• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Steve_S said:

That is the sort of thing that could end up calling into question the legitimacy of a lot more than this single verse and that is why it is so incredibly dangerous to entertain it.

I don’t think it’s dangerous at all because Paul wrote in other places that he was giving advice that was not necessarily a word from God. 

I trust God to preserve His Word. 

Edited by ReneeIW

13 hours ago, Steve_S said:

So you meant where you live the question is settled or nationally?

Unfortunately, I think it’s a lot like politics, it’s regional. In more progressive states, you will see the idea of female pastors as something positive. In more conservative states, it’s the opposite. That shouldn’t be a surprise. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

1 minute ago, ReneeIW said:

I don’t think it’s dangerous at all because Paul has said in other places that he is giving his advice that was not necessarily a word from God. 

I trust God to preserve His Word. 

This is in one chapter, 1 Corinthians 7. This is also Paul speaking with apostolic authority. This is not the opinion of some guy on the street, or even a pastor. This is an ordinance that a chosen apostle of Christ instituted. However, this thread is not regarding 1 Corinthians 7.

What I would specifically point out is that in that specific case Paul noted that it was from him specifically. What that should tell anyone is that when that is the case he will tell us. He does not tell us that here.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

2 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Unfortunately, I think it’s a lot like politics, it’s regional. In more progressive states, you will see the idea of female pastors as something positive. In more conservative states, it’s the opposite. That shouldn’t be a surprise. 

Modern Progressivism is one of the most anti-God forms of political thought that the western world has ever seen. It basically openly celebrates a plethora of things that God hates. Knowing that progressive states are the ones more accepting and promoting of such a thing would not give me peace as a Christian on something doctrinal such as this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

"Don't discuss religion or politics," we are told. 

Because everything involves religion of politics or both... and

what people so often parrot without ever questioning is a brazen

attempt to silence Christians (the only people on the planet with

God's fullest revelation and guidance on both subjects).

• Well Said! 1

I was once the greatest opponent of women in the pulpit.

I argued from 1 Timothy 2:15 to Judges 4 to Acts 18 to

Romans 16:17 to Revelation 2:20 and went into the Greek

and Hebrew against any claim of biblical support for

women to teach or have authority over men with respect

to the Faith...

Then the Holy Spirit pointed out to me that whenever men

failed to step up, he sent a woman.

The prophetess Deborah. She even led the battles in the war

from male cowardice.

The women at the tomb of Christ.

And so on.

How he (the Spirit) actually revealed this to me was to pose a question on my heart

(that I knew was from him). ← no arguments please, I tested this against scripture

in keeping with 1 John 4:1 / 1 Thessalonians 5:21 etc.

"So, then it is better that the Gospel of Christ is NOT preached than that a woman should preach it?"

I was undone.

I fought long and hard against brothers and sisters (especially those in the pulpit) about how unbiblical

they were being. And it turns out I was the one opposing Christ. To my utter shame!

There is a way that seems right [to man] the ends thereof are the ways of death. ← Proverbs states this twice verbatim.

Then the Spirit showed me how the entire Body of Christ is a Kingdom [of priests]. *

That being the case, the pulpit is woefully understaffed.

If men were there intended sole occupiers of the pulpit (and I believe the scriptures bear this out), the God bless the women

who stepped up when the majority of men did not!!!

*Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10  / 1 Peter 2:3-9  / Exodus 19:6

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

56 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Modern Progressivism is one of the most anti-God forms of political thought that the western world has ever seen. It basically openly celebrates a plethora of things that God hates. Knowing that progressive states are the ones more accepting and promoting of such a thing would not give me peace as a Christian on something doctrinal such as this.

I’m going to research this in the next few days. I’m now very curious about the Church's views on female pastors and why the change is taking place. I will report back with my findings.

lol

58 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

This is in one chapter, 1 Corinthians 7. This is also Paul speaking with apostolic authority. This is not the opinion of some guy on the street, or even a pastor. This is an ordinance that a chosen apostle of Christ instituted. However, this thread is not regarding 1 Corinthians 7.

