• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

16 hours ago, K9Buck said:

The Baptists?  Lutherans?  Methodists?  Who please?  Thanks.  

I doubt any is perfect.

49 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I doubt any is perfect.

You and me should create a new religion.  We'll be the first to get everything right!  ;)

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

You and me should create a new religion.  We'll be the first to get everything right!  ;)

That sounds like fun. They could give us a modest income of a few millions dollars a year.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

true .. nothing man-made is true .. only what is God-made is true and that is what a personal relationship with God becomes when we enter such and submit to His working in and through us as only He can do

I cannot resist, lol, that post is man-made, does that mean it is not true? :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Which Christian denomination is true?

It really depends on the person you ask, and their own denominational following. Each one would feel as if their particular church would be the true one. I was born into and raised in one that was a rather primitive evangelical type of denominal organization. They were so hard nosed about their church, they felt as they were the only ones going to Heaven. Very staunch and dogmatic. Thank the good Lord, we as a small family nucleus found this was just not true. What a relief it was knowing ALL those who accepted Jesus as their Saviour and Lord were bound for Heaven. 

:amen:

7 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

a very wise question .. the post was not man-made .. it was woman-made, SOOOOOOOOOO, of course itMUST be true .. lol

touche!

Just now, Omegaman 3.0 said:

a very wise question .. the post was not man-made .. it was woman-made, SOOOOOOOOOO, of course itMUST be true ..

Now, if we were to suppose that that was actually a true statement, then in response to the OP question of which denomination is true, I have to go with the Foursquare Church, an evangelical Pentecostal Christian denomination founded in 1923 by preacher Aimee Semple McPherson. She was a woman (obviously) and a bit of a nut, but that does not make her wrong. She actually had some decent accomplishments in spreading the gospel, and helping the poor!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Now, if we were to suppose that that was actually a true statement, then in response to the OP question of which denomination is true, I have to go with the Foursquare Church, an evangelical Pentecostal Christian denomination founded in 1923 by preacher Aimee Semple McPherson. She was a woman (obviously) and a bit of a nut, but that does not make her wrong. She actually had some decent accomplishments in spreading the gospel, and helping the poor!

AND that "move" came under severe attack eventually too.  Just as so many moves inspired by God have in the past.  We've had a real problem with moves of God getting derailed or curtailed ...but He promised the Body will one day be matured into a complete representation of the FULLNESS of all He is.  And it will....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I liked reading all the pages of opinions on this topic. I don't often respond anymore to a lot of the topics, but it gives me an idea where the culture is with church people. I thought I might try my hand here at sharing my experiences and opinion.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Hebrews 10:24-25, "(24) and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, (25) not forsaking our own assembling together as is the habit of some....".

I've had these 2 verses used against me several times by people who are into legalism or rule keeping, not into love or seeking out God's truth.

What's wonderful for me is I know those 2 verses are for people with a poor heart condition about attending a church assembly, and have unholy excuses for not attending in accordance with God's word.

For over 40 years I went to a church building to worship and raised all my 5 children in a church building all the years they were growing up. I served a lot and was eventually ordained as a deacon and either served in many ministries or led several ministries and did some preaching in 2 different churches, all the while studying my bible and researching the history of Christianity and the history of the bible Old and New Testament. It's been fascinating and opening my eyes journey especially when I started studying the New Testament in the original written language years ago.

For all my years of going to worship I would hear or see things that wasn't in harmony with the scriptures I read, and so in the back of my mind that always bothered me, but life was so busy raising a family and providing for them, that all I could do was file all that away in the back of my mind for a later date as I continued to study when I had the time, usually at work on breaks and lunch, or before bed when it was quiet and I could concentrate.

Fast forward several decades and I'm retired and all that I had filed away and sometimes had the time to write down, I was finally able to begin searching out, always praying for the truth, wisdom, knowledge and discernment (Proverbs 2).

What a beautiful journey I started with the Holy Spirit, always leading me into the answers I was looking for to the questions I had for many decades. I had no agenda but the truth. His faithfulness was astounding and He led me to begin studying in the original language of the bible and that's where my eyes were really opened, and my faith slowly began to change. So here I am 17 years into retirement and my faith is hardly recognizeable compared to my earlier years with the Lord.

What I had seen and heard in my earlier years of faith and questioned, God was faithful to help me understand all of that, and to set my faith and beliefs correctly, making adjustments and changing how I functioned in some area's of my faith, to where I am now at peace where my faith should be, according to God not man.

Romans 14:22, "The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who doesn't condemn himself in what he approves."

Earlier at the beginning, I mentioned Hebrews 10:24-25 about the attitude we should have about attending church from our hearts.

If you have kept aware of what's happening in the church culture in the U.S., you'll know according to a ton of research polls that there is a mass migration and exodus from all the  churches across our country. Some have left the faith completely, while others have left their churches but NOT the faith. Disappointed with the church teaching and doctrine as they grew into the truth, they have left and many are now meeting in church homes or still searching for something more meaningful and authentic.

I'm in the later category. I too have left  and won't return to anything like the first 40 years. I have moved on to a faith that is precious and real to me, and I want to be with authentic people who want to worship in truth and live by GOD's TRUTH in love for God and one another, and the world around us.

This last year has been hard for me as this has been my first year in over 40 that I have been without a church home, but I know how much God loves me, and he will be faithful to open the right doors because He knows my heart, and He will honor my hearts desire to live my faith and my life to honor Him the way He has called me to - PRAISE GOD and HIS HOLY NAME

To answer your original question, WHICH CHTISTIAN DENOMINATION IS TRUE I myself don't see any saving truth in any of the main stream churches at all today.

Because of what is happening across America in churches today, the next 10 years could see a major shift as things continue to snowball as peoples beliefs continue changing.

I even hear the same thought here. God is moving quietly in a mighty way if your paying attention to see it and hear it.

My name is Oligos.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1