IGNORED

Do you drink gallon water or plumbing water ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 hours ago, other one said:

Basically the only thing I'm concerned about is asbestos.....  

That would be a substantial concern. Here we have a situation where virtually all gasoline tanks in every service station in our county has leaked petroleum into the ground water. Now, you'd think the faucet filtration devices would take care of the lead as they say, but our gasoline is mostly unleaded now. Not too good on clearing this up at all, and the petrol remains in the water. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

24 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

That would be a substantial concern. Here we have a situation where virtually all gasoline tanks in every service station in our county has leaked petroleum into the ground water. Now, you'd think the faucet filtration devices would take care of the lead as they say, but our gasoline is mostly unleaded now. Not too good on clearing this up at all, and the petrol remains in the water. 

I grew up pumping gasoline....   breathing it's fumes and splashes into your system, absorbing into your skin....    I'm 72 and relatively healthy.   Doctor says he sees no reason I won't make it to a hundred...    so not worried.....     I have also used MEK for years and a whole bunch of really harsh solvents to no avail.....    still not dead and I have reached the suggested age that God says is normal.   I hear that arsenic  can cause cancer, but I have high levels of that in my system from cleaning Xerox printer drums for years bare handed....   and almost no one who worked that job has any cancer in their history unless they smoked heavy and got lung cancer.....    or worked with Agent Orange.    We have tens of thousends of people across the globe who are in the same boat and we have very low cancer rates....   and I'm sure someone will some day realize that and look into why....   Probably because we also have very high selenium levels also....    it's all way too complex to try and define single things that will cause things but there is a lot of money to be made in attempting to do so.

Coffee used to give you cancer and then it got healthy to drink then caused other problems and now is good to drink.....     artificial sugars caused cancer then they didn't...    sun causes cancer but you need it for vitamin D....

It's like the little boy that cried wolf for me.....   I've heard too many things were harmful that turned out not to be the case so I'm not paying much attention to any of them.....   and as long as the expected life of US citizens is so much longer than in 1900 I think people are just researching things to death and causing fears about things that don't need to be.

Like I said we use a Berkey black water filter for most of our drinking water, but it is to filter out viruses and bacteria that can make my wife's M.S. flare up...   if it weren't for that I would not bother with it for the filters are expensive and not everyone could afford them.

• Thanks 1