IGNORED

Are there any Catholics here besides me?

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

a quick reminder .

In case anyone says the word catholic simply means universal 

And that there is no harm in the word .

let me just say this ,    if a man were to accuse me of being gay ,  WHICH MEANS HAPPY ,

I would have to correct that , because today gay is largely tied rigth into the homosexuality movement as a term which adheres to its pratices .

THUS if I were called a catholic ,    DUE to the term is largely applied to the roman system ,  I WOULD have to correct that too . 

Agree brother.  And I want to mention also that many protestant evangelicals are Catholic in their thinking without even knowing it, they are of the same spirit.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

What do you mean?

Paul said that we are to serve in the new way of the spirit not in the old way of the letter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting, I've read through all 14 pages and to me the OP was asking a genuine question, ...he was/is looking for knowledge from the Word, which some have faithfully given him, ...his answers were kind and he has a humble spirit.

And then his thread was hijacked with false teaching...

The Holy Spirit has told His Church that He gives the ministry of pastor-teacher Eph 4:11 "only" to men:

This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)  1 Tim 3:1-5

And...

For this cause I left you in Crete, that you should set in order the things that are lacking and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed you,  if anyone is blameless, husband of one wife, having believing children, not accused of loose behavior, or disobedient.   For an overseer must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not full of passion, not given to wine, not quarrelsome, not greedy for ill gain; 
 but hospitable, a lover of good, discreet, just, holy, temperate,  holding fast the faithful Word according to the doctrine, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and to convict the gainsayers. 
Titus 1:5-9

I don't understand how that can me misinterpreted, especially by all who say they are being taught and lead by the Holy Spirit.

Second thing is, "if there isn't a man then the congregation can chose a woman to be the pastor," ...to me that means the god they are following is not the Almighty God of the Word, ...every "person" who serves in ministry started out as a sinner, ...saved by Grace, ...to say God is impotent and can't train, teach and anoint one of His redeemed sinners to be placed in one of "His" churches as the pastor, ...is inconceivable.

Yes there are churches founded and made by men and they have pastors "anointed" by men, so yes they would consider a woman to be their pastor.

And then there is "the" Church of the Lord Jesus Christ and He is "the" Lord of it and He "anoints" His men to be the pastors.

My Lord is still on His Throne, ...He is still the Head of His Church, guiding, providing and teaching "His" Church.

Also, the Holy Spirit tells "the" Church to be aware, discerning, ...for this will happen at the end and we are "at" the end:

But the Spirit expressly says that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and teachings of demons, 1 Tim 4:1

The Holy Spirit didn't give this to us to "judge" others, ...He gave it to His Church as a "warning," ...this is what we will "observe," ...see all around us, at the end of the Church Age, ...be aware, discerning, ...don't fall for the lies of the devil.

What "He" is saying in "His" Love and Grace is, "If this offends  you, then ask yourself "why" it offends you, ...do some serious soul searching." 

Lord bless

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

No need for calling anyone out .   but let me just say the OH VEY does not surprise me .

If we sit and listen to half the list of names I seen on that list one sent me , NO WONDER they going in that direction .   the whole lot of them is doing the work and bidding of ROME .

Kenneth and many others .     I always love and loved the one who just oh veyed ,  but I always saw the danger he did not see .      I can only pray now for him .    

• Oy Vey! 1

REJOICE in the LORD and in the LORD REJOICE .     Hands up and let the LORD be praised .   

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

8 hours ago, maryjayne said:

How is that different from Catholic? Their beliefs are founded on the early church fathers. What Catholic beliefs do you not agree with?

I am not arguing, I genuinely have not come across this before and would like to know more.

I agree on the Trinity.    Since Luke 1:35 says Jesus was born without sin, Jesus as fully God, there is really no need for Mary to be sinless for the Virgin Birth to be successful.   Likely,  I disagree on Papal Infallibility since, major doctrines in the early Church was by Council which is a historical position.  Acts 15 as an example.   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+15&version=PHILLIPS  But, these are not major theologies.   "

In the Shepherd of Hermas, CHAPTER XII

"First of all, sir," I said, "explain this to me: What is the meaning of the rock and the gate?" "This rock," he answered, "and this gate are the Son of God." ""  http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/shepherd.html   

From the Fathers, we do learn that Peter is first among equals.  But, the rock is Jesus or the Son of God.    All the Apostles had authority   Matthew 18:18.  and John 20:22-23

Ephesians 2:20-22 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
19-22 So you are no longer outsiders or aliens, but fellow-citizens with every other Christian—you belong now to the household of God. Firmly beneath you in the foundation, God’s messengers and prophets, the actual foundation-stone being Jesus Christ himself. In him each separate piece of building, properly fitting into its neighbour, grows together into a temple consecrated to God. You are all part of this building in which God himself lives by his spirit.

Ephesians 2:20 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
20 You believers are like a building that God owns. That building was built on the foundation that the apostles and prophets prepared. Christ Jesus himself is the most important stone[a] in that building.

