Martial Law and House Arrest

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Currently large and growing numbers of people are being ordered by state governments to stay in their homes.  How is this different from house arrests which are used to imprison convicted criminals?

More and more states are calling up very large numbers of National Guardsmen.  Why do you think that is?  For one, they will enforce the house arrests imposed by state governments.  Secondly, these house arrests will result in lost income leading to foreclosures, evictions, homelessness, and inability to pay for the most basic necessities, like food.  A large segment of our society lives paycheck to paycheck.  A month or two with no income will turn alot of lives upside down, as in millions.  Civil unrest is likely, hence the second function of the National Guard will be to impose order.  When the military takes over dealings with citizens, this is called martial law.  The USA is currently in uncharted and very dangerous waters that are in direct opposition to our founding ideals of freedom.  Martial law comes easily to a communist regime like China, but it's effects on the USA could be catastrophic and long lasting.  Perhaps China will say "look they've adopted our ideology after all!".  If they can get us to use the same heavy handed communist tactics on our own people, that they use on theirs, they can make a legimate case that they have defeated us.  Maybe that was at least part of their intent all along.  Actually, though, we are defeating ourselves.  Many soldiers gave their lives for the freedom we enjoy.  These sacrifices were hard for them and their families.  It's shocking how quickly and easily we can throw it away.

My home town has 40K people.  There have been 2 reported cases of Corona virus, and no deaths.  Nonetheless most businesses have been shut down.  An 8p curfew has been set.  I happen to work for two companies deemed "essential" by the state government that now seemingly controls our lives.  I have been given written verification of being exempt from the current martial law edicts to present to police if I am stopped after 8p.  What country am I in?  Is this really the USA?  And why should government decide what or who is essential?

This Corona virus cure is killing us.  You may think I'm overreacting, but give it time.  If this insanity persists for more than two months, those National Guard troops will be very busy and people will actually want to stay in their house, to avoid the violence that will ensue when people lose their homes and ability to buy food.

Why are we resorting to house arrest and martial law?  Simple.  We have no real answers, so we are simply hiding and hoping the problem will magically go away, or that we can moderate the flow of patients that go to hospitals because we don't have a real answer to prevent them from going to the hospital.

Here's a short list of real answers to the Corona virus problem that we don't have:

We don't have a vaccine or antibody treatment.  And it's probably more than a year away.

We don't have effective treatments to lessen the severity and duration of the virus.  Respirators are what you use when you can't think of anything else, and just want to keep someone's fluid filled lungs working at a life support level.

We have no readily available or quick tests.  If you are a US senator you can get a test, and results in two weeks.  If you are an average citizen you will only get a test after the virus has fully infected you at an advanced stage, and the reason will be to seperate you from others, rather than give you efficacious treatment.

We don't even have the basic pharmaceutical precursor chemical compounds needed to develop treatments any more.  We ceded those industries to China a couple decades ago.

I have yet to see convincing data on whether or not this virus is truly stable or not.  If it randomly mutates at a high rate, every one of the above real answers will become much more difficult to obtain.

Real problems need real solutions, but burying our heads in the sand while our economy collapses, and tens of millions of lives are destroyed in the process is not a real solution, unless you're an ostrich.

I'm no doctor, but my current assessment of the Corona virus, and the lack of any real answers in the foreseeable future leads me to believe that it will be contracted by most of the people in the world.  Hiding in our homes will only delay the inevitable.  Young children will need special protection for a number of years.  Elderly will need special protection indefinitely.  The rest of us, for the most part, will become infected.  The vast majority will survive, and have immunity from future infection.  But some will die.  I believe the current estimates of 100K to 250K are overly optimistic, in the absence of real answers.

I ask Jesus to give us real answers unless we are so close to the end that the only real answer is a new heaven and a new earth.

I also pray that as many unbelievers as possible will see how few answers the "wise" men of this world really have, and come to know the truth of Jesus.

I also pray that everyone, beleivers and non-believers alike will see that the economic destruction of our current path will destroy tens of millions of lives, and our way of life, if allowed to persist, even for a short time.  At our current rate of economic self destruction 45M people will be unemployed, and very unhappy in two months.

Thanks be to God, and our Savior Jesus.  Jesus is Lord in times of joy as well as times of trouble.  He is the source of joy, and the only real answer to our troubles.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I live in a small town of about 30,000 people....   last Friday we had one person test positive.   Today we have six...   and largely because people don't stay home....     Lowes seems like some kind of a family reunion....   people bring their whole families into the store and just walk around talking to each other......   it's just a mater of time before there are a hundred.

Consider yourself lucky you have so few and stay apart from people till those two are for sure through the cycle of it and can't pass it around.....     as for where I live it looks like we may have to put people in their homes and nail the doors and windows shut.   My sister in law has it and picked it up from going to a meeting that should not have been held....     There is a Church in Tulsa Oklahoma that has 23 members test positive and 40 others have symptoms but at last check had not been able to get tested.   I don't know if any have died yet but from the information we've received from Places like Hong Kong where it's been out long enough for a number to have recovered it looks like many of those who are recovering have serious permanent lung damage and loose 20 to 30 percent of lung functionality.....    and makes them vulnerable to a whole host of things the rest of their lives.

