• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,954
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

47 minutes ago, other one said:

That does bring up another question though.....   what if someone comes in and demands your food and necessities....   what does one do about that....   and I am truly torn by that question on a spiritual level....

Give a small qty n ask him to seek other houses, so u don't hv to beg as well, we are only human, we cannot rain down whole  people with grain n fish n beer, only God can rain down Manna n  birds meat for whole nation  if He wish.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Taranis said:

If you have Proof saying they stopped this, I would see it.

No, you have to show the proof they do it.  If twenty people here say they do it then I may think differently and then write a letter.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Taranis said:

I think EVEN TODAY Amtrak is allowed to Flush on the Tracks.

If you have Proof saying they stopped this, I would see it.

I use to work in the Tug Boat industry, We had to have special equipment to treat waste water before release.

I do not think Amtrak does.

Well, it turns out you are right.  I just read an article that corresponds to what you said.  Here is it.   Learn something everyday that took for granted.

The article is from Wikipedia

Hopper toilet[edit]

The traditional method of disposing human waste from trains is to deposit the waste onto the tracks or, more often, onto nearby ground using what is known as a hopper toilet. This ranges from a hole in the floor to a full-flush system (possibly with sterilization). The hole in the floor (also known as a drop chute toilet) system is still in use in many parts of the world, particularly on older rolling stock. The principal disadvantage is that it can be considered crude or unhygienic and dangerous to health and the environment – it litters the railway lines and can convey serious health risks when the train passes over or under a navigable waterway. Passengers may be discouraged from flushing or using toilets while the train is at a station or standing at a red signal. To enforce this limitation, toilets may be automatically locked when the train pulls into a station or stops at a red signal. In the United States, railway employees were required to lock the toilets closed whenever a passenger train stood in a station or at any other location designated by instructions in the timetable. Toilets would promptly be unlocked upon departure.

Properly-designed drop chute toilets will draw air like a chimney, pulling air through the lavatory door vents and down and out through the toilet, reducing odor.[1] Hopper toilets are similar to old-fashioned sea toilets in that they release the excreta directly to the environment, untreated.

In the UK, at the end of 2019, hopper toilets on timetabled passenger services remained in use. A plan to protect all rail workers and reduce public health risks was delayed with several operators applying for waivers.[2]

Edited by warrior12

11 minutes ago, Taranis said:

How do YOU wash your bottom at this time after you have gone number 2?

I am sure you are a redneck from a mining town.    This thread is not going down that road, stay on course brother or geedeup :horse:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

The shelves are empty in my area, people have completely freaked out. There are some of the more high-end groceries that still have quite a bit in stock (not TP, cleaning items, wipes). I keep my pantry pretty well stocked anyway (I'm a couponer/bulk buying penguin) so I'm not overly worried. I do wish I'd bought more Lysol though .... 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

I drive a truck all over this great country. I only can park at Walmart’s, but toilet paper, paper towels, vitamin c, beans, bread , milk, and water are in low supply. Some meat. Everything else is plentiful. I don’t understand the toilet paper craze. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I am frightened. Same happening here. I am praying daily that the government takes control before things spiral further. 

I have stocked up reasonably over some weeks but others did not. I have isolated us, just me and my husband. But i go to care for my elderly ill parents. Will they survive? I pray so. 

Let us pray that it will all be all right. Peace shall be restored. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

What did mankind do when raising babies before Pampers? 

Same can be done for oneself. Use a washcloth  put the used washcloth  in a covered container. Then wash the wash cloths just like families did with cloth diapers for perhaps centuries.

If one has a little money  to buy a bidet or a bidet toilet seat consider that. Many disabled individuals have and use them. prices range from $60 for what is really a shower wand to $1300 US$ for a Kohler bidet toilet seat. 

If desiring new bed sheets buy some an dtear the old ones into strips. Throw used strips away or wash them, don't flush them.

-------------

As to store supplies there are shortages, locally  at the Suncoast of Florida ( Tampa Bay) much of it being a lack of drivers to run the trucks from wholesalers to the retailer. The provisions themselves are in route.

-------------

Cheerios may be in short supply but what of oatmeal. I received a case of oatmeal ordered online.

I make oatmeal then I use the left over to fry up along with eggs. BTW eggs can be frozen, even  in the shell, I have done that. Give it a test sometime. I simply slow boiled them.

---------------

Some really good attitude adjustment advice was given online yesterday at the worship service time at Calvary Chapel  Murphy  N.C. I was curious as to what  is going on in mountain areas so I tuned  to their service online. It is still available online. It has helped me kind of reset my own thinking.

I did get a kick out of how humor was injected into the presentation between 15 minutes into it and to 20 minutes regarding toilet paper and people's concern about funding of church  itself. It gets funnier again after that too, with humor  to make a point about our service to our lord and how we might act right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Santa Barbara California is having a run on toilet paper  and food staples too. One package only for each person seems to be the rule and yes shelves emptied.

Just like the 1973 toilet paper shortage.

I suspect there will be full all out panic today after the various State governors issued their own State of Emergency rules for their respective States. Califonia seemingly having issued the most disruptive sets of rules that I have heard of so far. Actually  North Carolina as explained to the church yesterday that I mentioned already is pretty extensive.

Time to be a light, all of us be a light and do not hide that light nor it's source within each of us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1