• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

so, no discussion or exploration of different ways of interpreting what you post?

Bible guy, thats who you were before. I remember now.

No, I was not Bible guy. And my real name is Jesse/Yishai  and I have 3 legit last names haha why does my name mean more than my message. Thats just a distraction. I was not banned ever, I left bc many people mocked God. The OP is full of info about the acts meeting, you brought up one point, I countered with 4 verses, no1 else has said anything else about any part that ive shared about the meeting in acts.  Also note...these "interpretations" are not my own But were Given to me From The Holy Spirit. No internet, no doctrines, Just pure Word and Holy Spirit, I have a 8th grade education, Im not capable of such a clear understanding and truth, so they are not my own.

• Oy Vey! 1

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

so you are writing under inspiration and guidance from the Holy Spirit?

Still no answer on if you are open to discussion and alternative interpretations and learning from us on here.

I did answer it, you brought up a point and I openly discussed your point to do with the acts meeting, no1 else has brought up any further points or questions. 

And ive said, many scriptures do not require interpretations, all the ones of the acts meetings needs no interpertation, its History.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

This is what the bible says about trying to be saved through the laws, and law keeping

Galations 3 : 10 - 12

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”      Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”   The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.

Galations 5 : 2 - 11

Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.  Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.    You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.  For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope.    For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.   You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?  That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you.  “A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.” I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion, whoever that may be, will have to pay the penalty.  Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, appy said:

and law keeping

This is adding to the bible(not allowed) as well, ive stated tons of times about the false teaching of being saved by Law, is just as much false as saying its abolished.

1st john 3:4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

We that have been born and raised especially, but not limited to western civilization are aware of the 10 commandments whether we were brought up in a Christian environment or not. Of course we don't actively choose not to obey the 10 with the possible exception of the Sabbath as folks understand it. Looking at it that way, is the inverse of what our new 'heart of flesh' shows us.

The issue is always where we place the emphasis regarding the principle of Law and the principle of Life. We are taught in the scriptures that He wrote His law on our hearts and that the 'New Creation'--that New Life Nature and the Holy Spirit within desires to serve and please God. If we follow the teaching and dictates of His Life, we will be seeking to please Him. That is the experiential side of our lives since being born again. From our heavenly Father's point of view, we are justified. When He looks at us, He sees the perfection of His Son and His blood cleanses us from all sin. The Father is pleased with us because of the Son. This is the Truth of the work of the cross. The pleasure He has with the Son is passed onto us. The substitutionary work of the Cross covers all the ground that God required. From His perspective, our works of law keeping or being a good Samaritan can't augment the pleasure of the Son. The works that we do that have their origin 'In Him' prepared by the Father do three things. They add joy to our lives, shed light into the world and produce reward for us later on--but do not add to the 'Righteousness  of Christ' that is imparted to us; nor does it 'save us or keep us saved'.

We are children of Abraham, the father of those of faith. We are not children of Moses. The Father through Paul gave us an absolutely wonderful treatise on Law and Grace. Studying Galatians is an amazing experience of clarity. I love what the Holy Spirit says in chapter 3:15 and nearby.

Gal. 3:15   aBrethren, bI speak 1in terms of human relations: ceven though it is only a man’s 2covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds 3conditions to it. 16 Now the promises were spoken ato Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, but rather to one, “bAnd to your seed,” that is, Christ. 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came afour hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. 18 For aif the inheritance is 1based on law, it is no longer 1based on a promise; but bGod has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

It's profitable to unpack the entire letter, but I am thinking of looking at this section.

Paul starts by using a human example of a contract or covenant. He is saying clearly by example that once a contract is ratified, it doesn't get changed. The conditions of the covenant are not altered nor are any conditions added to it. That covenant was made with Abraham and his seed which is Christ and then we who are His by extension. That covenant we know was made by Grace and through Faith. Paul continues and explains that the giving of the law did (does) not invalidate the previous covenant that God ratified. God put that covenant (the covenant of Grace by Faith) officially 'in force' right there at the time of Abraham.

The law didn't alter or add conditions to it and it did not nullify it. In other words, the giving of the law did not do away with, alter, augment, add to or replace the previous contract.

Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness.

Gal. 3:6 just as Abrahambelieved God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

We know the Law came because of transgression and was a tool to 'bring us to Christ',  but once reaching Christ we are the recipients of and included in the previous covenant. Righteousness by faith through the Grace of God, not of works lest any man should boast.

So for us who are born again, we are not under law as slaves, but rather under Grace and a 'New Life' as adopted sons with all of the benefits of that sonship. Paul goes on to discuss the differences in being a slave and a freeman. Bond or free. Hagar and Sarah, etc. Paul goes on to explain the foolishness of wanting to go back to 'law keeping' in place of Grace.

All this to show that we have been set free in order to have the privilege of living by the principle of Life rather than the principle of law keeping.

Gal. 3:10   For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

The tell tale sign that something is amiss is when a believer begins to speak in terms of 'keeping or obeying' the law. The emphasis is inevitably in the wrong place.

We ought to be looking within to Christ and the Holy Spirit rather than outwardly to a list of laws. The first results in Grace and peace and the fruit of the Spirit which fulfills that law. The second results in a lack of ease, bondage and fleshly works. Experientially, these two are worlds apart.

Consider how these two covenants (contracts) are incompatible.

If the Law was never given, would that change the Abrahamic covenant of faith and Grace?

If only the Law was given and never the Abrahamic covenant, where would we be?

We have been given the Spirit. Do we start in the Spirit and finish via the flesh?

It is a very good thing to study Galatians in depth. Our God provided it for us and made these things very clear.

I am feeling that my writing here is inadequate and rather am trusting the Lord and the Holy Spirit, who is our Teacher--to make things clear.

Do we trust Him or do we trust ourselves?

• This is Worthy 1

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:
23 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

so you are writing under inspiration and guidance from the Holy Spirit?

Is this right?

Yes maam, in everything I have been showed in His Word, without a shadow of a doubt, its been truly amazing, and this is just the smaller stuff to do with correcting doctrines, and seemingly its the Time of the Gathering together of the Flock!

Edited by Yishai

image.png.cce017ff55386ed4e838d3e7a600f538.png

Where did I say we were saved by the Law?

5 minutes ago, appy said:

image.png.cce017ff55386ed4e838d3e7a600f538.png

Where did I say we were saved by the Law?

You was correct in this statement "This is what the bible says about trying to be saved through the laws" .. but in this statment you added to the Bible! Big no no.." and law keeping" I then showed you 1st John 3:4 to show you how off base it is to say anything about law keeping, bc that means you condone sin when any1 says that, dont matter if you dont mean it that way, it is still a fact thats what it means when anyone says the Law is done away with or that we should not keep it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

You really should stop this. It is not good for you. @Yishai

I have prayed for you and have prayed that God will stop you. This is no small thing. Do not play this way.

Gal. 1:6   I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Gal. 3:1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

Gal. 3:5   Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abrahambelieved God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Gal. 3:10   For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

Gal. 3:13   Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

36 minutes ago, appy said:

This is what the bible says about trying to be saved through the laws, and law keeping

8 minutes ago, Yishai said:

You was correct in this statement "This is what the bible says about trying to be saved through the laws" .. but in this statment you added to the Bible! Big no no.." and law keeping" I then showed you 1st John 3:4 to show you how off base it is to say anything about law keeping, bc that means you condone sin when any1 says that, dont matter if you dont mean it that way, it is still a fact thats what it means when anyone says the Law is done away with or that we should not keep it. 

Don't put words into my mouth, that I did NOT say !  You personally cannot see into another person's heart and declare them unsaved, or they are condoning sin; or even sinning... your NOT God.  I like most here have NEVER told anyone to sin or that it is even ok.  You just accused me of something I did not do and do not do!!!  There are no threads on this site even telling people to!!!!  Any time someone has asked if it would be okay to do something wrong;   they were always told to NOT do it by all regulars here and why they should not.   

People in general have no business, accusing others of wrong doing,  when they, themselves do not know the people personally that they are accusing of wrong. Or have not personally witnessed the other person doing wrong.  I've often wondered if they just randomly walk up to people in the churches they attend, and accuse them of wrong doing in person like they do on message boards.