• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Hello

Lately it seems that everywhere in the news, your workplace and even very close to home people are choosing to take there own lives. I believe that this goes against God. I don't believe that one can ask for forgiveness before a premeditated sin. I feel that if one takes there life into there own hands that They have stepped out of the hand of God. They have basically stolen what belonged to God if Christ was there savior. I also believe that Satan in the author of confusion and all that is opposite of God. There is no peace of mind it seems for the one who willing took there life nor for those left behind except through Christ, who offers willing to anyone who calls upon him. I have heard many sides to the extremely heart wrenching subject and have been effected closely with four individuals that were either related or those I know personally, however I can't find anything that gives me peace of mind in changing my beliefs about this subject. I have studied the bible and those who attempted suicide but was brought back and there were none positive. They all experienced the horrible reality of Hell. Being new, I was wondering if you have material on this subject. Thank you 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Only personal material.  To understand the destitute of those who are considering suicide, you must first personally understand their depression - in other words, you have to of walked in their shoes.  It would be very rare to find any peace of mind if someone you knew takes their life.  For example, those who chose to jump out of the windows of the Twin Towers, instead of being burnt alive, is still suicide, but you can find peace of mind in that.  Yet, those who do such a thing over the loss of some material object, like a job, there would be no peace of mind.  The best thing is, God knows the heart of every person who takes their life.  Is it considered murder?  That judgement I will leave up to God.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

I do understand what you are saying, however those people who jumped from the towers did not premeditate upon there desision. They were forced to make a decision caused by a horrible act of evil. Those people were so unimaginably scared, shocked  and perhaps were acting as to try and save there lives by seeing the only way of escape in a horrible moment of complete confusion. They were not considering ending there lives as in the case of those who deliberately take there lives to end their present suffering and situations. These people have lost all hope of any deliverance. They are in great despair.

God is able to deliver. He is our hope. He wishes that no one would perish but all would come to him and receive Christ. There is NOTHING to big for God....He is more then able!!Praise him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi @Revlori

There have been some in the Old Testament who have taken their lives by choice. But you don't think in the moment previous they couldn't become justified before the Lord? I personally believe they did. Especially Samson. 

The people in the Bible committed suicide were:

Saul's Armbearer (1 Samuel 31:5)

Ahithophel (2 Samuel 17:23)

Zimri (1 Kings 16:18)

Samson (indirectly committed suicide)

Those who attempted suicide were:

King Saul ( 1 Samuel 31:4) Later killed by Amalekite (2 Sam. 1:10)

These people asked to be killed

Abimelech ( Judges 9:54)

Elijah (1 Kings 19:4)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Laying our life down, is different to taking our life. Samson gave His life to destroy the enemies of the Lord worshipping false gods. We see the testimony, Samson slew the Philistines at his death, not killing himself..

Judges 16:30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

For the ones who are sorrowful in this life, I always looked for them, to be friends with them, because sorrow is such sensitivity, but I know that these days there us sorrow with the Lord too, we desire to die, and death flees from us, because it is not our time, and being sorrowful and wanting to be away from this world are very natural..

2 Corinthians 1:For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:

Psalm 69:29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

2 Corinthians 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Revelation 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
  • Well Said! 1