• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

So, are you open for discussion and different viewpoints on the scriptures you quote?

Parables and Prophecies can be open to different understandings.. but scriptures are exactly what they say, and were not to add to or take away. "For He so loved the world He gave His only Begotten Son" isnt open to understandings for example, for none of us, it is exactly what it says, and none of us have authority to add to that or take away from it. It is what it is.  Now daniel chapter 12, we can be open to say "oh I think this maybe how the power will be taken away from The Holy people in the end days" or "maybe this is the Mark of the beast" but Thou shall not kill, is not open to different understandings from anyone, just as many other scriptures.

This is a discussion forum. Are you willing to look at different ways of seeing and understanding scriptures you talk about? 

This is not a place for anyone to issue reports on what their interpretation of scripture is.

Maybe a blog in a different section of the forum would be better for you? Long sermon type posts are not usually put in this part.

You should know that discussions about Torah in Christianity can get intense, as there are many viewpoints on the subject.

And Torah can mean different things to different people, so definitions of what you mean by Torah is a good idea too.

Im simply saying, there is no other understanding of many scriptures, they are exactly what they say, when Paul says I am a Pharisee son of a pharisee, there is no interpretation or understanding needed nor allowed, its not a parable or prophecy, its History.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

“By The deeds of the Law, NO flesh shall be justified”

“ Christ is the END of the Law for all that BELIEVE”

“ Those that wish to be under the Law are under the Curse of the Law”......Of course, if you can KEEP the Law 24/7 every day of you life, this does not pertain to you.No need to entertain the delusional thinking that anybody can keep the Law .Only Jesus could.And you ain’t Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Here is an example: this portion of scripture is not about Gentiles. Gentiles are not mentioned. Gentiles would not be allowed in the synagogue. The scrolls would not be opened before them.

Are you willing to discuss this?

Sure.  vs 21. James points out the fact that The Torah of Moses is preached every Sabbath, KJV:”For Moses of Old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath day.. they wasnt discussing Jews going to learn Torah in synagogue.

Edited by Yishai

20 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Here is an example: this portion of scripture is not about Gentiles. Gentiles are not mentioned. Gentiles would not be allowed in the synagogue. The scrolls would not be opened before them.

Are you willing to discuss this?

Also 13 vs. 16 and 26 also shows it was not just Jews "stock of Abraham" but also Fearers of Elohim, which is what the Converts was called by at that time. Since they was no longer to be called Gentiles, which is can also mean heathen, besides nations and other words etc.

Edited by Yishai

Still no discussion or recognition of my alternative points. I am bowing out. 

Also ch.14 vs 1..I believe, shows in the jewish syogogue that both Jews and Greeks believed.. theres no question about all of that, the first Church was Jews and Gentiles as one Body together as Prophesied by Isaiah.

9 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

The point is that, in your first post on this thread, Acts 13 v 13-15, which I quoted, you said that the gentiles were in the synagogue. They were not. Nor were gentiles in the synagogue of the Jews in acts 1 v 1. 

Gentiles were not in synagogues learning Torah. They are not required to learn Torah, as stated in Acts 15 v 22-30. No time limit is put on this freedom from Torah.

The law doesn't make us righteous. Faith makes us righteous. Romans 3 v 21-31.

Also Romans 4 is even more clear on this matter. Especially the parts dealing with Abraham's righteous before circumcision, and without Torah.

I showed you 4 verses after that 2 in the same chapter, 1 in 14 and 1 in 15, all proving that they was together as one body, counting the verse your speaking about it would be a total of 5 verses, in the same vicinity without going into another study tonight, showing the unity of Jew and Gentile in the first church, and "The first will be last"

This awesome unity is starting to be revived. And is something we all should pray for...a awesome lesson I was Shown about Torah, is what my family member, who is carpenter showed me about making the perfect cut of wood everytime, you make the first cut perfect and put it to the side. Its nicknamed a Preacher, "bc a preacher never lies" hahaha.... Torah is a preacher of False Doctrines, it makes a perfect cut everytime! And it has the awesome power to end Denominations and Join us all together as one Body in The Messiah even with the Israelites. Because it truly was not ever taken away, I believe one verse is all we should need to know this..Mathew 5:17-19.  

Edited by Yishai

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

The Torah is “ weak” and “ beggarly” when it comes to Salvation....One Translation That I Read called it “useless”. Let’s take it down from that Mantle where some want to put it and replace it with God’s  “ New and Better Plan.....The Gospel Of Grace.Get with the times, man.....lol....It could save your Soul ! Obedience to the Torah never will.Unless  you can keep it perfectly .....How”s  “ That” working for you?

22 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

o time limit is put on this freedom from Torah.

The law doesn't make us righteous. Faith makes us righteous

Its very simple, if I was talking to a person about Messiah, and they believed and had Faith I would then hand them the New Testament and say this is your Salvation, Then I would hand them The Torah and say this is your instructions and Law as a new citizen(salvation is the citzenship) then hand the remainder of the Tanach(OT) and say these are the Prophecys. 

Noah found Grace in the eyes of YHWH, Abraham was counted Rightoues from His faith, not his keeping of commands, these two things have always been what Saves people, its just as much of a false teaching to say we are saved by Law, than it is to say its abolished.

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

"the" in front of synagogue, creating the impression that you are referring to early Christian gathering places as non Jewish synagogues. I am not stupid. I know what you wrote.

?? False accusations, I have not even a clue about, seeming angry for no reason at all, possibly take a break a do a few study's,relax, and love.

I love you, and want the absolute best for you as my sister. Im not here to deceive in anyway, just show proof in the word, and not debate, but to simply plant seeds, and if YOU knock it shall be opened, and if you ask you shall receive, Look and you shall find...there is no bad or evil Commandments from our Holy most High Father. Dont fear.  In the first covenant there was no payment for Sins like murder and adultry, we Keep His Commandments bc He saved us from Slavery of sin and bc we Love Him with all of our heart, not for Salvation in anyway.. the Messiah said Not one small commandment or even letter in Torah will pass away until heaven and earth pass away, thats after the 1000 years of peace btw... so your arguing with His statements, not my own.

Everyone be blessed and search for themselves, Love, Yishai.