IGNORED

Coronavirus/Possible Depression=Prophecy?

Mystic_Pizza

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I'm curious, what does everyone think about this whole situation with the coronavirus, and the effect it is having not only worldwide, but also the fallout and repercussions for the economy and ...well, pretty much everything in our modern world?

Since I don't necessarily go into deep, esoteric detail about bible prophecy and my thoughts turn more to the simpler explanation of things...I'm thinking about the fact that the antichrist will come on the scene and sort of...'fix' a world gone mad and chaotic. I want to say also, that there could be some bible verses regarding antichrist that say he will come during a time of peace, but to be honest, right now I don't recall which way it was supposed to go.

ANYway....

Do you believe that this entire worldwide situation could be setting the stage for antichrist to step in and 'right things', as it were? Do you think this could possibly be the vehicle that would bring him to the world stage? I ask because in my lifetime, I can't recall ever hearing of anything quite like this, or seeing things this bad- of course, there are all the prior things that have happened- WW2, and all sorts of other horrific happenings- but this seems a little different, only in the sense I suppose that it is, literally, worldwide-and because we live in a world where we 'travel to and fro' and technology has become so advanced to quote Daniel in there somewhere-I wonder if the stage is being set for what every Christian since the beginning of Christianity has been watching and waiting for. 

Thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I read that we were not able to pay off our due debts last month and no one other than the Federal Reserve wants to loan us money....   

I do believe that this virus and the effects it is having is going to push us over the edge forcing us to do something about a defunct economy system....    kind of like having babies in that it will hurt a lot for a short time but life will carry on after and we will have to adjust to a bit less in government programs that we won't be able to afford.

And it will depend on whether Donald J Trump wins the November election, or the deep state takes back over.....    either case the dollar is not going to be the thing it was and that will either be a super thing or a total disaster...    Freedom or UN slavery....   that's what this election is all about.

Was the virus put out to help keep the President from winning......     don't know....    China has a very good reason for it to have gotten out within their own government problems.

Then again, about ever 100 years we have these virus/bacteria bugs break out so it may well just be a natural thing or something the Lord lets the devil do to harass humans....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

I'm curious, what does everyone think about this whole situation with the coronavirus, and the effect it is having not only worldwide, but also the fallout and repercussions for the economy and ...well, pretty much everything in our modern world?

Since I don't necessarily go into deep, esoteric detail about bible prophecy and my thoughts turn more to the simpler explanation of things...I'm thinking about the fact that the antichrist will come on the scene and sort of...'fix' a world gone mad and chaotic. I want to say also, that there could be some bible verses regarding antichrist that say he will come during a time of peace, but to be honest, right now I don't recall which way it was supposed to go.

ANYway....

Do you believe that this entire worldwide situation could be setting the stage for antichrist to step in and 'right things', as it were? Do you think this could possibly be the vehicle that would bring him to the world stage? I ask because in my lifetime, I can't recall ever hearing of anything quite like this, or seeing things this bad- of course, there are all the prior things that have happened- WW2, and all sorts of other horrific happenings- but this seems a little different, only in the sense I suppose that it is, literally, worldwide-and because we live in a world where we 'travel to and fro' and technology has become so advanced to quote Daniel in there somewhere-I wonder if the stage is being set for what every Christian since the beginning of Christianity has been watching and waiting for. 

Thoughts?

I believe this is a stepping stone for what is next to come. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I believe this is a stepping stone for what is next to come. 

I believe that, as well.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

ANYway....

Thoughts?

Absolutely! The stage is being set and the first "birth pangs" are starting to appear. I won't give a diatribe on global, and in particular economic dishonest and greedy weights and measure systems; other to say that it's not built on a firm foundation, and the house of cards is destined to fall shortly. Few try to imagine the implications and consequences of being in 20 trillion dollars of debt, and that doesn't include private debt; or our system in measuring "growth", a debt based system [the more we're in debt, the healthier we are]. The U.S. has been bankrupt and insolvent for years and the Piper needs paid anytime now. 

Things are getting worse and worse, Europe is now screaming for a savior to fix their economic and migration woes. Countries credit rating are plunging and headed for bankruptcy, I believe Jordan has just declared bankruptcy? When men's hearts fail them for what fear is coming upon the earth [on a good start now], they will cry out for a savior to fix these problems [but not Jesus Christ]. 

