IGNORED

Why was Bloodbought1953’s post about “Forgive and you will be forgiven” deleted?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

I thought his post was very informative. Why was it deleted?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Perhaps PMing Steve would get you a quicker answer.  The TOS declares that if you disagree with any action by an Servant, take it private. 

If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private. The moderation team serves this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the PM system or email or the Report Post button to get satisfaction. (Matt. 18:15)

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

Good question , Renee! Lol.....I thought that post was a “Masterpiece”...... lol. I would pray REAL HARD before I  deleted that post......

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

4 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Matt 18:15 Is a very good verse That Should apply to everyone! as the Bible is above the TOS

The Terms of Service, for the most part, derives from scripture. 

40 minutes ago, OneLight said:

If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private.

I don’t have a problem with anyone. Just a Christian on a Christian forum asking a sincere question. Didn’t mean to offend or break any rules.

His post was publicly taken down so I thought I would ask publicly. I was not familiar with the terms of service and am not yet familiar with who the moderators are besides George, and I think Willa is a chat mod. I only know that about Willa because I follow her.

i suppose they can delete this thread if I have broken a rule. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

I thought his post was very informative. Why was it deleted?

Mainly because BB knows he is supposed to post things like that in the Soteriology forum, but also because he said he just copied it from another thread, which makes it redundant.

43 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Good question , Renee! Lol.....I thought that post was a “Masterpiece”...... lol. I would pray REAL HARD before I  deleted that post......

Firstly, there is already an equivalent post on the forums, which you admit yourself in the first paragraph. Secondly, what exactly are you implying?

I considered putting it in Soteriology, but I though that since the idea behind everything was “ Forgiveness in the Age Of Grace”it did not really qualify to go in there.It was really meant to be more of a “ Grace” thing than a “ Salvation” thing.I apologize for  any problems this may have caused.

Here is what I was implying— and note that that I am not accusing anybody of anything. I know that that Grace Message That I try to spread is offensive to many people.I don’t know anything about the beliefs of the Mods here . My fear is that there would be some here with power that would try to squash the Gospel Of Grace  If they disagreed with it. I can’t understand why anybody would just cavalierly delete or send into oblivion a message that was Bible -Based. And if somebody does not think it was Bible Based, Give me the  chance to explain why I think it is.I honestly thought my post was something of value....showing that many things were changed- Forgiveness included- after the Cross.If I was a moderator in a Christian Forum , I think I would bend over backwards to preserve a post that could help many Believers. Unless I thought it was a  false , unbiblical belief— then I would do my best to get rid of it. I do not believe that is the case, and I certainly hope nobody here would do that.But only a fool would not see that this “ could” be the case—thus it is an occasional concern of mine.

As far as  being “ redundant”, what could be the harm of writing a response to somebody and realizing in the middle of it that it could be a good idea for a new thread ?Does redundancy and proper placement over- ride the importance of Bible -Backed messages that personally, I have never seen brought up at Worthy before ? Unless , of course, one thought what I was writing about was heresy.Do you understand my  concern ? Anything is possible ........Unjustified or not, I have good reason to be wary— the Bible throughout shows what happens to “boat rockers”. Jesus and Paul were not afraid to rock the boat.Neither am I. That would be the only thing I have in common with them, beyond being a possessor of the Holy Spirit.God bless you all, and a sincere thanks for all you guys do.

• Loved it! 1

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

.I honestly thought my post was something of value....showing that many things were changed- Forgiveness included- after the Cross.

I thought it was of value as well. Lots of people struggle to understand the verses you posted about. Maybe not people on the Christian forums, but others out in the world.

There is a post on another section of Worthy where a woman believes she needed to stay in an physically  abusive marriage because the Bible says when someone slaps you on the right cheek, turn the other cheek. There are also people who stay in bad situations, both male and female, because they believe they will go to Hell if they don’t “forgive” someone who is harming them. 

The worst part about the misinterpretation of those  verses is that it confuses those who are seeking and considering the Christian Faith. It looks as though God’s forgiveness of us, hinges on our ability to forgive others. If that is true, then essentially we are earning our  way into Heaven and it’s not a free gift. 

