SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah my life took a big hit from schizophrenia. I know what its like to have something bad happen to you.

I was normal up until 15 and a half and then i got the illness. One of the symptoms is that i don't talk much. Like 25% of a normal person. Because of this i'm bored sometimes and i can't maintain a girlfriend or friends cos i'm to boring. sign.

However, i'm still pretty happy i guess i just cope well with it. However, it's a horrible illness. Point of me saying this is,your not alone when something turns your life upside down mate, so cheer up.

I have no grudge against god cos i'm still happy. I will forever love and the praise the heavenly father. How can the clay say 'why did you do this?' to the potter.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I believe the Lord is prompting me to update this thread. Not sure exactly why, but here goes:

Random thoughts in no particular order

1.  My wife Linda and I sold our home and moved almost 2 hrs away to be closer to our daughter, her husband and our two grandaughters.  We purchased a new home and were able to pay it off with the settlement funds we received.

2. As is the case in many father/daughter situations, my daughter and I had "issues" - particularly during her late teen years.  (she's almost 36 now).  Suffice it to say - we're closer now than we've ever been.

3. Our 38 y/o son and his wife (both pastors) - though they live a few states away from us now - are closer to us now as well.

4. As a paraplegic (no feeling from mid-chest down) I require assistance - mostly in the morning (3 hrs) and some evenings (an aide 1 night/week plus a PT person 2 nights/week.) Linda (my wife) does the rest (I'm not helpless though.  There are things I can do for myself. And I praise the Lord for that!

As a result of #4 above, Linda and I have begun what my daughter-in-law calls an informal "cross-cultural" ministry.  By that I mean that when Linda and I have our morning devotions and the aides are here, we always invite them to join us (but making it clear that they don't have to if they'd rather not)

Almost without exception, they DO join us.  And the resulting workings of the Holy Spirit are a wonder to behold!  PTL!!

So good things CAN come out of tragic situations.

I'll close  by saying I have forgiven the trooper and I do not harbor any ill-will toward him.  He's still a young man and will have to live with this the rest of HIS life.  If he hasn't already, I hope he finds the Lord

Please keep all of us in your prayers

Blessings, 

-Ed

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 2/16/2020 at 4:54 AM, ayin jade said:

Im struggling to put any of this into words. 

As far as forgiving the cop who caused the accident, all I can say is I know how hard it is to forgive. I also know that sometimes it cant be done without the Lord. When a man murdered my brother in law, I had to call out to the Lord daily to soften my heart so I could forgive. It helped to pray for that mans salvation frequently. .... Taking break to spare a prayer now for his soul. ...

My life changed with cancer. I am not the woman I was before cancer. My faith didnt waiver but my body is not good. I admit to wondering why I am going through these side effects. Wondering how much more I will lose. My feet and hands have neuropathy. My hands dont work as well. Fine motor control is not there. So things like my quilting, playing the harp, even just opening a bottle is a struggle. My balance is off. My feet hurt all the time. I cant sweat any more, so living in the desert I am at risk for overheating. One eye is blurred because I cant produce tears. The artificial tears dont work too well in me. Now my other eye is starting to dry up too. Will I lose my vision? I try not to talk about it. No complaints ... or at least not too many ... but I also am feeling a bit useless these days. I cant really do much. I dont feel I contribute much of value on the forums or in chat lately. I sometimes even wonder if there is a purpose for me any more. 

Well now Ive depressed myself lol. 

Actually my life changed just before cancer too. My husband lost his job for 8 months prior to getting diagnosed with cancer. He was not able to get work during treatment and still cant, not until I can be left on my own. So far, I cant even open the front door of my home. 

Indeed life can certainly change. This is not how I pictured my later years. 

Praise the Lord in all things though. He has done many miracles all this time. Without Him I wouldnt have had the cancer caught until it was far too late. Without Him, I would have had a rougher time. Somehow He will see me through all of this too. 

