vic66

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

Social distancing was practiced. Lepers were considered unclean. 

Eating unclean food like pigs and shellfish was practiced. God protected us from viruses and bacteria in this way. Just as he warns us to avoid sin and  sinful people. Hang out with fools and become one. 

Today, conservatives avoid liberals - really, I'm finding less and less in common with these people. My parents were liberals, I was until I became a Christian and then started seeing the world differently. 

But keeping your distance from something that can get you sick or kill you is wise. The only problem I have with this whole plan is that the numbers are way off. Studies have shown that between 28-55 times the amount of confirmed cases have had this virus, showed little to no symptoms and built you antibodies.

It appears the social distancing didn't prevent all those other people from getting it. 

As far as Jesus healing, well, He is God. The disciples healed with the power of the Holy Spirit. Gifted with that ability, one would not need to distance himself from a leper. Is anyone gifted like that today? Then they should walk through the hospitals and clean them out. But those who were healed back then HAD FAITH. "Your faith has healed you." If you doubt, that is the blockage that will prevent healing.

If you have a strong faith, you can live life without fear (which is the opposite of faith).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

When certain believers went to a man who had a demon, and when they confronted him the posest man said  "Jesus I know and Paul I know, but who are you ?" He then thrashed them and they ran naked in the streets.

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

2 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

Perhaps you need to read that story again.

Act 19:11  And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
Act 19:12  So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
Act 19:13  Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
Act 19:14  And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
Act 19:15  And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
Act 19:16  And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
Act 19:17  And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
Act 19:18  And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.
Act 19:19  Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.
Act 19:20  So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Thank you and be clessed

• Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

If any Church really wants to start gathering again, then they will find a way. Even if that means going "underground" just like most Christians have already been doing for years in persecuted nations. Just pick a secret place to meet where no "busybodies" will notice and maybe report you. Because it is most likely normal citizens who are causing most of this, such as reporting public businesses who aren't fully enforcing this 6-foot BS...some people just have nothing better to do than making trouble for others who are just trying to mind their own business. One thing for sure is that Atheists are probably loving all of this, and even though it is them more than anyone who deserve to lose their jobs because of the virus, we are still commanded by Christ to pray for our enemies, which i try my best to do.   

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

some people just have nothing better to do than making trouble for others who are just trying to mind their own business.

Some people want to not get the virus and then spread it to others. That is what some people want to do.  

One thing for sure is that Atheists are probably loving all of this,

I don't see why. My God lives outside the church walls as well as within.  

• Well Said! 2

Well that's fine if people just want to stay safe...but once they start to report ME, then that's kind of where i draw the line, period! But i will always do my best to keep these kinds of "issues" from becoming more than what they are, which is basically a domestic matter ...and will just leave it at that!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Well that's fine if people just want to stay safe...but once they start to report ME, then that's kind of where i draw the line, period! But i will always do my best to keep these kinds of "issues" from becoming more than what they are, which is basically a domestic matter ...and will just leave it at that!

No. Protecting others and obeying the law is not a domestic matter.

Ok, but I am not talking about indoor services for one, and private services are just that, until the Law interferes. Church services have literally  been "raided" by police, and even some that were not in violation except for gathering more than 10 people. That amount is just a bit too strict.  People act like you can almost catch it just by being too close to someone, whether they cough/sneeze or not. But i can definitely see how so many people will be deceived by Anti-Christ when he arrives and they are so willing to give in to something like this without any hesitation...but they haven't seen anything yet!!!

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 5/10/2020 at 3:30 PM, CaptWalker said:

Ok, but I am not talking about indoor services for one, and private services are just that, until the Law interferes. Church services have literally  been "raided" by police, and even some that were not in violation except for gathering more than 10 people. That amount is just a bit too strict.  People act like you can almost catch it just by being too close to someone, whether they cough/sneeze or not. But i can definitely see how so many people will be deceived by Anti-Christ when he arrives and they are so willing to give in to something like this without any hesitation...but they haven't seen anything yet!!!

(Amen well written) Yes there is a virus but God is more than Able. HE IS GOD AND NOTHING IS TO HARD FOR HIM.

Despite of the the many obstacles in front of the aposples and disciples OF the early church they kept on Fellowshiping,preaching, praying,etc

They looked to Christ for healing, strength, protection  and the salvation of souls. Sometimes through great persecution. 

Edited by vic66
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Slowly but surely the world is gearing up for the anti christ. And already are there many anti christ's in the world. 

But for those who know their God Jesus is coming again let's be ready with oil in our lamps and in our vessels.

Edited by vic66