IGNORED

Why angry with God?

Why is anyone angry with God? 

I have many weaknesses and faults but, in all my tough times since i truly became a follower of Christ, i have never been angry with God. My overwhelming feeling is relief and gratefulness that no matter who lets me down or hurts me, i know i always have God to pray to and seek comfort from. I feel awe and respect that the Almighty God cares for me. 

Thus i cannot understand those who say they hate God for all the evil and suffering. The atheists who say this! I am very interested in their views. So are they saying He exists then but they choose to hate Him? If so, how arrogant and what misguided thinking. Or, how can they be angry with a non-existent God? 

Who are we to be angry at or curse God? At best it is futile and impotent. At worst it truly is the most dangerously bad thing one can do for our eternal destiny.

I know people who have cancer or who have ill loved ones who refuse to turn to God. Apparently because they blame Him for our worldly sufferings. So logically, do they think they should be spared? Do they think God singles certain people out for special suffering? So what would the fair way be to mete out suffering? 

I believe we were never promised endless ease and happiness. Life here contains the same chances for all. Bad and good will happen. Some is pure chance, other aspects we can certainly control. Health for instance is greatly a matter of our choices. If a person abuses their body by wrong diet, smoking and drinking, then suffering is likely. 

Why angry with God? I choose to fall on my knees and pray for His help every day. When things go well, i thank Him. I place my hopes in Him above all others. I believe it is a matter of spiritual maturity and true understanding. Which needs painful hard work daily to grow. It involves thinking and facing one's own attitudes. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

19 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I have many weaknesses and faults but, in all my tough times since i truly became a follower of Christ, i have never been angry with God. My overwhelming feeling is relief and gratefulness that no matter who lets me down or hurts me, i know i always have God to pray to and seek comfort from. I feel awe and respect that the Almighty God cares for me. 

Thus i cannot understand those who say they hate God for all the evil and suffering. The atheists who say this! I am very interested in their views. So are they saying He exists then but they choose to hate Him? If so, how arrogant and what misguided thinking. Or, how can they be angry with a non-existent God? 

Who are we to be angry at or curse God? At best it is futile and impotent. At worst it truly is the most dangerously bad thing one can do for our eternal destiny.

I know people who have cancer or who have ill loved ones who refuse to turn to God. Apparently because they blame Him for our worldly sufferings. So logically, do they think they should be spared? Do they think God singles certain people out for special suffering? So what would the fair way be to mete out suffering? 

I believe we were never promised endless ease and happiness. Life here contains the same chances for all. Bad and good will happen. Some is pure chance, other aspects we can certainly control. Health for instance is greatly a matter of our choices. If a person abuses their body by wrong diet, smoking and drinking, then suffering is likely. 

Why angry with God? I choose to fall on my knees and pray for His help every day. When things go well, i thank Him. I place my hopes in Him above all others. I believe it is a matter of spiritual maturity and true understanding. Which needs painful hard work daily to grow. It involves thinking and facing one's own attitudes. 

Sometimes people have come into very difficult times and they blame God. Sometimes they will come out of it and sometimes they will not. I don't think they went into it with any faith or trust in God. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Job 40:1 - Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,

Job 40:2 - Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.

Stern warning there about being upset with the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Isaiah 53:10
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Psalm 22:1
To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Psalm 71:11
Saying, God hath forsaken him: persecute and take him; for there is none to deliver him.

Mark 15:34
And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 23:46
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

John 19:28-30
After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst… 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Because God disobey them.

man-pictures-144093-267072.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

People can have reasons to be angry..often feeling like God wasn't responsive in their most troubling times. Or at all.

Speaking for myself here.

2 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

People can have reasons to be angry..often feeling like God wasn't responsive in their most troubling times. Or at all.

Speaking for myself here.

That is because God knows what is best for us. He sees the true wider situation. Often short term agonising pain is necessary in order for us to benefit later. For those of us who have real faith, all things work out for our best interest. Yet it is hard to bear when we are right in the midst of our most troubling times. Only later we see what the real score was. 

Keep praising God through the good and bad times. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Is it not God in His sovereignty over all of his creation that has made all what they are?

All hate God, except those called by God the Holy Spirit to be turned about from their anger, their sin, against Him to instead be a bond-servant of Jesus who is Lord, God, and savior of all that are to be saved out from the wrath extended to all of fallen creation

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I got mad at him because he would not heal my wife when she started having M.S. symptoms.....    I had witnessed a serious healing of a young girl with a genetic problem and saw it in x-rays and CT scans and it was not just some happening...   it was a serious miracle....    but he would not heal my wife.....    I never told him up to that point he had to heal her for he promised,  but I asked a lot for several weeks.....   finally reached the boiling point one day out in the back yard and to make a long story short I shook my fist in his face and demanded he either heal her or tell me why.    And he did.....     sort of...

Just in a very quiet loving voice not even showing aggravation at my foolishness he simply said, "That is between her and myself, and it's really none of your business."

Well, what do you do with that.

• Loved it! 1