• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I can't tell if this was a serious response or a facetious response. 

[facetious]

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Another thing to point out is that we only have 2 Greek manuscripts. We need to find a third that would corroborate one or the other. This would actually cause the argument to end but of course there is no third manuscript. As mentioned before a translation is a translation and none are perfect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Seriously I am starting to think that threads like this are made just to stir the pot.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Seriously I am starting to think that threads like this are made just to stir the pot.  

Dennis1209, he say, pot not stirred once a while, stick and burn. :D Threads also good for sowing. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/10/2019 at 8:21 AM, WBO said:

The truth I’m about to present is not popular to Christians which is shocking. But here it is. 

The King James Version Bible is the pure Word of God and it does not contain any errors. No not a single one.

I understand that nearly all Bible colleges teach textual criticism and they teach that no translation is perfect. Which is a bunch of Confusion and anyone teaching that the Bible has errors are not helping build faith but actually diminished the Power of God’s word and in some cases destroying ones faith.

Do you really think God would encourage confusion? Do you think God inspired errors? Do you think the Holy Spirit was absent in the making of the KJV?

Do you think it’s the Holy Spirit speaking when you say that the Bible has errors. 

Let me give a few examples of how much translations differences can impact our beliefs.

John 1:1 King James Version (KJV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So here we see this verse supports the Trinity. But let’s look at how one translation changes it to reject the Trinity.

1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

“NWT”

This is an extreme case but it proves just how harmful a slight change of words can be.

Now let’s look at another passage comparison.

Philippians 2:6 King James Version (KJV)

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Now let’s see what the ESV says

Philippians 2:6English Standard Version (ESV)

who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped.

When comparing you immediately see that these verses say the opposite thing.

The KJV says Christ thought it not robbery to be equal to God. 

And the ESV and NIV says the total opposite.

Both cannot be right. Only one of them can be correct! I would easily say it’s the KJV.

Now let’s look at some passages where the power of the text was diminished by the NIV translation.

Daniel 3:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Daniel 3:25 New International Version (NIV)

25 He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

Did you catch this in Daniel. They both say different things. Very different.

John 14:2 King James Version (KJV)

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

In the KJV Jesus use the word mansions. 

Let’s see how the NIV diminishes the power of the promise.

John 14:2 New International Version (NIV)

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

This is a small but it’s very important to me personally. I get great joy day dreaming about having a mansion that Jesus prepared for me. But when you look at the NIV all you can look forward to is having a room.

The point I’m making is that the power of this promised was greatly diminished.

Before I close I just want to debunk the claim the The word Easter in Acts was a mistranslation. This one is most common that I hear.

First off I want to say that all Greek lexicons don’t translate Easter as being the Word Passover. There are multiple different sources that translate Paschal as being Easter.

But now let’s use the passage itself to tell us the truth.

Acts 12:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)

4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

If you noticed verse 3. We see that this is taking place during the Days of unleavened bread. Which according to Exodus 12 always happens immediately after Passover and it last 7 days.

So considering the Context Verse 4 cannot be referring to Passover. So this is not an error. The romans were celebrating Easter in these days. So the KJV was not wrong.

Now one more passage to conclude that God preserved His Word without any errors.

Psalm 12:6-8 King James Version (KJV)

The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

This supports that God’s Word is pure, purified to perfection and verse 7 says God will preserve them forever. 

God bless you all.

Click on my profile for my Learn the Bible in 1 Hour Collection. The website link will be on my profile. The videos on the site are designed to leave to viewer in total awe of the rich complexity and harmony of the Bible.

Are you a King James Bible only believer?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/05/1993

Yes I’m a King James Only Believer. And it’s very comforting and faith building when I realized that the Bible means exactly what it says. I’m glad I’m not smart enough to believe that the Bible has errors.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 minutes ago, WBO said:

Yes I’m a King James Only Believer. And it’s very comforting and faith building when I realized that the Bible means exactly what it says. I’m glad I’m not smart enough to believe that the Bible has errors.

Man makes errors, God doesn't. The word "church" as used in the KJV is not the correct translation of the Greek "ekklesia" which, as John Wycliffe attested, is better translated as "congregation" so as to avoid the misconception that "the clergy" is meant, it supposedly being synonymous with "the church" in some quarters.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/05/1993

You either believe in a perfect Bible or you don’t. Believe that it’s without errors or you believe that it’s corrupt.

I believe that the Holy Ghost was deeply present in the making of the KJV. The effort that went into its making is unparalleled to any.

Sad to see that believing in a perfect Bible is the unpopular opinion

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

If you are posting believer videos, then you had better be sure you are as correct as you can be. There are human errors in all translations and subtle literations. Just as one would expect. So be careful about worship of just a single set of scriptures.

We have at this time many and varied editions of the scriptures. Much of which was not available even in 2010, so the better versions use Masoretic, Septuagint, Aramaic Pershittas and some original Hebrew. The Qumran discoveries gave us much insight and validation. Plus, they also have commentaries that a Jew of the times would have read. Yes, Yeshua and his followers read a lot of books and Jewish theology. Some of those are frowned upon by the church. You do well to study these before aligning yourself with just one Textus Receptus or Latin derived script. Most of these came from Greek translations of Aramaic and Hebrew. So any time a 'new generation' of script is formed, there will be 'changes'. This of course does not concern the Lord in the slightest because His Spirit will bring out the truth that was meant even if humans did not get it exact.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, WBO said:

You either believe in a perfect Bible or you don’t. Believe that it’s without errors or you believe that it’s corrupt.

I believe that the Holy Ghost was deeply present in the making of the KJV. The effort that went into its making is unparalleled to any.

Sad to see that believing in a perfect Bible is the unpopular opinion

Only one gospel says 'easter' as the others say Paschal (passover). This is due to the translator being of Roman persuasion. Study about the translators as well. You will be surprised they believed in infant baptism and other doctrines. Do not worship a version; only Worship God.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2