• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

5 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I'm not a wife, nor a mother.  I do try to keep my home in some order. LOL.

I would have already been driven mad as a hatter -[not making light] - if wife, mother, housecleaner were the only things available to me as a life's function.  Those first two never happened.  Housecleaning is all that is left.  You can only dust the furniture so many times.  And I can tell you, there is NO fulfillment in washing dishes nor folding other people's underwear.  None.  It's grunt work and a huge drudgery.  And the more you do it, the less worthy as a human being you feel.  At least that's how it makes me feel.

You say that this maybe more important than a man's role.  I won't argue that, but I will ask - if this is true, then why won't people act like being a mother, wife, and house cleaner is important?

"Women's work".  It been a big joke for eons.  It's demeaning in the eyes of so many.

If only motherhood, being a wife, and cleaning the house WERE considered important.  But in so many circles and circles for centuries and centuries, it has never been as important as what men do.  Ergo, women are not as important as men ….. ergo....well, you get the picture.

I've said it a million times.  It's all about the mindset.

I don't believe in a woman to be a pastor of a church.  NOT because she can't or is too stupid.  I know women who could preach circles around many men and who know their Bibles much better.  I know TONS of women who have organizational skills beyond comprehension.  Women ARE capable of running a church and preaching the gospel greatly.  But God said don't do it that way.  But under a pastor's authority, a woman can do whatever God leads her to do.  And that's an awful lot that includes the use of her brain, heart, strength, and steadfastness, not just her dishpan hands.  

I did house keeping as a single father. I never remarried.  I found it fulfilling I did it for the lord and my daughter. And I know he will reward me. Was not the best because I worked too. I never said man is head over every women. That would be umbilical. A man can submit to women at times too. But the body of christ God uses men for some roles women for others. Also women were know for doing good works for others besides cleaning. I think the world wants the sexes to have the same roles in everything to please the world.

36 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

The mis-assumption is that every man is head over every woman. I've had men in the church think they could lord over me because they were male and I am female... and they have another thing coming. My head is my husband (as unto God). If my husband's wishes go against God's Word, I am not to obey his wishes. My obligation is to obey God first and foremost. 

If I had no husband, I would hope that God would place a godly man in my life to stand in accountability to...a pastor, father figure, etc. Many times this is not a reality. 

I dont believe every man is over every women too. I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

In any case, we already have female pastors, so not sure what the point of the argument is. The church has already decided that these verses were not meant for every cultur

WE? already have?
Which church is that?
The body of Christ, or the modern facsimile?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Now I'm feeling better, I'm on par with the 30 year old's and can do everything they can do. 

Does that really work?
Then I'm going back to 16  21........default_cool2.gif.a96d890cee7a0d640d143c45a35461e1.gif

• Haha 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

He was speaking to that culture. And if that were meant for everyone, it would have come out of Christ's mouth. Yes, it's all God's Word, but Paul said things that were suggestions for that culture. Everything else that Paul said was an explanation of things that had already been said by Christ.

1Ti 2:12  And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 
1Ti 2:13  For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 
1Ti 2:14  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 
1Ti 2:15  Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control. 

I have an impossible time accepting that this is a cultural designation. He goes all the way back to creation with his appeal to why - Adam and Eve. If it is cultural then the obvious conclusion to draw is that the only single culture in which the relationship between Adam and Eve is relevant is the one in which Timothy was preaching when Paul sent him this letter.

People may say this is an opinion of paul and that's a fair thing to say, but even if that is the case, this is the "opinion" of a spirit filled chosen apostle of the living God (though I think it is more than just an opinion). One would do very well to follow the advice of such a man, wouldn't you think?

3 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

In any case, we already have female pastors, so not sure what the point of the argument is. The church has already decided that these verses were not meant for every culture. 

I have to say, the verses mean what they mean, regardless of what the church thinks they mean. Apart from that, though, you say the "church" has already decided that these verses were not meant for every culture. I've noticed you've said this more than once.

Could you please give me a short list of the major denominations that comprise this church that has made the above decision you reference?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I am perfectly fine with a woman preaching. The same Spirit resides in her. I recall Marilyn Hickey revealing that the Lord had asked 5 other people to start a healing ministry, or something along these lines, before He got to her. The signs and wonders that went along with her ministry (regardless of whether you thought she was a little strange), along with changed lives, cannot be overlooked.

• Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I'm sorry, brother, but that one word made me chuckle. Lol:laugh:

Yes I think it fits.lol

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dailyprayerwarrior said:

I am perfectly fine with a woman preaching. The same Spirit resides in her. I recall Marilyn Hickey revealing that the Lord had asked 5 other people to start a healing ministry, or something along these lines, before He got to her. The signs and wonders that went along with her ministry (regardless of whether you thought she was a little strange), along with changed lives, cannot be overlooked.

Signs dont mean anything. No offer you. The antichrist will have super signs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

10 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Signs dont mean anything. No offer you. The antichrist will have super signs.

I agree. I just posted about that on another thread. When we see a sign or wonder, we need to ask who gets the glory. With Hickey, the Lord got the glory. ;)

• This is Worthy 1