• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think it is foolish for christians to NOT be politically involved, at least to a certain extent. Im not saying they all need to get up and run for office or be politically active, but I think they should all be aware of whats going on, and vote at the very least...and make educated votes. Even the Apostle Paul was politically active, Jesus even was aware of the politics of the time and used them to his advantage.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I think that we have a civic responsibility the same as any citizen of the nations we live in. The context changes depending on many things, but I have taken my cue from what Timothy says. I try to vote in such a way that best maintains the freedoms that allow us unfettered speaking of the Truth.

I also desire my children and grand children to live in a peaceful environment.

For me--it is just that simple.

1Tim. 2:1   First of all, then, I urge that aentreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 afor kings and all who are in 1authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and 2dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of aGod our Savior, 4 awho desires all men to be bsaved and to ccome to the 1knowledge of the truth.

1 minute ago, DustyRoad said:

Who are you calling foolish, @The_Patriot2019? Are you in a position to execute that judgment regarding other servants of the Lord? The words of Jesus Christ come to my mind:

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell." (Matthew 5:22)

Be careful of whom you label as foolish. It's a careless thing to do and perfectly illustrates how the cares of this world divide the brethren instead of uniting them. You may keep this perishing world of men and reap your reward from it but as for me, I want nothing to do with evil men and their evil schemes.

no one, specifically. It was not meant as a insult to anyone in general, just that I think it is foolish to at least not be aware of the politics of the day. Like I pointed out even Jesus and His disciples at least knew of the local politics-the apostle Paul was to, and often used them to his advantage to witness to others.

1 hour ago, Margo1945 said:

God's Word says we are not to call anyone "fools" but it doesn't say we can't call others "foolish" .. lol .. 

again, you all are mistaking my intent. it wasnt to call anyone foolish or fools, just that I think that the action of burying ones head in the sand is foolish. I mean weve all done foolish things. It was not meant, in any way, shape or form, to be an insult or an attack.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

God's Word says we are not to call anyone "fools" but it doesn't say we can't call others "foolish" .. lol .. 

Paul called some people “ Fools”........as in, “ The Fool has said that there is no God”.....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's... (Jesus' own words).

Honor those appointed to rule over you... the Apostle Paul

these are civil / civic commands.

In a democratic republic it is our Christian duty to be civic / civil

i.e. political.

The founding fathers of America knew this even though the thought of 

having anything to do with anything as dirty as politics unsettled them.

George Washington shied away from the Presidency but answered the call of

duty.

I believe going off half-cocked  (having only partial information) or going along with the

crowd (as the people did who cried "Crucify him!") is a major part of the problem with politics

because it is the vital tool of satan. Human ignorance, human herd mentality, human stubbornness / pride).

Do the research. Do not fall for subterfuge from either or any side.

Test everything by scripture under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit.

Be sure you are right, then go ahead... Abraham Lincoln