I believe things are going just as the Lord has planned them, and eyes are being opened to the fact that biblical prophecy is now coming alive and birth pangs have started. Not only with this first pestilence, but the convergence of "everything" prophetic occurring. 

It's my personal belief the Resurrection / Rapture is the trigger that unrestrains Satan and sets the final stage for a global government and is ripe for this savior of the world. I also believe there has to be an unspecified period of time between the Harpazo and introduction of the Son of Perdition. To recover, establish and implement the New World Order before the official start of the tribulation when AC confirms a covenant. No one can dispute we now have the technology and means to put into effect right now, everything listed in Daniel and Revelation; from controlling and tracking all buying and selling, to 'man' making the image of the Beast [artificial intelligence, robotics, nano technology, etc.].

If this generation is seeing all these things, this generation shall not pass. How close are we to hearing a Shout and the voice of the Archangel? I suspect close, very close...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

4 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

ANYway....

Thoughts?

I see no definitive indicators yet. Jesus gave us definitive indicators in Matthew 24, for instance (specifically the occurrence of the abomination of desolation). The thing with stuff like this, general pestilence, etc., is that it could absolutely be an image or a type of what is to come, but that what is to come could still be 5 years away... or 500. We do not have a context for this as a plague because in our lifetime it's never happened. The black death wiped out half of europe though, for instance. On a historical timeline there are plagues that have happened that really overshadow this one (at least the manifestation of the virus thus far).

The main difference is that now economies are *artificially* shutting down in an attempt to contain the virus. We weren't capable of doing that before because agrarian economies in non-democratic societies functioned far differently and most plagues have occurred under those conditions. Also, there was a general lack of understanding about how disease spread. 50+ years ago, I think the virus would've spread through populations the way viruses do and economies would've collapsed on the back of it. Economies are not collapsing so much now as they are being paused. This has basically never been attempted and it is certainly going to result in pain, but the fundamental difference is that there is an understanding that it is happening as it is happening rather than what usually happens, which is that it's been happening for six months before almost anyone realizes it. I don't know how significant that is, but it is worth noting.

The only real specific prophecy (to my limited knowledge) this could be fulfilling (or perhaps beginning to fulfill would be a better term) is the third and fourth seal, but the four seals combined result in a 25 percent reduction in global population. This does not seem to be close to that. The spanish flu pandemic, combined with world war I, and the famine that accompanies both pestilence and war, all occurring simultaneously in early industrial societies, in a vacuum, followed a lot closer to what you'd see in Revelation 6 (and I think we would all agree those were not the seals opening). I would expect it to at least be as bad as 1918 (but really a lot worse) before I became concerned that actual apocalyptic prophecy was starting to play out. Having said that, and as I noted above, this could certainly be a glimpse or the equivalent of a partially exposed negative of what is to come one day (and I do personally believe sooner rather than later).

On 3/17/2020 at 5:39 PM, Steve_S said:

I see no definitive indicators yet. Jesus gave us definitive indicators in Matthew 24, for instance (specifically the occurrence of the abomination of desolation). The thing with stuff like this, general pestilence, etc., is that it could absolutely be an image or a type of what is to come, but that what is to come could still be 5 years away... or 500. We do not have a context for this as a plague because in our lifetime it's never happened. The black death wiped out half of europe though, for instance. On a historical timeline there are plagues that have happened that really overshadow this one (at least the manifestation of the virus thus far).

The main difference is that now economies are *artificially* shutting down in an attempt to contain the virus. We weren't capable of doing that before because agrarian economies in non-democratic societies functioned far differently and most plagues have occurred under those conditions. Also, there was a general lack of understanding about how disease spread. 50+ years ago, I think the virus would've spread through populations the way viruses do and economies would've collapsed on the back of it. Economies are not collapsing so much now as they are being paused. This has basically never been attempted and it is certainly going to result in pain, but the fundamental difference is that there is an understanding that it is happening as it is happening rather than what usually happens, which is that it's been happening for six months before almost anyone realizes it. I don't know how significant that is, but it is worth noting.

