canada

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Are there any here that believe the image of the beast, the mark of the beast and the numbered beast have come to pass?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,954
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Its in the great Tribulation.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

Not come to pass but certainly precedent to the marking with a number or a name.

ISIS fighters wore headbands or wrist bands with the name of Allah. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

8 hours ago, Diaste said:

Not come to pass but certainly precedent to the marking with a number or a name.

ISIS fighters wore headbands or wrist bands with the name of Allah. 

Hey Diaste,

Yes, this is certainly symbolic and a good representation. This is but a small example of where and which biblical translations come into play. These headbands and wrist bands would be a symbol or representation of a mark or symbol "ON" the forehead, or right hand. Most modern Bible translations have "ON" the right hand or forehead. The KJV and older Bibles have "IN" the right hand or forehead. That little two letter word makes a world of difference of what it could be. Which translations are accurate?

24 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Greek is "epi" which is most closely translated "upon". In would be "en" or possible "eis". The problem with the KJV was different usage of the words at the time.

I'm not a semantic language expert, merely just a simple Bible student that uses his resources and other scholars work. By no means am I suggesting I have the correct meaning and interpretation, I rely on trusted scholars. But I'm sure we can agree here on one thing? There's a wide difference and variance between "in" and "on". 

Reading your brief reply, I surmise you're getting your short definition and word usage from 'Strong's Dictionary'? A great resource I frequently use myself but, it's not exactly all entailing and encompassing in its brevity. Strong's number 1909 [epi] for example, has 4 1/2 pages of explanation, usage and meaning in Zodhiates Greek / Hebrew word study dictionary as an example. To be brief; based on my studies and other qualified semantic scholars I trust, I believe the word "in" is the best translation. 

Again, I'm not arguing or trying to persuade anyone of my personal view. But isn't it at least worth discussing and considering, based on the technology we're witnessing today?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

19 hours ago, canada said:

Are there any here that believe the image of the beast, the mark of the beast and the numbered beast have come to pass?

Not me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Its in the great Tribulation.

Your position would be "futurism".

That is one of five systems of interpretation of the book of Revelation.

3 hours ago, Sonshine said:

I agree.  “They” can hold me down and mark me up, tattoo me, insert chips in me, whatever they want, but none of these things can change what I know and believe  in my mind.  ....And nothing will make me worship the antichrist who, by the way, will come at the 6th trump, performing miracles and wonders and saying he is Jesus Christ, come to fly people away.  I’m waiting for the true Christ who comes at the 7th trump, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  It’s what’s in my mind, the Word of God, that will keep me from being deceived. 

We don't have to worry about it though. It's going to be some show of deception that only the elect won't be fooled.

Matthew 24:24 (KJV) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

5 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

No. Strong's is good enough for what it does, but I looked up the verse in the Koine Bible. If I wish to study a word more clearly, I might use Thayer or even Kittle. You are incorrect concerning the Greek word "epi". You have much stronger support in the Greek word for mark, which can easily be translated as etch.

What do I know? I can only form a hermeneutic personal view on what I study and not push it as absolute fact. If 50% of expert semantic language scholars say "in", and 50% of the exact same credentialed scholars say "on". Whom is correct and how do you know? What and how many credential initials do I have behind my name? The only prefix I claim is "Mr.", and initials after my name, "Sr.". 

6 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

A book that might assist you is Metzger's "Lexical Aid for Students of the New Testament Greek". It has a fine Venn Diagram of the Greek prepositions. 

I have several of those aids by different biblical language scholars. Those qualified experts that differ in lexical interpretation on the two letter word we are discussing, how do you determine whom is right or wrong?