• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,150
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 4/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, warrior12 said:

Is not this very time we are living in reminds of the verses below, that will take place in prophecy.  

What is this sorceries ?.  How does this come about, in what manner.  Who did this sorcery ?.

Revelation 18

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

"sorceries" -- pharmakeia: drugs and other potions, such as artificially-manufactured viruses. Thanks to CRISPR Cas9, so much is possible these days! (Time to watch "The Stand" again, or at least part 1.)  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 4/1/2020 at 6:06 PM, warrior12 said:

Let me say upfront, if you don't want to participate ,then give the chance to those who wants to do so.  I know some would see this thread as planting fears ect., but that is not the case as there are many people who have thoughts about what societal changes that we may see in the future as a result of this.  Just sharing ideas, that's all. 

Ok, So we are in the midst of this crisis of worldwide proportions the is affecting everyone in the world right now. 

What changes or outcome do you think might be implemented as a result of all this social distancing and the rest.

I can see cash transactions truly being a thing of the past for one.   

The theme of working from home may get stuck with many employers and downsize of physical business may follow.

The medical field would be revolutionize in the name of getting ready for the next one

Many travel restrictions would be imposed and countries would take measures to make visiting more hectic, and mandate vaccinations ect.

Those are some of what I think.   I am sure there are many more that people have in their minds and have discussed with friends and families.  

Let's hear them.

Whatever I should say will happen for the future is only speculation. I don't know what is going to happen in the next 5 minutes but God does. So I leave the future with God with faith and trust. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, WilliamL said:
"sorceries" -- pharmakeia: drugs and other potions, such as artificially-manufactured viruses. Thanks to CRISPR Cas9, so much is possible these days! (Time to watch "The Stand" again, or at least part 1.)  

Sorcery is much more than drugs ect.  It involves witchcraft, magic and spiritual wickedness. 

CRISPR Cas9  , the gene editing tool that can be used by novice medical students [as far as I understand ] can be carried in a small kit and used in basement laboratories .  It is supposed to do wonders in gene splicing and fixing defects ect.     

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

Fred Smith, the founder of FedEx said the reason his first attempt went broke was he did not float enough capital.

So second time around he got massive loans. The vendors of the loans were forced to back him because they would lose too much if they did not. So he succeeded.

So getting one indebted to you has a very good track record - BUT IT HAS TO BE A LOT.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 4/13/2020 at 12:29 AM, Addy said:

I am Canadian... and I wonder exactly the same thing. I just don't understand where all this money is coming from. It's like a magician pulling a rabbit out of his hat.... there is no rhyme or reason. I suspect that this bubble of FALSE WEALTH is about to break at the cost of a great many people losing EVERYTHING.

I believe America is walking into a major depression even worse than the previous one. For far too long CREDIT has been extended as a way to boost the economy... So many have spent UNWISELY and FRIVOLOUSLY thus accumulating debt in the tens of thousands with nothing to show for it. Eating out... buying clothes... taking vacations... ALL on CREDIT. I fear the day of reckoning is coming... I predict the stock market will completely crash in the next weeks and months. 

I totally agree!  Economists call this problem the "sovereign debt" crisis.  At some point, all this borrowing can not be sustained!  Who will pay for all this debt?  I am 60 years old, so I am not sure I will pay it all back, but my children and grandchildren certainly will!  Debt loads can bring down the world economy at some point.  

When we talk about eschatology, we mainly focus on Luke 21:10: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences..."  But I really think we have to include national debt as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 4/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, warrior12 said:

You have to expound the meaning of that verse in your own words a bit, so that it can be grasped clearly.  

I pray for others in my devotion.  How God acts, it totally dependent on his rule.