I agree with you that we forgive because we now belong to Christ and we forgive for His sake. We forgive because He’s our  Lord and we trust Him when He tells us to do something. It’s difficult to do, but we do it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I thought it was of value as well. Lots of people struggle to understand the verses you posted about. Maybe not people on the Christian forums, but others out in the world.

There is a post on another section of Worthy where a woman believes she needed to stay in an physically  abusive marriage because the Bible says when someone slaps you on the right cheek, turn the other cheek. There are also people who stay in bad situations, both male and female, because they believe they will go to Hell if they don’t “forgive” someone who is harming them. 

The worst part about the misinterpretation of those  verses is that it confuses those who are seeking and considering the Christian Faith. It looks as though God’s forgiveness of us, hinges on our ability to forgive others. If that is true, then essentially we are earning our  way into Heaven and it’s not a free gift. 

I agree with you that we forgive because we now belong to Christ and we forgive for His sake. We forgive because He’s our  Lord and we trust Him when He tells us to do something. It’s difficult to do, but we do it.

Thank you, Renee.....I think it is tragic that we live in an Age Of  Grace and the average Believer refuses to take advantage of it- and let me clearly state that I do NOT mean to use Grace as a “ license to sin”.Anybody who thinks they can  sin and “ get away with it” is a fool— and you had better believe that God knows how to handle these fools!

People think they are taking some kind of “Noble Road” when they proclaim “I don’t care WHAT you say,  by golly I go by what Jesus said!” It sure sounds good— to those poorly taught, yes— but when you ignore what Jesus said through his “Secretary” , Paul , you Pay a steep price.

Christ’s Earthly Ministry took place under the Law. He lived it and preached it—- then fulfilled it for us.We are now DEAD to it . Jesus paid a dreadful price to be able to let us enter a New Period Of Grace.People do not realize the Freedoms we have now- not freedom to sin , but a freedom that comes from resting in the Gospel that tells us Jesus died for our sins and fussing and fretting about “ being good enough” is a waste of time.In fact, if you fool yourself into thinking you have “ made the grade” somehow, you are very likely damned.The Christian Walk, as Paul said , begins and ends in the same way— Faith.

I seem to be meandering a bit....typical stuff from an old , old man...lol.... Here is the point I am trying to make.....We are under Grace. This is what Paul taught.Paul wrote nothing in his letters that was not given for him to say by Jesus, via the Holy Spirit .Thinking In this manner would make it appear that Jesus contradicted  himself.It was the same Jesus that said you must forgive to be forgiven that later said all your sins were forgiven if you simply believe that He paid your sin debt and rose from the Grave.That is the Good News.That is “Paul’s Gospel” Given to Him personally by Jesus in the Sinai Desert in Paul’s 3 year Grace Class. It took that long to get the legalism out of his “ Pharisee Of Pharisees” brain.It was the same Jesus that said you should tithe your income ( there were three tithes— that’s 30 % of your income ) that later did a turnabout and said to give from your heart—- no demands to give anything if you were short- sighted enough to ignore “ heavenly rewards”. 

How does anybody get away with saying completely different things? Easily. The Cross changed everything .No contradictions by Jesus.There was a change in Reality itself.Simply by RESTING in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 , one will be gifted with God’s Holy Spirit and they will find themselves taking the orders and Commands of the Law and finding that now instead of doing things because they “ must” , they do so because they “ want to”.

Using just  the two examples previously mentioned, Under Grace I don’t “ have” to forgive ANYBODY to be saved. I “ want” to forgive others.It comes naturally from my Hew Heart. Similarly, I don’t “ have” to give a dime in order to be saved— I Give because I “want” to. Once again, my wants have been changed because of a New Heart. A New Heart for a New Age.The Age Of Grace. The same Savior that once talked Law is now talking Grace—- through Paul. Jesus said to “ follow Paul as he follows Christ”. One might think they are on the right track by “ following Jesus” —- and of course they are correct.But to follow Jesus today in this Age Of Amazing, Incredible Grace , we do things different . We do what Paul says to do, because when Paul says something , he is guided by The Holy Spirit- it’s as good as if Jesus said it Himself. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Even before you get to Paul, the Gospel is clear. What John says below is similar to what Paul said to the Jailer. 

31but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

• Thumbs Up 2