The only real specific prophecy (to my limited knowledge) this could be fulfilling (or perhaps beginning to fulfill would be a better term) is the third and fourth seal, but the four seals combined result in a 25 percent reduction in global population. This does not seem to be close to that. The spanish flu pandemic, combined with world war I, and the famine that accompanies both pestilence and war, all occurring simultaneously in early industrial societies, in a vacuum, followed a lot closer to what you'd see in Revelation 6 (and I think we would all agree those were not the seals opening). I would expect it to at least be as bad as 1918 (but really a lot worse) before I became concerned that actual apocalyptic prophecy was starting to play out. Having said that, and as I noted above, this could certainly be a glimpse or the equivalent of a partially exposed negative of what is to come one day (and I do personally believe sooner rather than later).

Hi Steve,

We have our own thoughts, views and hermeneutics; only our Lord knows the beginning from the end. I'll speculate with these thoughts and ask your opinion; it's just something I've considered.

As Christian's, it's my belief we are not appointed to God's wrath and "THE" tribulation; though we are appointed to tribulation in this world. I can find no evidence the seal judgments of Revelation Chapter 6: must be contained and confined to the beginning of the tribulation? It's clear to me the Rapture of the church does not mark the beginning of the seven year tribulation; that the confirming of the seven year peace agreement with Israel and the many starts it.

Therefore; if the Rapture of the church doesn't start the tribulation; there must be a period of undetermined time between the Rapture and signing of the seven year peace covenant? All these 'signs' given by Jesus in Matthew 24:, Daniel and Revelation are described as; coming like 'birth pangs'. Like never before in history, we're seeing a "convergence" of everything prophetic given coming on like birth pangs in frequency and intensity [a warning sign if you will]. 

Matthew 24:8 (KJV) All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Along with this current pestilence at the same time, what we don't hear much about; is the widespread locust plague spreading across the middle-east and Africa. Causing more pestilence and famine to name a couple. It seems to me: The world stage is set and everything is coming to prophetic fruition with the beginnings. We even have the glimpse of the players, treaties and reasons for the Ezekiel 38: - 39: invasion sitting right on Israel's northern border!

However God's plan manifests itself, we're very blessed to witness everything that is coming to fruition. The Lord has not given us the spirit of fear; we have an extraordinary opportunity to shine as Christ's ambassador's and promote the soon coming Kingdom. I feel in my bones the Rapture of God's children is so near...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Along with this current pestilence at the same time, what we don't hear much about; is the widespread locust plague spreading across the middle-east and Africa. Causing more pestilence and famine to name a couple. It seems to me: The world stage is set and everything is coming to prophetic fruition with the beginnings. We even have the glimpse of the players, treaties and reasons for the Ezekiel 38: - 39: invasion sitting right on Israel's northern border!

However God's plan manifests itself, we're very blessed to witness everything that is coming to fruition. The Lord has not given us the spirit of fear; we have an extraordinary opportunity to shine as Christ's ambassador's and promote the soon coming Kingdom. I feel in my bones the Rapture of God's children is so near...

I have indeed heard of the locust plagues going on. Don't get me wrong, I do think we are close, it's just that I don't know how close. close could mean 5 years or 50 or 100 or 500, though I admit I would not expect it to be 100 or more, probably not 50. That's just a personal opinion, though, not a prophecy or a prognostication.

I think there is a convergence happening as well. I think one can certainly make an argument that we're in the birth pains, but i'm not sure exactly where in them or how long the labor is going to be. My wife was in labor 32 hours with our first child, 6 with our second, and 8 with our third. I witnessed basically all of each one from start to finish, save leaving the room to grab stuff and for an epidural to be put in. It can look a whole lot like the baby is about to be born long before it is and sometimes you think it's going to take a lot longer than it does.

My thoughts are generally that the birth pains reach a crescendo before the baby is born, so to speak. As such, I expect progressively worse things, particularly wars, pestilence, and famine. Right now, those things are happening, but to small degrees. Coronavirus could lead to some of these things to be sure (and itself is a pestilence), but they are not happening as a result of it right now.

