• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm in quarantine awaiting the results of my COVID-19 test. I'm homeless, living in a shelter for homeless military veterans. I will magnify the Lord during this trying time but I won't hesitate to call out the preachers of Mammon who peddle the so-called prosperity gospel. You're welcome to call them preachers of God all you want... and I'm welcome to disagree with you, @warrior12. I'm not presently on moderator review so my responses aren't constrained. 

Whatsoever I gained with @frienduff thaylorde was given to me by Christ Jesus... we used to be at odds, he and I. He knows that I'm writing the truth so explain something to me: if I write the truth and he agrees with it, what does that make me? A transgressor?

My dear friend you are being prayed for in these times .       I just wanted to let you know that most folks see me as a trangressor .  not all do .   but most do .    As for me ,   i shall remain in the bible only .

I cant make or unmake the minds of most who are ill affected against me .    I live with whatever folks call me or think i am .    My plans are JESUS ONLY and that means bible only .   all else are tested .

But i always say to all ,   test even me , test all ,   but DO SO from the bible .      I just wanted you to know that .     WHEN you use my name ,  you need to understand most think me either lost or an agent of darkness .

I feel sad for many  .  NOT ME .   NO I GOT TOTAL HOPE .  ITS THE BIBLICAL JESUS .                           I investigated some other names too .    MY they are mega false .      My suggestion to warrior and all of us 

RETURN to bibles only .   LET US JUST LEARN the biblical JESUS for ourselves and let us just learn what the apostles wrote for ourselves .     No matter what anyone thinks of me ,     I wont change for man .  I CONTINUE MY COURSE IN JESUS .   I PRAY ALL DO THE SAME .     Be encouraged dusty .       

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I like "My Mom always said: "If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing" Bless you.

The thread was about preachers that impacted you the most. We know how the OP meant that. Seems some took over the thread. Christ is always right "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."

I wanted to say.. Ever Word of Faith preacher I have heard.. says "Prosperity Gospel" is not in the word Of God. So.. makes you wonder why a follower of Christ would use it against them? That means that follower knows its not in the word of God knows the word of Faith preachers are against that. If its not to help them then why use it? Does not make(preachers)them look good at all. Is not that the reason? To make they look bad.  And then I wonder .. whos side are some of these people on? So the word of Faith have Satan always against them. The world duh against them and have some "Christians" against them. One thing I know.. Christ will NEVER leave them.

Its busy bodies. Its gossip. Not here to offend. Best learn this now and not after we die and stand before Him. So they are in error? Not sure how some know this but ok will run with it. LOL.. well my 1st thought is... LETS BE PRAYING for them! HOW is that not your 1st response? YES its always mine. ANY time I see someone sick, well chair or some ambulance going by.. fire truck.. man I am always praying! Sick.. I just want to lay hands on and pray. WHO CARES what some man thinks GOD really meant. I know Christ.. and His word says.. since I believe in Him .. I have the authority to do so. And... it ALWAYS works. God never ever fails. My  1st thought is "what if that was me.. what would I want". And yes been like this since I was 12 or so. I am now 59. And yet its never talked about.. "LETS PRAY FOR THEM!".

Remember the door you open.. you did it. 1st cor 13 should be the reason you are ever talking ab0ut them. Never in a negative way.. the WORD makes that clear. I love you all so much.. but in times like this..lets HELP

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/27/2020 at 11:29 PM, warrior12 said:

Over the years, I have listened to some really good sermons and lectures from some preachers that really got the message across to convict, to educate and appreciate Gods word.

Which or who are those that have been a blessing to you.  I will name a few that come to mind.

Charles Stanely   ---- Was the first preacher that I listened to over and over again when I got saved and was going through the terrible ordeals.

Adrian Rogers     ---- Such a powerful voice and sure can captivate you to not miss a word.

R.C Sproul            ---- He just had you thinking about what he just said.

Voddie Bucham   ----  This man is fearless in his sermons and steps on toes, but a truth teller in times of the freedom movement.

Billy Graham and his son  Franklin Graham preaches at it is. 

There are many more, but those are the popular ones that come to mind.    

I listen to "Sermon Audio" where there are hundreds if not thousands of sermons by many pastors , mostly Baptist though.

Who are some of yours ?.

Edit :  Don't know how I did not list John McArthur.   I know many do no like his messages, but I do.  Some of his sermons are from way back and may sound outdated, but on the essentials, he is on the money.   He made one statement that was very controversial in that one can take the mark of the beast and still be saved.  I only heard a short clip of that video so cannot say what context it was in.  The man has been solid in all the years he has been at the pulpit.   He has made so called enemies with the Pentecostals with his "stange fire" conference, but he explained why on some you tube videos .   He does not  believe on the speaking of tongues as it has ceased, so again many would not agree with him.  Each has to make his call . 

Paul

Lloyd John Ogilvie

James Kennedy

Adrian Rogers

St. Francis

Jeanne Guyon

Hildegard Von Bingen

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Paul

Lloyd John Ogilvie

James Kennedy

Adrian Rogers

St. Francis

Jeanne Guyon

Hildegard Von Bingen

In earlier years I watched Lloyd Olgilvie and James Kennedy on TV....they were excellent!   Olgilvie pastored Hollywood Presbyterian Church and I heard Corrie Ten Boom speak there.    I recall James Kennedy was a Presbyterian pastor in Florida.