What comes to mind is that God has already showed us how He acts.  Nineveh repented and God spared them.  For the most part we across the globe are as wicked as any people described in Scriptures, we are self-centered, we are self-serving, we don't value justice for the poor and vulnerable, and we're even slaughtering our own offspring as a "right" for women.  Our sentence is pending and this might be the first of it, but it might be that if we repent, God would again hold us in safety.  At the point we all get that bad, that wicked, and fill up that cup of wrath, there will be no turning back from the end time scenario we find in the prophets and Revelation.  Until then, I'm all for preaching repentance, both personal, national, and global.  God is indeed sovereign in His deeds, but He's already told us what He wants from us and given us all that we need to do and be those people that He really wants.  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

18 minutes ago, Ruth Also said:

What comes to mind is that God has already showed us how He acts.  Nineveh repented and God spared them.  For the most part we across the globe are as wicked as any people described in Scriptures, we are self-centered, we are self-serving, we don't value justice for the poor and vulnerable, and we're even slaughtering our own offspring as a "right" for women.  Our sentence is pending and this might be the first of it, but it might be that if we repent, God would again hold us in safety.  At the point we all get that bad, that wicked, and fill up that cup of wrath, there will be no turning back from the end time scenario we find in the prophets and Revelation.  Until then, I'm all for preaching repentance, both personal, national, and global.  God is indeed sovereign in His deeds, but He's already told us what He wants from us and given us all that we need to do and be those people that He really wants.  

That is true. a repentant heart God will hear. It is ultimately his decision on how he will act though.  We see the writings on the wall, so to speak, when nations are going against his statues and sanctioning things that are abominable and becoming the norm of society.  Israel, his people was an example of what he will do, when we fail to abide in his laws.  Exiled to Babylon, but he still loves them, though the harsh punishment.  Will he listen today, if the nations repent, I most certainly think so, but the question is are the nations willing to do so or remain obstinate.  To be continued.

3 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

When we talk about eschatology, we mainly focus on Luke 21:10: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences..."  But I really think we have to include national debt as well.

The collapse of the global financial system is what will lead to all of those things.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/2/2020 at 8:46 AM, enoob57 said:

If ours and the world economy doesn't jump start... we could be destined for a one world revamp and monetary system...

and then "in comes the Devil".

18 minutes ago, Sonshine said:
50 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

The collapse of the global financial system is what will lead to all of those things.

…and then enters the antichrist to heal this deadly wound.

Just to clarify, since the term "the antichrist" means different things to different people.

" 1) The parousia will be preceded by the Abomination of Desolation, the Great Tribulation, false christs, wars, famines and pestilences; and thereafter signs in the heavens and cataclysms on earth. Matt. 24:3-31.; much of which is mirrored in Rev. 6:1-14. And also by the apostasia, and the coming of the Son of Perdition/Lawless One. 2 Thes. 2:1-4, 8

2) The parousia will be concurrent with the resurrection of the dead, the gathering together of the believing saints by the angels of heaven, and these saints being caught up/raptured into the clouds of heaven. Matt. 24:30-31; 1 Cor. 15:21-23; 1 Thes 2:19; 3:13; 4:14-17

3) The parousia is called the Day of Christ/of the Lord/of God/of His [the Lambʼs] Wrath. 2 Thes. 2:1-2; 2 Pet. 3:10, 12; Rev. 6:17 However, although the events noted in #2 above will occur within one 24-hour day, the designations “Day of the Lord” etc. also bespeak of a heavenly-originated period of judgment that will extend many days and years beyond this one 24-hour day. This is evident from Revelation 6:15-17, the events of which which take place immediately after the heavenly and earthly signs that portend the parousia:

Revelation 6:15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said, “Fall on us and hide us from the Face of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. 17 For the Great Day of His [alt., Their] Wrath has come…”

That era of wrath will include all of the events foretold and described up though the end of Revelation 19. It will conclude with Jesus “treading the winepress of the anger and wrath of Almight God” during His battle with and defeat of the gathered “Beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies” at the Battle of Armageddon. Rev. 19:15, 19; 16:16 "

-- summary of my blog post here: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/2211-the-parousia-of-the-son-of-man/

Also see: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1150-the-antichrist-myth/

The Son of Perdition will be destroyed at the parousia:

2 Thes. 2:8 … this Lawless One will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the Spirit of His mouth, and destroy with the brightness of His parousia.

Edited by WilliamL