• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

41 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Im starting to feel like its risky just to post any more.

I understand that Jade. At times, we have to decide if we need to walk on eggshells, for fear of being misunderstood, or even if understood, will some people be sensitive and find offense.

Do we then, adjust to accommodate a minority, or do we just say it as it is, in the hopes that most will understand, and few will be offended. I do not have an answer. I do not think there can be hard and fast rule that can apply in all cases. Likely, there is someone who will take offence at most anything that can be said, if it has substance.

I think that the reader, bears some responsibility, to try to not take offense, were none is intended. If they are offended, it would be good if they would gin up their courage, and ask the poster exactly what was meant and intended, just so there are no misunderstanding.

Some people, might be so timid, that that is not realistic for them, there are all sorts of people in the world, and personalities and cultures alter who one person will take something differently than others.

Certainly at times, Jesus did not walk on eggshells, He could be rather blunt, and that was not a bad thing.

I think all we can do, is do our best. Before hitting "Reply", reread our posts, and try to think how we might better word things to make the post clearer. We should try to read it, through the eyes of others, but ultimately, I think we can only do so much, and while it is cliche, "What would Jesus do?" might be a valid approach.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

If I said anything offensive to anyone, I apologize. But I am starting to feel anxious about posting anything. I tried to use some humor with a member in this thread (what this person said made me think of my teaching experiences), and apparently that was the wrong thing to do. It was not said out of hate or intentionally being uncaring.

How do we get together as a group of Christians and interact online without offending one another? Because it gets exhausting.

Logging off

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

50 minutes ago, appy said:

No matter how a post is worded, someone will invariably interpret it as hostile. 

I have to say too appy, that in defense of people who have some input in thread moderation etc. it is not possible to get it right. What I notice, is that no matter what I do, it is wrong in someone's eyes. We cannot please everyone. We take solace in this, that there is only One whom we should seek to please, ultimately.

5 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Since @Omegaman 3.0 is here doing it, I guess it's alright. Had enough fun yet, Omegaman? Shall I start reporting posts (including yours) or are you going to let this continue on? 

No idea what you are talking about, but I assure you, you are misunderstanding something.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Margo1945 said:

yes, pleasing God is the ultimate goal .. nice if you can please others, too, some of the time but you won't manage all of the time .. just do the best you can .. 

That was exactly what I was saying, ultimately was the word I chose, because I was acknowledging an attempt, to please others, certainly respect them, but when push comes to shove, we answer to God. Thanks Margo

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/26/2020 at 10:19 AM, maryjayne said:

Yes, there is a log off. Otherwise, every time you come on the forum, your name appears in the chat room list as available to talk.

Okay! Maybe I am finally out of there. I ended up in three rooms instead  for awhile.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488

3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

On the other hand, while it is extra work for me and others who try to manage the forums, I would rather have to deal with "too many" reports, than too few.

Over moderating can also destroy a website, and here is an example of how it begins...

2 hours ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

If I said anything offensive to anyone, I apologize. But I am starting to feel anxious about posting anything.

Though I see the merits of where moderation is appropriate it can stifle conversation if it is used too much for people who are strongly disagreeing with one another. 

Then the whole vendetta reporting is problematic as well.

Another thing you have to be aware of is that people who do not like what you are saying in a certain post will come on your site and pick a fight with another just to get that post shut down, which happened to me early on here, the Argument not having anything to do with the post of mine. (That was before I knew how to report people) 

You all have your work cut out for you, that is for sure, But you can take moderation too far, so don't do that either. 

God Bless.

2 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Though I see the merits of where moderation is appropriate it can stifle conversation if it is used too much for people who are strongly disagreeing with one another. 

Then the whole vendetta reporting is problematic as well.

Another thing you have to be aware of is that people who do not like what you are saying in a certain post will come on your site and pick a fight with another just to get that post shut down, which happened to me early on here, the Argument not having anything to do with the post of mine. (That was before I knew how to report people) 

You all have your work cut out for you, that is for sure, But you can take moderation too far, so don't do that either. 

God Bless.

Thanks for the pointers!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488

Just now, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Thanks for the pointers!

You are Welcome.

“From all accounts, it seems the faithful opposition is reduced to Gideon's 300. The day has arrived for Christians to engage the battle...From now on, true Christians will engage the battle of ideas in academy. The time for giving up ground is over. Now we must fight. We must engage the iblical worldview vigorously in the world of great literature. The greatests wars ever fought in history are not those fought by sword or artillery. The greatest battles are engaged in the realm of ideas”
Kevin Swanson, Apostate

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Wow, nineteen pages of "online troll" talk.

:blink: