• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Part 5

As demons are self & distribute fortunes, leads us on neatly to 1Tim6v9-10

But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Love of money- philarguria- from 2 words, philos from phileo, means to like or have affection for, fond of friend. Arguros- silver or shining, (where argue comes from, shining above others). Love of money is the devil's doctrine (distribute fortunes). Death to self daily is God's doctrine.

Prosperity preachers, like Kenneth Copeland & many others, take money from the poor, saying God will reward them hundredfold. Most of these people have private jets & palace type homes. To prosper- eudoo is from eu- well & hodos- way, well way, which is the narrow way, & Yeshua is The Way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I agree—-the enemy is given far too much credit and it has come in many different forms since I have been here.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Satan and devils and evil spirits are in the bible.

Should we not teach about it ?

We are not to be ignorant of his devices. 2 Corinthians 2:11
11  Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

some do not believe that their is an outside being call the devil, they believe it is us.

so why put on the whole armor of God ? what does it say.

The bible seem to want us to know about our enemy, not to have friendship with darkness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

13 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Satan and devils and evil spirits are in the bible.

Should we not teach about it ?

We are not to be ignorant of his devices. 2 Corinthians 2:11
11  Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

some do not believe that their is an outside being call the devil, they believe it is us.

so why put on the whole armor of God ? what does it say.

The bible seem to want us to know about our enemy, not to have friendship with darkness.

Sadly, the church at large has been poorly taught. Probably due to Augustinian doctrines.
We do need to know about this beaten foe and I strongly suggest to all to read Dr. Heiser's, Unseen Realm. This will give scriptural perspective and will arm us well to be able to understand the supernatural realm. Also Heiser's book Reversing Hermon will shed much light on this subject.

The Deuteronomy 32 worldview will equip us and allow us to really get to grips with the various spirit adversaries and how and why they operate. haSatan (the deceiver) is mentioned many times in scriptures and Satan (proper noun) or the Nacash is mentioned in the new testament as Satan and in the Tanakh as the deceiving serpent figure in Gen 3.

Dr. Heiser's many good lectures can be found on YouTube.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 2/16/2020 at 10:42 PM, Yeshua153 said:

Demons & devils seem to be interchangeable, gods who distribute fortunes.

I'm not sure what you mean by interchangeable. Demons, evil spirits, and devils are the same thing. What they do is cause misfortune, chaos and havoc. Nothing fortunate about what they distribute. These are minions of Satan and are about at his bidding. Oppression and especially possession of evil spirits are one of the most horrible occurrences a human being can experience. 

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm not sure what you mean by interchangeable. Demons, evil spirits, and devils are the same thing.

If you have a strong concordance, using KJV, you won't find demons in the alphabetical word listing, but if you have an NKJV bible, where devils are, they put demons instead, that's what I meant interchangeable.

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

What they do is cause misfortune, chaos and havoc. Nothing fortunate about what they distribute. These are minions of Satan and are about at his bidding. Oppression and especially possession of evil spirits are one of the most horrible occurrences a human being can experience. 

As you know, sin is made up of 3 things, lust of eye, lust of flesh, & pride of life. Extremes of self can lead to obsession, wanting more. At the less harmful end of this could be music. I don't know you, but I do know you like all kinds of music, like I do. I saw a Rush documentary, with fans that  travelled the world, having seen them in concert 100-200 times, along with all the merchandise, that takes up huge amount of time & money, that could be obsessive. I'm old enough to remember Beatlemania, where girls passed out, with all the madness & screaming, that can send them crazy. There are all sorts of mental & physical types of diseases stemming from loss of self-control, like schizophrenia, bi-polar, etc, & some people get through form of disability, like autism & asbergers. Like I have said, disease comes from not being at ease with yourself, or not able to handle what life throws at them. 

Christians have a gradual cure for all this, when we add to our faith 7 things in 2Pet1v5-7

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 

Self-control can stop a lot of what leads to the harmful side of 'wanting more', like conflict & war, serial killers, & individuals shooting & stabbing random people, suicides of all kinds. Your 'oppression & depression' stems from a lot of all this, at least we can be thankful we have a God who can combat all this, the world does not, so manic behaviour will be out of control for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Satan does not go about in a red outfit, with horns & a tail, he comes in the pulpits, with a shiny suit, whitened teeth, speaking smooth words, much like he did in the garden, with Eve, saying God does not mean that, you can have 'all that is the world' & the rest is history. I'm sure many of you have leaders like that, remember their only men, with a view on what they think the Gospel is. Don't believe anybody, including me, find out & study yourselves, we have more resources now, than any previous generations. Josh1v8

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.