Amanda Frances

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.90
  • Days Won:  64

There is a book out now that is called " A Children's book of Demons".  Our world is getting very dark.  It is for sale even on Amazon.  I wonder if maybe some books like 

The Lion the With and the Wardrobe"  and Lord of the Rings are things we should stay away from.  Many think they are ok .. then came Harry potter many christians think that 

suitable reading too or allowed.  I know they are just books but everything has an influence for good or evil.

“There shall not be found among you anyone who make his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord ….” (Deuteronomy 18:10)

This is God's view. 

What do you think?

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I searched the book up via google. Little book of Demons is one of the many self help books with a catchy title.
Any self help book that denies the existence of God or denies Jesus Christ, is not a self help book. But just a temporary sedation for a truth denying life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

1 hour ago, Wesley L said:

I searched the book up via google. Little book of Demons is one of the many self help books with a catchy title.
Any self help book that denies the existence of God or denies Jesus Christ, is not a self help book. But just a temporary sedation for a truth denying life.

Yeah, it doesn't look like it's aimed at children.

I think the main question to focus on in terms of magic in media is: If the magical elements are clearly fictional, is it still okay to consume the media that contains it? For instance Harry Potter is clearly fictional, and the spells in it are primarily used as tools to accomplish something like disarming an opponent, or spells in games such as Dungeons and Dragons, which act as a way to fight enemies or are used to support and heal your party. Where do we draw the line between using magic in a fictional setting and practicing witchcraft?

I think it's interesting that you bring up The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and Lord of the Rings as C.S. Lewis cites Tolkien's faith as the reason he converted to Christianity.

Edited by Clipper

10 minutes ago, Wesley L said:

Yes and geared to children. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I think the main question to focus on in terms of magic in media is: If the magical elements are clearly fictional, is it still okay to consume the media that contains it? For instance Harry Potter is clearly fictional, and the spells in it are primarily used as tools to accomplish something like disarming an opponent, or spells in games such as Dungeons and Dragons, which act as a way to fight enemies or are used to support and heal your party. Where do we draw the line between using magic in a fictional setting and practicing witchcraft?

I think it's interesting that you bring up The Lion the With and the Wardrobe and Lord of the Rings as C.S. Lewis cites Tolkien's faith as the reason he converted to Christianity.

I messed up it's "Children's book of Demons"  my apologies.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

That does not surprise me. Satan likes to get them when they are young. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Wesley L said:

Thank you that's the book!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

In 1953 they overturned the Witchcraft act in the UK. Since then it became overt and very dangerous.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I think it's interesting that you bring up The Lion the With and the Wardrobe and Lord of the Rings as C.S. Lewis cites Tolkien's faith as the reason he converted to Christianity.

Well I hate to say anything about C.S. Lewis as I have been such a fan of most of his work but I now think it maybe is a mistake to have written it.  (Not that he meant wrong or Tolkien either but sometimes Christians do make mistakes.) That is my opinion now after seeing Christians make excuses for Harry Potter and things ...it could be that unwittingly these were "gateway" (don't laugh) books to other books that are worse???

I don't know just wondering.  

People have to make up their own minds but sometimes it is hard to decide.  But that children's book is a no brainer bad book.