• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Amigo42 said:
When do you all think Christ will return? 

At the 7th trump at the end of the 7yr trib. After that, into eternity, no 1000yr after. We are in the millennium, & have been since Acts2v17. The last days (last 2000yrs), have been since 33AD, & with changes to calendars, we could be 4-17yrs out, meaning we are actually now between 2024-2037. It would be fitting as our God of order & mathematics, that we have 6000yrs (6days) of man, with the 7th day of rest, being eternity.

I know of all the dispensationalist views, but I believe satan has already been released, in the last 20yrs, at least, as Rev20 says. Folks are going to say but it says 'after', but that would make no sense, as sin & death will be no more, so it really mean, as the 2000yrs are ending, satan has one last go at deceiving the elect. the cup iniquity is filling up fast, with the same 4 judgements there has been since Leviticus, sword, famine, pestilence & beast. the pestilence includes Corona, the beast is the 2nd Babylon, which is the self system, as the 1st one was destroyed in the 6th century BC, Yeshua will come back, & end that! Rev14v8

Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

I was right he did not return on the 22

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

5 minutes ago, Daniel Marsh said:

I was right he did not return on the 22

Well, did you factor in leap days, leap years, the time the Earth shook from the tsunami some years back that affected the axis? The real 22nd may not happen for another three week or tomorrow, or in three minutes. Humans have no exact measurement of time. Just estimation. So, who knows when the real February 22nd was or will be here.

Mind boggling.

• Haha 1

Ah sure, that's right,  I did all that.  I even counted the zero year. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/19/2020 at 10:13 AM, Amigo42 said:
When do you all think Christ will return? How much time do you think there is till the end. I believe the end is very near, maybe 100-500 years. The Bible in Daniel says that in the last days "knowledge shall increase and people will run to and fro throughout the earth(Daniel 12:4). There has not been a time in history where human knowledge has expanded like this. In the last 200 years humans literally from horse and buggy to the moon.

Since you are just looking for opinions, this decade, but only God knows for sure.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This question is sobering. 

The exact date and time of his return is not something that concerns me. I am concerned by the many days of my life that I waste forever. Perhaps Jesus won't return during my lifetime, but at the end of my life he sure will stand in front of me, and as my life flashes back between us I hope it will bring a smile to his face. I'm still a work in progress, and will remain until my dying day. I hope to waste less and less time on the temporary things the more I grow. 

Edited by Feather
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

both

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 2/19/2020 at 7:13 AM, Amigo42 said:
When do you all think Christ will return? How much time do you think there is till the end. I believe the end is very near, maybe 100-500 years. The Bible in Daniel says that in the last days "knowledge shall increase and people will run to and fro throughout the earth(Daniel 12:4). There has not been a time in history where human knowledge has expanded like this. In the last 200 years humans literally from horse and buggy to the moon.

Well I don't know if we actually went to the moon lol. That's debatable.

I don't consider 500 years off to be "very near." Where are you getting those dates from? Pure speculation? 

As far as knowledge increasing, average IQ's are dropping for the first time in recorded history. 

Also, a lot fewer people actually run these days. Most drive or take some other form of motorized transportation. So, basically everything you wrote in your post is wrong.

What difference does the date of return (if any) matter anyway? God is omnipotent. Why would God need to walk the earth to perform his miracles?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

"When do you think Christ will return"

As others has said quite well, the time and location is not as important as the certainty and the continued signs mentioned in scripture how retched the world grows under the control of the deceiver.

The oft referenced scriptures need to be made an active part of our thinking.  Consider what God has told through the centuries as you anchor this wisdom in your hearts:

Deuteronomy 18:20: "But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’    You may say in your heart, ‘How will we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?’    When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him."

Proverbs 16:4 "The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble."

Jeramiah 23:20: "The anger of the Lord will not turn back  Until He has performed and carried out the purposes of His heart;
 In the last days you will clearly understand it.   “I did not send these prophets,  But they ran.  I did not speak to them,  But they prophesied.
 But if they had stood in My council,
 Then they would have announced My words to My people,
 And would have turned them back from their evil way
 And from the evil of their deeds." ...

v32 "Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams," declares the LORD, "and related them and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit," declares the LORD."

1 John 4:1-6 "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them."

Matthew 24:3: ""the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you.   For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.   You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.   For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes.   But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.
   Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.   At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.   Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.   Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.  But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.  This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." ... v17: "Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get the things out that are in his house.   Whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak.   But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!   But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath.   For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.   Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short."

v24-28: For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."

Romans 16:1: "Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.   For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting."

First Thessalonians 5:1 "Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.   While they are saying, 'Peace and safety!' then  destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.   But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief;  for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness;  so then let us not sleep as  others do, but let us be alert and  sober.   For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night.   But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation."

Colossians 2:2: "...that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself,   in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  I say this so that no one will delude you with persuasive argument... v8: "See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ."

2 Timothy 3:13    "But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived...
 v16: "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

Dear Jesus, may we cling to the wisdom of your words to us which you so faithfully preserved that we would not be blown by the winds but be part of the rock foundation with the "Chief Cornerstone"  And know how to answer for our faith using Your infallible words."

• Thumbs Up 1