Oh you sweet soul. Im so sorry for everything youre going through but your faith in your trials encourage me greatly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

On 5/10/2022 at 3:58 AM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I truly believe this to be the case. God must first break you down before He can rebuild you according to His will.

Recently I had my own health issues. At only 52, I developed two very rare autoimmune diseases that almost killed me but the Lord made it clear it's not yet my time. He broke me down quite literally and after two months in hospital I am due to be discharged from rehab in a few days. There was a time during my ICU stay that I received dialysis three days a week for acute kidney failure. Doctors told me to expect the worst but the Lord had other plans for that and now my kidneys have recovered.

Our situations differ in details but we both faced a choice: give in to negativity or double-down on faith by accepting the Lord's will. 

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:9 ESV

It can be difficult to accept that God would allow painful things to happen to us but we must always remember that He has a plan, and that accepting His will -- especially when His will makes no sense to us -- is the highest form of love and devotion we can offer our creator.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, LearningToLetGo said:

I truly believe this to be the case. God must first break you down before He can rebuild you according to His will.

Recently I had my own health issues. At only 52, I developed two very rare autoimmune diseases that almost killed me but the Lord made it clear it's not yet my time. He broke me down quite literally and after two months in hospital I am due to be discharged from rehab in a few days. There was a time during my ICU stay that I received dialysis three days a week for acute kidney failure. Doctors told me to expect the worst but the Lord had other plans for that and now my kidneys have recovered.

Our situations differ in details but we both faced a choice: give in to negativity or double-down on faith by accepting the Lord's will. 

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:9 ESV

It can be difficult to accept that God would allow painful things to happen to us but we must always remember that He has a plan, and that accepting His will -- especially when His will makes no sense to us -- is the highest form of love and devotion we can offer our creator.

What an uplifting testimony! 
During the worse times, I rely on Romans 8:28. It is an emphatic exacting promise. There are times when it is difficult to see how, but we lewrn to trust.

Praise the Lord. God bless you with strength and His Peace.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

On 5/10/2022 at 4:58 AM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I believe the Lord is prompting me to update this thread.

Some of us need to read this, my friend.

I'm one of them.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Some of us need to read this, my friend.

I'm one of them.

Yeah, me too. Counting my blessings.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 5/10/2022 at 5:58 AM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I believe the Lord is prompting me to update this thread. Not sure exactly why, but here goes:

Random thoughts in no particular order

1.  My wife Linda and I sold our home and moved almost 2 hrs away to be closer to our daughter, her husband and our two grandaughters.  We purchased a new home and were able to pay it off with the settlement funds we received.

2. As is the case in many father/daughter situations, my daughter and I had "issues" - particularly during her late teen years.  (she's almost 36 now).  Suffice it to say - we're closer now than we've ever been.

3. Our 38 y/o son and his wife (both pastors) - though they live a few states away from us now - are closer to us now as well.

4. As a paraplegic (no feeling from mid-chest down) I require assistance - mostly in the morning (3 hrs) and some evenings (an aide 1 night/week plus a PT person 2 nights/week.) Linda (my wife) does the rest (I'm not helpless though.  There are things I can do for myself. And I praise the Lord for that!

As a result of #4 above, Linda and I have begun what my daughter-in-law calls an informal "cross-cultural" ministry.  By that I mean that when Linda and I have our morning devotions and the aides are here, we always invite them to join us (but making it clear that they don't have to if they'd rather not)

Almost without exception, they DO join us.  And the resulting workings of the Holy Spirit are a wonder to behold!  PTL!!

I'll close  by saying I have forgiven the trooper and I do not harbor any ill-will toward him.  He's still a young man and will have to live with this the rest of HIS life.  If he hasn't already, I hope he finds the Lord

Please keep all of us in your prayers

Blessings, 

-Ed

This is an amazing testimony of faithful endurance. I'm sure this will inspire others even though they don't know you. Would it be okay with you if I shared this with a group of people in my church?

Gary