdoing, others — including talk show host Tavis Smiley, radio host Garrison Keillor, New Yorker political reporter Ryan Lizza, and former Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. — have denied the claims against them. Yet they've still been fired by their companies.

That kind of corporate response may seem harsh, but employment law attorneys and human resource experts say terminating or suspending an employee who faces unproven allegations of sexual harassment is often the safest decision a company can make to protect other employees. It's also completely legal in most states, they add.

"Employers can terminate for any reason at all, as long as it's not a discriminatory or retaliatory reason," said Cynthia Calvert, a Maryland-based discrimination lawyer and president of Workforce 21C, a consulting company that helps employers advance women.

That's due to at-will employment, a contractual term that gives employers the right to fire employees without an explanation or warning, and employees the right to quit without reason.

While there is a chance an employee could try to sue a company for firing them, Calvert said there's greater danger in keeping the employee on staff after an accusation, even if the evidence against them isn't crystal clear.

"If it was truly a he said, she said [situation] with absolutely no corroborating evidence, I would tend to still separate the accused from the company, suspending or terminating them. And the reason is, I would have to be weighing the legal risk, and the legal risk of getting it wrong when a woman has complained of sexual harassment is huge," she said.

In any situation where a woman alleges misconduct, she should be protected by her company, said Phyllis Hartman, a human resources consultant in Pennsylvania.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sexual-misconduct/accusations-metoo-era-how-companies-handle-complaints-n829326