Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

It's been interesting to me over the days of the impeachment trial, including the current questions being asked by both sides, and the apparent, to me, redefining of the meaning and application of the Constitution, not only at this trial, but for future considerations, by both sides, which could be a loss to the American people, no matter what the out come is.

I see this incredibly relevent for the Christian culture.

Now I'm not going to go on about this trial and talk about who's right or wrong, but share the striking similarities I see in their opinions and the similarities to the differing opinions of Christians about their views of what Christianity is, and how it should be defined and applied to our own lives.

Over the 40 some years as a Christ Follower and searching out the scriptures as many of you do on your own, I have continually heard and seen an ongoing  REDEFINING of scripture meaning, of understanding, and application, not unlike what I have read in the Old Testament that the Israelite leaders were guilty of for centuries.

As I read scripture, it's one of several reasons that Jesus came to this earth. Yes, He did have several reasons.

The Jewish leaders before Christ came were, over time, finding ways to circumvent specifics of God's message to Moses and the Israelites, so as to redefine God's message and make certain aspects of God's detailed  requirements and commandment that the Israelites and their leaders agreed to in Exodus, when God said to the people through Moses, if they will do all that I require, they shall be my chosen people...and all the people agreed.

But that didn't last very long as you read in the Old, and the beginning of the New Testament, as the Jews repeatedly rebelled against God and violated His commands and statutes.

When Jesus did come and grew to a man, He made an effort to touch peoples hearts and set them straight as to God's laws and commands so that history didn't repeat itself.

Well, here we are, as both sides of congress are trying to redefine the Constitution, and that to me being ASTONISHINGLY parallel, to todays ongoing redefining of scripture and salvation as presented to us, not in man's language, To me...history is repeating itself the way Jesus was trying to prevent at His return and His very relevant teachings.

To me in my studies, the Jews had become legalistic rule keepers, and that's where I see the majority of Christian leaders and Christian followers today. To me, factual thoughts that deserve consideration and study for the sake of eternal life.

Just like the apparent attempt to redefining and diluting our Constitution has been going on, in less tangible and more subversive and less noticed ways, what I see is the same on going attempt and sinister successes at doing the same to the truth of the Lords.

This watching and listening of our polticians, as well as hearing and being aware about how pastors and preachers see their faith compared to others, has become a new interesting stage for me to understand some things about differences of opinions. I hope I'm able to learn more.

My thoughts.

My name is Oligos

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309

Thank you for any responses :t2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Haven't watched nor listened to a moment of the circus at Washington dc. But I think after the clowns all get out of the Volkswagen to begin the showtime there comes the bareback riders in costume on donkeys, some men in tights do a high wire act, and finally the elephants come sit on a stool.

Then after the applause, men with brooms, scoops, and a cart, sweep up the stinky stuff and a new show begins.

I don't know how that might compare to periods of time as revealed in Judges  nor New Testament Christianity.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

The Magical Mystery Tour is going to take you away....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499

On 1/31/2020 at 4:14 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, Haven't watched nor listened to a moment of the circus at Washington dc. But I think after the clowns all get out of the Volkswagen to begin the showtime there comes the bareback riders in costume on donkeys, some men in tights do a high wire act, and finally the elephants come sit on a stool.

Then after the applause, men with brooms, scoops, and a cart, sweep up the stinky stuff and a new show begins.

I don't know how that might compare to periods of time as revealed in Judges  nor New Testament Christianity.

:24::24::red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:  ....so well put..... It is so predictable that we have become cynical and apathetic....even exasperated 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 1/31/2020 at 3:59 AM, Justin Adams said:

The Magical Mystery Tour is going to take you away....

That's kind of funny, but then again it really isn't for it is more than possible for us in the long run.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I
In times past, God sent His prophets to speak unto His people in His behalf [their request,Exo 20:19], and to correct them for they had removed themselves from His grace by denying His word in favor of their own.

Gods word is truth and guidance in righteousness and for the people to utilize it in their daily affairs' kept them in alliance with the Holy Father.

Time after time God had to send His prophets to speak with the people pertaining to their digressions, and time after time He had to take measures in dealing with their stubbiness to promote them into repentance.

The scriptures and history are filled with example after example of the hardships Gods people [and the ethnic nations] had to endure because they preferred to follow their own intellectual desires and beliefs instead of Gods given word. 

For a time they would remember and repent, but eventually they would drift again into their own will and fallibility bringing down the swift judgment of Gods justice against them and even possible destruction for their continued rebellion.

No nation, no people are above the law [Gods law], and no nation can exist in righteousness aside from Gods law as history has recorded even though many nations today still try to promote their own sense of righteousness and judgment as they see it.

Many people live in bondage because of the will of man to rule over them and many abide in harms way because of the evil of men which resides over them and tears down their ability to withstand. 

Only through the will of men [people] to utilize Gods righteousness and truth within their governing structure are they able to withstand the wails of those who would destroy them and bring them into bondage.

Nowhere today in this modern age is their a nation that can resist those who would break its will, dismantle its governing body, and take away its lawful structure of righteousness aside from the United States of America.

Even the United Kingdom has not her glory, but merely a shadow of the grace of which the Holy Father has bestowed upon His champion of the end times. 

In the depths of the scriptures you will find her.

Ever hidden yet, ever present awaiting her moment in the fullness of the glory of which God has given her to shine as a pillar of hope unto a world filled with hopelessness and despair. 