One of my favorite local pastors was Dr. Dave Spahn.   He was ordained Presbyterian.   He always included something in his sermons that I had never heard before, and I have heard alot of pastors preach.   Always enjoyed going to hear his sermons each week.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

My dear friend you are being prayed for in these times .       I just wanted to let you know that most folks see me as a trangressor .  not all do .   but most do .    As for me ,   i shall remain in the bible only .

I cant make or unmake the minds of most who are ill affected against me .    I live with whatever folks call me or think i am .    My plans are JESUS ONLY and that means bible only .   all else are tested .

But i always say to all ,   test even me , test all ,   but DO SO from the bible .      I just wanted you to know that .     WHEN you use my name ,  you need to understand most think me either lost or an agent of darkness .

I feel sad for many  .  NOT ME .   NO I GOT TOTAL HOPE .  ITS THE BIBLICAL JESUS .                           I investigated some other names too .    MY they are mega false .      My suggestion to warrior and all of us 

RETURN to bibles only .   LET US JUST LEARN the biblical JESUS for ourselves and let us just learn what the apostles wrote for ourselves .     No matter what anyone thinks of me ,     I wont change for man .  I CONTINUE MY COURSE IN JESUS .   I PRAY ALL DO THE SAME .     Be encouraged dusty .       

Now frienduff.  You have your opinion of what others  think of you. How did you come to that conclusion I may ask ?.   You want to read the bible only and that's your right. Others may listen to pastors sermons and lectures and be encouraged to stay the course.  

You not like the church and preaching does not mean others do not and benefit from hearing the word in many formats.  It is up to the believer to do his research and examine what any man says to him about the word. 

So, in this thread, don't play that game of being disliked and being a victim of whatever you have in your thoughts. For a matter of fact, I never have accused you or discredit you to any of your replies in which some can be repetitive. Sure some would get tired of the same repetitive remarks, but it is your freedom to do so as long as you are not offensive.  

I like to hear the word preached and I don't see nuthing wrong in it.   A man like A.W Tozer has written some wonderful books.  Fine, you don't like to read them, but I do and others too.  If you don't like the church like some don't here , then don't go. Simple, is it not.

13 hours ago, Sharky and George said:

We should always discern when watching and listening to preachers. A good way to see if they are legit is to see if they use the Word right and are loving.

A lot of times though, preachers are given a hard time for nothing.

Think how much the enemy would counter attack you after preaching the Word in love to 1000's of people.

Billy Graham.

I totally agree about using discernment while watching preachers.   You are correct....see if they preach the Bible rightly and are loving.

Also, sometimes I hear criticism of certain preachers that preach salvation through the blood of Christ.   Even though I might not watch that certain preacher, I think we should be very careful about criticizing preachers that preach the blood of Christ for salvation.   I don't think God is pleased with such criticism.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:18 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

:13:

Friend, why did you shake your head about Dr. David Jeremiah?   He is an excellent, sound, Bible teaching pastor.   I believe his church is even a Southern Baptist Church which are usually conservative.   I know Dr. Jeremiah is definitely conservative.

Dr. Jeremiah even has a ministry and a congregation reaching out to Arabs and Muslims now living in Southern California.   When I needed a pastor to email with a former Muslim living in Saudi Arabia,  Dr. Jeremiah's church responded to me....as did the Arab pastor.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

14 hours ago, warrior12 said:
15 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

@frienduff thaylorde

Yes, that shaking face says it all. I agree.

The false inclusive unity and the prosperity gospel are “avoid and run the other way, instead run straight to Jesus”.

We must always go back to the bibles and not divert off course, which is what is now happening in these times.

Keep reading the bible and believing in the biblical Jesus. Not the false inclusive unity.

Do you ever listen to a sermon or read any biblical oriented writings ?.  I hope you use a "bible dictionary" a "bible commentary" in your bible study.

Maybe I am misunderstanding this, but I just don't get it. Christian forums (all of them, not just this one) seem to have the most argumentative, sarcastic and judgemental people/posts... it's sad to see. I have tried different Christian forums and thought at first this one was different, but it's not. I am disappointed.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

41 minutes ago, Peavey said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding this, but I just don't get it. Christian forums (all of them, not just this one) seem to have the most argumentative, sarcastic and judgemental people/posts... it's sad to see. I have tried different Christian forums and thought at first this one was different, but it's not. I am disappointed.

What's your point.  I don't get it either.   I just replied to a post, which I think was in order.  How did you see it as augmentative .   

You are right in that, we are still human and will have differences of opinions and well some do like to stress their point and the others seem to want to give their side.  That's normal human behavior, Christian or not.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Personally, I dont like the open criticism of Pastors or ministries.  You cam do your own research on Apologetics sites to find out their doctrines or beliefs.  For this reason, Im locking this thread.

• George locked this topic