• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Gets you thinking about just what seems to not exist any more. "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues". Satanic music.. all this got me thinking. So do we just listen to Christian music? You know people that believe in Jesus Christ as lord vs some one of this world does not know Christ..not singing to Him or for Him but for self and for others. Someone thats not in any cult lol. Just a good worldly none believer. 

So thats ok  but heavy rock acid rock.. oh thats just to evil yes? I believe as we truly walk in the spirit you just know. When your young you LOVE to sing about girls.. girls about boys.. not haha evil. Some can be. I know all creation is singing praising Him. Some angels thats ALL the do. Lol I was just thinking about 2 days ago.. why what is this in me that ALWAYS wants to sing to Him, praise Him.. always thank Him. We forget .. the world that does not even know Him.. all is held together by Him. The love He has.. just WOW. So yeah its not all evil Satanic....yet if GOD is not behind it.. who is? Just man? Don't think so. Its a gift.. use it for God or for the world.. there is no middle ground. So what ever it is .. try putting Christ in the middle of it...see what happens. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

Babylon Bee had an amusing article a couple years back, something like AC-DC's Highway to Hell being more theologically correct than most contemporary Christian music.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/23/2019 at 7:41 AM, Melinda12 said:

Sounds maybe silly but is it? 

Seems to me the lyrics and images are set against that which is of God. Heavy metal especially. Also the attitudes towards love and sex. 

A friend of mine who is really into it says i am fussing about nothing. It's all just a show he says and fun. Yet the lyrics are full of bad words, anger and dark thoughts as far as i can perceive.

Music is a huge part of life and relaxation but it also heavily influences, especially young minds. Surely young boys into rock are shaped by that which they listen to daily. 

For me it all depends on the beliefs and message the composer is intending to put out there.Some go for the pagan market.Others to "sell" a particular political ideology.The music is only the medium which the melody and song rides on.Rock music can be just as effective in spreading the "Good News" Acts 1:8,with the correct motives.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

I can tell you that as a worship leader for many years I became disenfranchised  with most CCM and had to reevaluate myself to see why. That music is more like a light pop song with a hook. Instead of liking it more and more over the years I ended up disliking much of it. Maybe some of this was sheer repetition over time? The re writing of hymns to gain financial publishing advantage is something else I was not on board with. Take an old standard, change it in some way. Now you can sell it and profit from it with just a few tweaks. Churches have to post the publisher on the screen and pay royalties or they can be fined and have their feeds yanked. It has become similar to the way a church will spend money for sunday school material. It's just a part of the budget. Someone somewhere is getting filthy rich. We often know little about them.

On one hand, having a central set of tunes many churches play playing on the radio lends itself to a commonality between believers and churches. We can go to one church and hear the same tune done at another church. These rotate much the same way the top 10 tunes do on a secular station. Churches then need to rotate these to attempt to stay current with what's popular. Who decides this? The record companies.

What ends up happening usually is the good tunes are hit and miss, so worship leaders might rotate songs back and forth from 20 years back. We are still playing Revelation song along with more recent ( and often unheard of) tunes for the congregation to sing. Is this good or bad? You be the judge. Frankly some of these are worn out in many churches. MUSIC doesn't draw people closer to God. God does if those individuals are willing.

I  think we can go too far in accepting secular music as christians. I believe we really need to be careful because music can be such an influence. We like what we like though and we know what we don't like. Remember Satan was the chief musician in heaven and he knows a thing or two.;)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1