Her beautify, her wealth, her might, unparalleled by any other nation in time or history, for as it is written:

Psa 18:2

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Who else among the nations of the world has designed and structured their governing bodies and their structure of laws to aligned with the laws and provisions of God which affords its citizens the securities, freedoms and  liberties that no other peoples of the earth in time or history has been able to establish.

In her schools, courthouses, institutes of law and government and even upon her currency are the words boldly displayed: In God We Trust

From the bully pit of Washington DC unto the four corners of the world has her might and judgment of righteousness pertaining to all peoples been realized by those who would appose her and try to prevent her stand for democercy.

From the moment that God called her forth and established her in His grace has the world looked upon her with envy.

Fifty was her number [Jubilee] and  her glory is seen from sea to shinning sea, for she belongeth unto the LORD and mighty is His hand raised in her defence.

None shall stay her and none shall overcome her, for her beacon ever shines unto all who would come unto her light.

Now I say brethren.

Should not we learn and understand first the will and structure for this end time as our heavenly Fathers has determined, and not criticize the very frame work that He has established to orchestrate it?

Look closely at those who portray the image of goodliness and where they stand and if thou need to judge, judge righteously as our heavenly Father is righteous.

2Pe 2:9

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

2Pe 2:10

But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

2Pe 2:11

Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

Godbless

JTF 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hello Oligos,  I haven't been watching the trial neither, but only because I think it's a ruse by the Dems to try and hurt Pres. Trump. I did watch both Face the Nation and Meet the Press this past Sunday. When I finally heard what the charges against Trump are I was glad I haven't watched it. Even if Trump made those phone calls and said what he's being accused of saying, it's hardly enough of a reason for impeachment. If our dear Donald doesn't say too many stupid things on Twitter he should be able to come out of this smelling like a rose. IF he said those things, then I agree he should not have said them. Fine him for poor judgment, that might make some Dems happy. But we knew Donald doesn't have verbal finesse when we elected him. He says dumb things. But I like most of everything he's done.

Oligos I responded to you because I'm also spending most of my Bible time in the OT. I'm also comparing ancient Israel to us but on somewhat different things. My studies are telling me that America, if not the entire Earth is getting into big trouble with God. It is amazing how much patience God has. He does seem to have emotions similar to ours but His patience proves He is not human. Let me explain. I've known for decades that ancient Israel was captured by the Babylons to punish them but I was never sure why. I've heard many debates on which sins are the worst and usually people consider murder #1 followed very closely by the sexual sins. And oddly enough, if a person reads through the OT very fast they will keep hearing God talk about prostitution, which makes you think God hates sex sins the most. But when God yells at Israel for their prostitution He's not talking about sex. God means what we call idolatry. And the more I read the OT the more I realize that to God idolatry is anything we love more than Him. In God's mind your brand new sports car can be an idol, it can also be that great piece of beef you love eating. But those are the minor idols. One reason God hates idols so much is because many have spiritual beings (in God's realm) that are the wood & stone idols on our realm. These spirit beings are probably the same ones who made war in heaven against God. They are His mortal enemies so when we show affection for them that angers and hurts God. ... And this is also what ancient Israel & Judea did.

I just finished 2 Kings, again, and over & over the new king that comes to power does evil in God's eyes. Even the kings that are considered the better ones, they don't break down all the Asherah poles so the people continue to burn incense to Asherah and Baal. Often the people also worship God but they still acknowledge Baal & Asherah (plus other gods). This was Israel's terrible sin that eventually got them conquered by Babylon.

And we are doing the same things. Many of us worship the one Sovereign God, but we also love something else almost as much. So God gave ancient Israel several hundred years to change, and in that time He sent hundreds & hundreds of prophets to tell them they were doing wrong. (we don't know who most of the prophets were, the Bible only tells us about the main ones) Some of those unknown prophets were probably just a guy who was harvesting grain with other men, but he told them don't burn incense to Baal or Asherah. No one can say God didn't try.

It is very interesting to compare ancient Israel with us today. It's more than interesting, it's necessary.

God Bless

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 2/3/2020 at 3:50 PM, JTC said:

But when God yells at Israel for their prostitution He's not talking about sex. God means what we call idolatry. And the more I read the OT the more I realize that to God idolatry is anything we love more than Him. In God's mind your brand new sports car can be an idol, it can also be that great piece of beef you love eating. But those are the minor idols. One reason God hates idols so much is because many have spiritual beings (in God's realm) that are the wood & stone idols on our realm.

I love what JTC is saying, as we have to abhor the love and devotion to anything that takes us away from whole-soul devotion to our Lord.  Devoting our talents, resources, time to anything else than to serve God "steals" what God deserves from Him.  What also could be viewed as idolatry is our devotion to our government.  If we spend too much time on these issues (different than simply being informed of current events), then that in itself could be idolatry.  

In the NT, we are reminded that there are the more subtle forms of idolatry. For example, covetousness is idolatry (Col 3:5), since the object of an individual’s cravings diverts affection from the Creator and thus, in effect, becomes an idol. Instead of serving  God in faithfulness, a person can become a slave to his belly, that is, to fleshly desire or appetite, and make this his god. (Ro 16:18; Php 3:18, 19) Since love for the Creator is demonstrated by obedience (1Jo 5:3), rebellion and pushing ahead presumptuously are comparable to acts of idolatry.—1Sa 15:22, 23.