What I would specifically point out is that in that specific case Paul noted that it was from him specifically. What that should tell anyone is that when that is the case he will tell us. He does not tell us that here.

What that verse tells me is that he was being honest that not every word he said was a commandment from God, but from his own wisdom. 

I need to study out the verses where Paul says “he” is not permitting a woman to teach a man and then give my opinion. 

Edited by ReneeIW

One of the things that motivated my past persecution of women in the pulpit was the figure 

of a woman prominently in what I deemed sacred assembly.  Now there is no doubt where the

gathering of two or more in the name of Jesus Christ is in fact a sacred assembly [which is what

"church" means]... it is not encumbant upon us to define what is and is not appropriate according to

our opinions (individual or collective).

Should a woman in a skirt preach or teach?

How long or how short?

Ainsley Earhart on Fox News makes a greater / broader testimony for Christ than some denominations...

and though she apparently struggles with it, she does wear rather revealing dresses occasionally.

Some point out that being the eye candy is what the job she occupies is all about.

But she is doing it for Christ.

Never thought I'd hear myself say this. I was so wrapped up in my own struggles of lust in those days

blaming everyone and everything for what I did not understand about such matters. 

This world is the most hell believers in Jesus Christ will ever know. And at the same time it is the most

heaven unbelievers will ever know.

We are not here to "fix" this place. And we are not always miraculously cured of a temptation or vice.

Under the New Covenant, Law keeping is no longer the mandate.

Evangelism is.

Go in the name of Jesus Christ and do what these women are doing in his name!!!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

Sometimes if we just read the New Testament, we can find the answer.

For example, lets say that we are having a discussion regarding the topic..."Can a woman be a Pastor of a New Testament Church".

Well, everyone has an opinion, based on, whatever its based on.

But if we read the NT, and we just find out what Paul says, then we can have an answer that suits God, as if Paul says it, then it must suit God as its in His Book.

Does this seem reasonable to you?

So, when you want to know anything about the description of what IS a Pastor, then you just go to the Pastor/Evangelist  epistles.  You go to Titus and Timothy.

And you read that Paul explains the requirements to be a Pastor.......not a teacher, not a preacher, not a evangelist, not a prophet, not an Apostle......but a PASTOR< or you could say, a "Bishop".

Here is the rule that will help to explain and clarify this question.......... "The Husband of one Wife"........  Can be a Pastor.

So, if a woman, can be the husband of one wife, as defined by Paul and God and Sexuality that is according to Holiness, then let them Pastor.

If not, then let them do the rest, as all the other ministries are asexual.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  21

53 minutes ago, Prodigal Son said:

I never accused anyone of not taking care of their own family. Why do u think my post was "anti-woman" anyway?

Here's what I see as anti-woman ... or what irked me a bit (and please note, I'm one who doesn't think women should pastor).

4 hours ago, Prodigal Son said:

The number of women willing to throw caution into the wind gives us a great insight into the inner workings of female nature. 

With such a strong focus on "self" it is dangerous to society for women to be in positions of power as it tends to be all about "us" (women) instead of all humans.

To the Christian ladies in here why would you want to be anything other than what the bible tells you to be? Should authority be taken away from men and given to women? If so why?

Let's not forget that we have many men in roles of power/authority who also suffer from the disease of "self" and walk in an unending power trip so that's definitely not limited to the female gender .... 

To answer your last question - I would not want to be anything other than the woman He has created me to be, nor would I ever desire to work in any role He didn't create me to fill - and no, God designed His plan for leadership, which is clear in His Word, authority should not be taken from men. However, men should walk in the role they're placed carrying with them the Spirit of Christ and a servant's heart, which I think will show humility, love, and gentleness. There is no place for EGO from either gender in the body of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 3