• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

I really don't see why so much time, effort, and energy is being spent on this about the generation who will see Jesus' return and those who will not taste death till they see this or that concerning Jesus .. remember the old man - I forget his name offhand - in  the temple who was told he would not die until he saw the Lord and Saviour and he saw and held the baby Jesus and prophesied .. I think all we need to be concerned about is "will we have endured in the faith and be ready to meet our Lord and Saviour when He does come in our lifetime or end of our lifetime .. eg. when we die, will we be ready or be wishing we had more time to get ready or when the rapture comes, will we be ready or other such occasions" .. I think the passages about "He will come at an hour unexpected so we are to watch and be ready, for we know not when He comes" are more important as He will come one day and heaven help us IF we are not ready ..

When Jesus Returns Bringing Yahuweh's Vengeance upon all the shedders of blood,  it will be TOO LATE to "join Him" (or will it? (for those still remaining alive) ) ....

Those who are willing to receive the mark,  no matter what it is,  have already lost their lives.

Those who are already born again by the will of the Father in heaven,  who already have a circumcised heart made not with human hands,  who are already holy, already set aside, set apart,  in Christ Jesus,  will be executed when they refuse the mark,  and are already daily "as sheep led to slaughter".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

The more I read, the more I lose faith.

By Follower0fJesus,

Something's wrong with that statement, according to scripture. Read this scripture:

"So then faith cometh by hearing (or reading), and hearing by the word of God."    Romans 10:17

When I was a new believer, I listened to the 'seasoned' brothers to gain understanding of what I read/heard.
I would go back and apply what I heard. Eventually, it all began to fit, as I grew.
As many here have pointed out, 'God's ways are not man's ways.
Sometimes it just doesn't make 'common' sense.
But as I learned more, it began to make 'spiritual' sense.
And still learning forty years later.......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

It seems everyone wants to throw their opinion in, but not actually read what I write.

Hi, No that is not what is happening. 

You have not answered a simple question yet: Did you have any faith to begin with?  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, No that is not what is happening. 

You have not answered a simple question yet: Did you have any faith to begin with?  

Yes

54 minutes ago, Sower said:

The more I read, the more I lose faith.

By Follower0fJesus,

Something's wrong with that statement, according to scripture. Read this scripture:

"So then faith cometh by hearing (or reading), and hearing by the word of God."    Romans 10:17

When I was a new believer, I listened to the 'seasoned' brothers to gain understanding of what I read/heard.
I would go back and apply what I heard. Eventually, it all began to fit, as I grew.
As many here have pointed out, 'God's ways are not man's ways.
Sometimes it just doesn't make 'common' sense.
But as I learned more, it began to make 'spiritual' sense.
And still learning forty years later.......

"For God is not the author of confusion" 1 Corinthians 14:33

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

I think the more we "live" our faith, the more our faith "lives" for us and for others with whom we interact .. God's Holy Spirit inspired Word and Truth is ALL for ALL for ALL time .. it is a "living" Word and Truth and the more we learn how to best handle life - in this case, our spiritual life - the "livelier" and "better quality living" we have .. living is not about its quantity but, rather, about its quality .. a short life well lived is much better and of greater value in God's eyes than a long life badly lived .. when in doubt or confused, renew your total "trust" in God and be patient, for in HIS Timing and Way, not ours, He will dispel all doubt and confusion .. don't trust in you or other fallible mankind .. TRUST in God your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to keep you living fully, right, and wholesomely .. I keep saying that when we disobey aka fail to do God's Holy Will and go our own way, we need to repent aka turn back and change our heart back to God's Will and God's Way and in repenting, we confess aka acknowledge our sinfulness and ask forgiveness and all will be forgiven and forgotten and no punishment will be given .. in saying the latter, not only do I mean it as I said it but in openly and candidly and honestly and truthfully acknowledging that we have sinned and what the sin actually is and its gravity, we are doing so to God but not for God but, rather, for us as God will listen and hear all we say and besides forgiving, forgetting, and not punishing, He will use what we say to help us with His ever flowing abundant grace to know better how to avoid such sinfulness in the future .. His grace is like a medicine to help us heal and He as the greatest Physician dispenses it to help us heal but as with all illnesses, we do need to know what is wrong and why, so we can best combat it and restore "life" to its wholesome fullness .. so, repenting is not only needed but a means to understanding our need for help and getting and properly using the help given to help us become fully alive again .. God knows all but we don't, so if we confess and acknowledge and do so in complete honesty and fullness, we shall understand better our need and how to fulfill such need in quality .. 

Just as long as one realizes that “ Repentance” or regret for sins or a sense of shame before the God you sinned against , is a Tool that God uses in His Plan to “ transform us into the image of His Son” There is no problem. If one’s sins start to give Them misery instead of pleasure, there is a good chance that sins will just Kinda melt away......This is one of the ways that God changes our “ wants”.......This is why I do what I want every day.....I don’t WANT to do the things that I used to do.....God changed “ the inside of the cup”.Obedience obtained any other way is wise and will make one “ moral”. God ain’t interested in “morality”.Countless people are moral are are unsaved.God is interested in Faith.If one practices Faith , God will put His Spirit in you and that Indwelling Spirit will change you......your “wants” will line up with His wants.THAT is Christianity. NOT “ sin....lose your Salvation .....repent to get it back.......sin......lose your salvation.......repent  to get it back......sin......lose your Salvation.......repent to get it back.....etc., etc,.......That is viewing the Bible through an Old Testament Lens.......One need to change their Viewing Lens—- we aint under that Old Testament Law that can do nothing but condemn the best of us. Something BIG  happened in the Bible .....SO BIG that it changed EVERYTHING! Because of what Jesus accomplished on the Cross , we have been rescued from trying to use a “ performanced Based Law”, to justify ourselves   before God. The “ N ew and Better deal “ we have now, the New Testament make us “ Justified” because of the Faith we have in the Blood.The Blood Shed by the Only One Who could EVER keep the Law.Repenting Of your Performance and Believing in Jesus and Trusting In HIS performance FOR you is the Repentance That will save you.If you think “ repenting of sins” is what saved you and continues to KEEP you saved, as opposed to God’s Way ( GRACE) , you need to Repent from your false reliance on repentance......NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD— don’t  sing it in  Church tomorrow if you don’t mean it.....it is an affront to God..... 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 12/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, Follower0fJesus said:

Jesus is basically saying he will return within his generation. 

When can we expect this? Several are going around Worthy's site recently with specific dates of the Second Coming. You aren't one of them are you? 

27 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

When can we expect this? Several are going around Worthy's site recently with specific dates of the Second Coming. You aren't one of them are you? 

No, Jesus said even he doesn't know the exact day or hour. 

Which is another point that contradicts revelations: giving exact dates that can be used to pinpoint the second coming. This is why these people have specific dates. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 minutes ago, Follower0fJesus said:

No, Jesus said even he doesn't know the exact day or hour.

Correct answer. Good call. He said this when He had yet resurrected and glorified. Now that He sits at the right hand of the Father, our Saviour is omniscient - not to mention omnipotent.    

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Correct answer. Good call. He said this when He had yet resurrected and glorified. Now that He sits at the right hand of the Father, our Saviour is omniscient - not to mention omnipotent.    

So if he didn't know, why was he giving out time frames?