• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, Debp said:

I am one of those senior citizens without family to check on or help me.

I am learning to shop with Amazon prime, getting groceries and supplies that way. No going into stores at all. Of course I kind of wonder how long  it will take to use up the case of oatmeal  we bought this week, or for that matter why I even selected  a case of oatmeal. Must have seemed like a bright idea at the time. Both  of us are way sick right now, so we are depending on Amazon. Looks like it will work out better than the usual running up and down food aisles anyway. Perhaps especially well if retail shelves are not stocked up.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

I had only been saying about this the last few days. TV hasn’t mentioned to check on your neighbours, which is what they normally say when there is extreme weather forecasted. But there has been nothing mentioned during this crisis.

In fact, we have seen the opposite of caring and sharing for each other’s welfare in the media, i.e; the video clips of people fighting over panic buying.

Let’s remember that we are no longer of this world, but are citizens of Heaven. So, let us check on the elderly and those we know who struggle. Make sure they are ok and have enough supplies.

They may also be feeling lonely and frightened, especially if they have been regularly following the News. So a cheery chat with them will probably make their day. And a great opportunity to witness about the Lord Jesus and the gospel message from the bible.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

35 minutes ago, appy said:

easy for seniors to get open, as a lot of them have arthritis in their hands.

Yep!!! I think myself still pretty strong, and I am, but nonetheless right now I cannot open a bag  of chips even, nor my medication for whatever it is I have. It came in a container that I wrestle through the night with. I forgot to ask for an easy open container.

What with  the fingernail removed and the end of one index finger having been sliced open to the bone, a cancer removed, and then sewn back up like a turkey dinner I am very limited in opening cans and jars. And chip bags- no way except to knife them.

Maybe time for one of them long water fasts, well long as I use tap water for I can't get the dang caps off the water bottles. Guess I could just stab the bottles.

And when I cough, or woe if I sneeze, with the bandage pack on my nose from that skin cancer removal. Don't touch your face, yeah sure.

I got an itch, a runny nose, plus it is also stuffed up at the same time, go figure that one, I can't breath except with my mouth open, so I have a sore throat.  And there is a what, a pandemic and a quarantine, no games to watch,  no places to go. I can't get to my radiologist to have my back injected to kill the back, shoulder ,and arm pain.  

No church tomorrow except online, well okay I'm down with that. I have lots of time to watch and  then watch a couple more and do a study and have lots of good prayer time too.  

All I have is a few very minor inconveniences, imagine how difficult it might be for those with  serious issues to contend with  right now.   Especially for so many young school kids that rely on their school breakfast and lunch program for their comfort and nutrition. I am so glad to hear both  USA political parties working together  on at least that one.

Regardless of the day's adventures, it all works out. God is good. He makes it all work together for good for those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and savior. I think we get to see some good happening in the midst of a bit of a hard time too. That's pretty nice.

• Praying! 4