• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

How do we get together as a group of Christians and interact online without offending one another? Because it gets exhausting.

By "walking" in the Spirit and NOT in the flesh!

It's that simple, ...however so few understand it.

If we truly understand what Baptism actually is, that is the "key" to walking in the Spirit, Jesus Christ is our federal Head in our new born again, new creation in Christ life. He died on the Cross physically because He was cursed, ...not because of sin, ...but because "anyone who hangs on a tree is cursed." Deut 21:23

Since all of us were in His "loins" Heb 7:10 ...that means we were "cursed" when Jesus hung on the Cross, ...symbolically we "died" with Jesus on the Cross  Gal 2:20 ...that is what Baptism is all about, ...we have come to the "spiritual" maturity, ...a faithful pastor has taught us what baptism actually is, ...we died 2,000 years ago when we were still in the loins of our Lord, ...just like I was in the loins of my ancestor when he came to America in 1690.

Baptism is "my" recognition of my death with Jesus, ...and a "witness" to those watching to hold me accountable that I "consider" or "reckon" myself dead (another reason to not forsake the assembling of the saints, and becoming a "lone" ranger), ...what that translates into spiritually is "that in me, ...in my flesh is no good thing" Rom 7:18

If I truly believe my flesh is "dead," because it died on the Cross with Jesus, ...we will understand that any "fleshly" works, ..."anything" we try to do to please God, ...to make ourselves more "acceptable," ...to try and "accomplish" anything Jesus has already accomplished for us, ...works to "allow" us into Heaven, ...that is our flesh, that is carnal an what ever we do "in" the flesh is done in the "power" of the devil James 1:14-15 and we become our own worst enemy Rom 7. ...Isn't that what all the arguments and disagreements are all about, ...my "opinion" is the "correct" opinion?

The Holy Spirit asks each one of His children, "Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, do you now perfect yourself in the flesh?" Gal 3:3

Walking "in" the Spirit is "allowing" the Holy Spirit to "do" it in our lives, ...by relinquishing "all" authority of/in our lives to Him, ...when we do that from our hearts then He begins the process of "conforming" us into the image of Jesus and the "image" of Jesus can be summed up in one word, "LOVE!"

No matter what situation or circumstance we are in, pleasant or unpleasant ...we look at it in LOVE, ...through the "filter" of Love, the Holy Spirit ruling, reigning and directing our lives from His Throne in our hearts.

From where do wars and fightings among you come? Is it not from this, from your lusts which war in your members? Jam 4:1

"How do we get together as a group of Christians and interact online without offending one another?"

Start "walking" in the Spirit and "reckon" ourselves crucified and dead with Christ 2,000 years ago...

Lord bless

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Godismyloveforever said:

Last? :24:

then there are those trolls that post emoji's non stop on forums and expect you to decipher their intent by them...

;):39::rofl::bighug2:

:sarc:

Just now, dhchristian said:

:sarc:

At least this one spells out the intent of the author. :101:

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

Lol coop those are hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Godismyloveforever said:

????????????

HMMM! The Octopus and camel sneezed an egg and went to the hospital where Mrs. Cow who was abducted by aliens was sad because her pig friend was cooked with an apple in his mouth and made into bacon along with the monkey by these evil aliens.

How's that for interpretation?

Edited by dhchristian
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Godismyloveforever said:

Pretty close.  But horse not monkey.   Oh wait you are correct.  Monkey in horse suit. 

I Was wondering about the Hospital as it also looks like McDonalds French fries, which could change my whole interpretation of the line as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

4 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

I feel very very down and discouraged .

Dear Margo1945,

Well I guess we all can get discouraged.  Also this time of the year, the moral is hard on a lot of people.

I hope you stay.

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

When I think of a troll, it is someone who isn't honest about their views, but only shows up to intentionally cause trouble.  It isn't so much that they have genuinely different and unpopular views, but they will say anything, even if they don't believe it, to stir others up.  Atheists will do that at Christian message boards.  

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

do you always walk in the Spirit or do you give in to sin sometimes .. and if the latter, what do you specifically do about it .. remember, you don't have to sin, so if you do, you chose to do so, knowing that God loves sinners but HATES sin .. 

Do I always walk in the Spirit? 

I find that question very telling, ...I say this in the love of Christ, ...if you have to ask that question that shows you don't understand what I have said.

Let me try and say it a different way...

Do I "always" walk in the Spirit, ...yes I do, ...what that means is I am no longer in "control" of my life, the Holy Spirit is, I start every morning in prayer relinquishing my life to Him, giving Him the "authority" to rule, reign and direct my life, ...every morning I ask Him, "to not lead me into temptation, and deliver me from evil," ...does that sound familiar? Along with every thing else in that prayer Jesus gave me.

That is the born again, new creation me.

However, the old sinful carnal nature me is still alive with the "new" man, and I  "consider" him dead, ...at the Cross with Jesus, does that man sin, ...yes, daily, rarely physically, ...but spiritually in the old Adamic nature.

I sin "less," ...but I "confess" more.  That is the "natural" response the closer we come to God, the more we "allow" the Holy Spirit to "conform" us into the Image of Christ the more we "see" His Holyness as God our Creator and ourselves His "creation."

I hope you can see that.

What do I do when I sin, the "new" born again me "confesses" the sin and I'm forgiven 1 John 1:9 and cleansed.

The old Adamic man is cursed, ...remember, ...Jesus was "cursed" because He was hung on a tree, ...and since I was in His loins, I was "cursed" right along with Him. 

So, since the "old" man is cursed there is no "remedy" for him and one day he will die Gen 2:17, ...the Truth is many are trying to "save" the old man, ...rather than live in the "new" man with the Holy Spirit.

Do I "chose" to sin, very rarely, when I was young in the Lord, yes I "allowed" the old man to "chose," but I have learned the one I feed is the one who is the strongest, ...if for some reason I'm not in the Word, or listening to teachings, I see the old man becoming dominant, ...but when I feed the "new" man with the Word and listen to 3-4 hours per day of Bible teachings the "new" me is fed and the Holy Spirit is "dominant" in my life.

I hope that explains it more clearly...

Lord bless 

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Praise God! 1