Ephesians 2:20 Expanded Bible (EXB)
20 ·You are like a building that was built […having been built] on the foundation of the apostles and prophets. Christ Jesus himself is the ·most important stone [cornerstone; or capstone; Is. 28:16; 1 Cor. 3:11] in that building,

When you study Archaeology, Scripture, and Historical Sources  ----  We learn that first, builders dig down to bedrock ( which is Christ ),  Then a Cornerstone is laid down (also Christ).   The other stones are then laid --- the OT Prophets and the Apostles.   When a door is built a keystone is at the top.    

Matthew 7:25-27 Common English Bible (CEB)
25 The rain fell, the floods came, and the wind blew and beat against that house. It didn’t fall because it was firmly set on bedrock. 26 But everybody who hears these words of mine and doesn’t put them into practice will be like a fool who built a house on sand. 27 The rain fell, the floods came, and the wind blew and beat against that house. It fell and was completely destroyed.”

Also, the infallible teachings from the Popes can be counted on one hand.   Some books to read are:

The Development of the Papacy
Hector Burn-Murdoch

The Papacy and the Orthodox: Sources and History of a Debate
A. Edward Siecienski 

The Matthew 16 Controversy: Peter and the Rock
By: William Webster

Norm Geisler has a book too.

There are many books from both sides worth a read.

A quote from the Catholic position of Mary I can find is:

“Mary, a Virgin not only undefiled but a Virgin whom grace has made inviolate, free of every stain of sin.” Ambrose, Sermon 22, 30 {A.D. 388).

I think this is a doctrine that had a history of development. 

Expect our Catholic friends to post quotes from Catholic Apologetic sites of quotes from Church Fathers about Peter being the Rock.    Those quotes are only part of the big picture.

Good Night for now,

Daniel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

To borrow inspiration of a sort from an old line in a  lawyer joke; A  good Roman Catholic can become a Christian, but a well informed Christian cannot become a Roman Catholic.

I truly  do not know if a "Catholic" can be among the saved by the grace and mercy of God alone through Jesus sacrifice at the cross alone, and still remain a "Catholic" once called specifically by the Holy Spirit  to their turning about from sin against God to acceptance of Christ Jesus and receiving the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. 

I hope so, because my own family has much catholicism history. The rosary was recited  by one at  my own front living room window setting three times a day for fourteen years. She was  a bright person, had much to quarrel about with her church, but was loyal to it's traditions even longer than were the priests  of it.

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

To borrow inspiration of a sort from an old line in a  lawyer joke; A  good Roman Catholic can become a Christian, but a well informed Christian cannot become a Roman Catholic.

I truly  do not know if a "Catholic" can be among the saved by the grace and mercy of God alone through Jesus sacrifice at the cross alone, and still remain a "Catholic" once called specifically by the Holy Spirit  to their turning about from sin against God to acceptance of Christ Jesus and receiving the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. 

I hope so, because my own family has much catholicism history. The rosary was recited  by one at  my own front living room window setting three times a day for fourteen years. She was  a bright person, had much to quarrel about with her church, but was loyal to it's traditions even longer than were the priests  of it.

If a catholic truly becomes born again ,   the SPIRIT indwells them .    And rest assured they can have no rest if they are in or practice evil .   THE SPIRIT , as well as men WHO have the SPIRIT , will do all

like did the true reformers to pull anyone out of any danger .

or to quoate James .    THEREFORE brethren to HIM that knows to do good and does it not , to him it is sin .  If they but tasted and were unctioned and then chose to continue in the practicing error ,   Who is to blame .

THEY are .

Folks we must do all now , to convince those in error and dangerous mindsets , Catholicism being ONE ,   to come ye out from among them .   I am sure there are some within the roman church 

that will come to the LORD .  WHEN they do ,  they gonna make an exodus .

The key to any true conversion ,  whether one was in the catholic , Mormon ,  muslim , hindu , or athiest ,    they will not remain in that mindset .

I love the true conversions of muslims .    or of Catholics or any .    You watch there true heart felt testimony and watch how they will for sure and for certain warn against such systems .

Never once letting folks gather in unity in any such mindset which contradicts the truth .       

Be encouraged neighbor .

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

In my church back in the States there was an elderly couple who were truly born again that came out of the catholic church, ...however, they continued to attend the catholic church to witness to all of their unsaved friends, ...as a babe in Christ I questioned that.

Then on two different occasions here on Moorea Father brought, ...first time some born again Chilean brothers visiting on the Chilean Navy Training vessel the Esmeralda, and I felt the Lord telling me to take them home and have dinner with them (and incidentally I don't speak fluent Spanish and they didn't speak English, ...but when we spoke in our native languages the Holy Spirit interpreted for us and we understood one another Acts 2:8), ...and the second time it was a Lawyer from South Carolina who wanted to go hiking, so he came and stayed with me and we went hiking the next day, he was involved in Masonry and I gave him the Gospel and told him what I knew about the Masonic Lodge, he promised to go home and investigate it and three weeks later he wrote and told me he had quit the Masons and was attending a Bible teaching church!

Back to the catholic couple, ...on both occasions I charged food at the store, ...the very next day when I went to the Post Office there were letters from them and they said the Lord told them to send me a check, ...both times the amount of the check covered the food I had charged at the store!

That's when the Lord spoke to me about Naaman 2 Kings 5:17, ...and told me it's not wise to judge His servants.

Lord bless   

• Thanks 1