When I say small degrees, i mean comparatively, for wars, to say, world war II, or for famine, say the dust bowl, etc. There are objective comparisons that we can make from the last 100 years in all of these areas and nothing right now is as bad as any of the previous ones we can point to. I don't think that they would all have to be as bad or worse or all have to be as bad or worse simultaneously. In other words, if these are birth pains (and I don't disagree that they may be), it certainly seems like it's the beginning of the labor.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I think there is a convergence happening as well. I think one can certainly make an argument that we're in the birth pains, but i'm not sure exactly where in them or how long the labor is going to be. My wife was in labor 32 hours with our first child, 6 with our second, and 8 with our third. I witnessed basically all of each one from start to finish, save leaving the room to grab stuff and for an epidural to be put in. It can look a whole lot like the baby is about to be born long before it is and sometimes you think it's going to take a lot longer than it does.

My wife's first was an hour and ten minutes....   the second one was really quick....    Water broke at home and we went to the hospital.....     labor started shortly after and she had 4 contractions    lasted seven minutes...    Doctor was not in the delivery room for either of them....    I almost delivered the second myself.   Her doctor told me if I got her pregnant again I was going to midwife school for she'd probably never even get out of bed....   if she did just go out into the back yard and squat....   those are direct quotes from the doctor....

would be nice if the end comes like that....    just quick and get it over....

11 hours ago, Steve_S said:

I have indeed heard of the locust plagues going on. Don't get me wrong, I do think we are close, it's just that I don't know how close. close could mean 5 years or 50 or 100 or 500, though I admit I would not expect it to be 100 or more, probably not 50. That's just a personal opinion, though, not a prophecy or a prognostication.

My thoughts are generally that the birth pains reach a crescendo before the baby is born, so to speak. As such, I expect progressively worse things, particularly wars, pestilence, and famine. Right now, those things are happening, but to small degrees. Coronavirus could lead to some of these things to be sure (and itself is a pestilence), but they are not happening as a result of it right now.

When I say small degrees, i mean comparatively, for wars, to say, world war II, or for famine, say the dust bowl, etc. There are objective comparisons that we can make from the last 100 years in all of these areas and nothing right now is as bad as any of the previous ones we can point to. I don't think that they would all have to be as bad or worse or all have to be as bad or worse simultaneously. In other words, if these are birth pains (and I don't disagree that they may be), it certainly seems like it's the beginning of the labor.

Some other scriptural reasons I suspect the Rapture is at the door; in addition too, the 'convergence' of everything prophetic, if you care to hear them? A slow careful study of 1 Thessalonians 5: 1-11, gives us much information. There's no doubt the 'day of the Lord' is the Rapture. Christians watching will not be taken by surprise as "they" will, we will know the season and recognize the signs and times we're living.

Mark 13:28 (KJV) Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: 29. So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors. 30. Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. [emphasis mine]

The olive tree usually represents spiritual Israel, the "fig tree" represents national Israel, Israel once again as a nation [May 14, 1948]. Anyone remember what Samuel Clemens [Mark Twain] stated and recorded about the arid, sparse and desolate land of Israel when he visited it in the 1800's? The Bible talks about the land being cursed, a waste and desolate after the diaspora of 70 AD. until when the people of Israel return to their land. Shortly before they returned to there land, the spring and fall rains returned. Her branch was very tender and how did she survive the immediate war with her neighbors in 1948? Look at the 'leaves Israel has put on today! The most prosperous nation on earth!

Matthew 24:32 (KJV) Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33. So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. [emphasis added]

The fig tree [Israel] became a nation in 'one day' by UN resolution; and was very tender then, and rapidly put on leaves. Therefore, we know summer [the Rapture] is very close. "This generation shall not pass", I believe means the generation that witnesses Israel become a nation once again after the 2,000 year diaspora. So, how long is a biblical generation, 30 - 40 - 50 - 100 - 120 years, or the last person alive in that generation???

The latest longevity of the average lifespan of humans is given in Psalm 90: 10.

Psalm 90:10 (KJV) The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. [70 - 80 years]. We can know the season of the day of the Lord. If this is a hint of the timing of the Rapture [a big if], doing the arithmetic, we get a span of between 2018 -2028.

That's not date setting but a season, a span of ten years. 

Matthew 25:13 (KJV) Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. [emphasis added]