5 hours ago, Logostician said:

At our current rate of economic self destruction 45M people will be unemployed,

we have loosened up the ways people can get unemployment for 4 months....   there should be no reason to be that unhappy....     they have also added the amount people can get in the unemployment checks so that in a few states they will actually get more than their regular salary......      should not be a problem for at least 4 months.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

40 minutes ago, other one said:

I live in a small town of about 30,000 people....   last Friday we had one person test positive.   Today we have six...   and largely because people don't stay home....     Lowes seems like some kind of a family reunion....   people bring their whole families into the store and just walk around talking to each other......   it's just a mater of time before there are a hundred.

Consider yourself lucky you have so few and stay apart from people till those two are for sure through the cycle of it and can't pass it around.....     as for where I live it looks like we may have to put people in their homes and nail the doors and windows shut.   My sister in law has it and picked it up from going to a meeting that should not have been held....     There is a Church in Tulsa Oklahoma that has 23 members test positive and 40 others have symptoms but at last check had not been able to get tested.   I don't know if any have died yet but from the information we've received from Places like Hong Kong where it's been out long enough for a number to have recovered it looks like many of those who are recovering have serious permanent lung damage and loose 20 to 30 percent of lung functionality.....    and makes them vulnerable to a whole host of things the rest of their lives.

Oh no. Im zorry about your SIL

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There is no end to being stupid I guess.

Doesnt matter how hard people try to do that which is right, there is always those who are critics to everything.

The only person you are thinking of here is yourself, for it you were thinking beyond your selfishness, you would not have written this thread.

God have mercy

JTF

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Logostician said:

Currently large and growing numbers of people are being ordered by state governments to stay in their homes.  How is this different from house arrests which are used to imprison convicted criminals?

Under house arrest  as a punishment because if a crime that someone has done. You can not leave your house without written order. Such as you maybe able to leave your house to work then you must return home right after. The stay at home order due to the Convid-19 one is allowed to leave their home to get food, to work if they are an essential worker, take a walk away from other people, go for a bike ride, pick up medications at drug store and medical appointments.  Under true house arrest due to a crime. You can not do none of these without a written order from a judge or your probation officer.  

More and more states are calling up very large numbers of National Guardsmen.  Why do you think that is? 

The National Guard is coming here tomorrow to hand out food boxes.  It is normal for the National Guard to be called out in times of distress. Such as tornadoes, floods, ect ect. I can not speak for other states. But as for now where I am living. They are being called here to help hand out  food boxes. 

For one, they will enforce the house arrests imposed by state governments. 

No, that is not what the National Guard is doing and I already talked about the difference between "house arrest" and an order to "shelter in place". No one is being arrested for walking out their door.  

When the military takes over dealings with citizens, this is called martial law. 

Such talk as this will cause hysteria.  Which will lead to people freaking out even more so than what they are now.  

And why should government decide what or who is essential?

Because we are under a National Emergency order.  

This Corona virus cure is killing us

We all need to remain calm. 

Why are we resorting to house arrest and martial law?  Simple.  We have no real answers,

No. It is to slow the spread of a virus. So that medical sites are not over run all at once with so many sick people that they can not be cared for. Along with other medical emergencies that take place on any given day. 

Thanks be to God, and our Savior Jesus.  Jesus is Lord in times of joy as well as times of trouble.  He is the source of joy, and the only real answer to our troubles.

With this, I am in agreement with you on.  

• This is Worthy 2
  • Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, justthefacts said:

There is no end to being stupid I guess.

Doesnt matter how hard people try to do that which is right, there is always those who are critics to everything.

The only person you are thinking of here is yourself, for it you were thinking beyond your selfishness, you would not have written this thread.

God have mercy

JTF

He has a right to his opinion. And some of us are concerned about our civil liberties. For the short term these actions are ok, but the ruining of our economy over a virus that is less deadly than the flu is not.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Logostician said:

More and more states are calling up very large numbers of National Guardsmen.  Why do you think that is?  For one, they will enforce the house arrests imposed by state governments.  Secondly, these house arrests will result in lost income leading to foreclosures, evictions, homelessness, and inability to pay for the most basic necessities, like food.  A large segment of our society lives paycheck to paycheck.  A month or two with no income will turn alot of lives upside down, as in millions.  Civil unrest is likely, hence the second function of the National Guard will be to impose order.  When the military takes over dealings with citizens, this is called martial law.  The USA is currently in uncharted and very dangerous waters that are in direct opposition to our founding ideals of freedom.  Martial law comes easily to a communist regime like China, but it's effects on the USA could be catastrophic and long lasting.  Perhaps China will say "look they've adopted our ideology after all!".  If they can get us to use the same heavy handed communist tactics on our own people, that they use on theirs, they can make a legimate case that they have defeated us.  Maybe that was at least part of their intent all along.  Actually, though, we are defeating ourselves.  Many soldiers gave their lives for the freedom we enjoy.  These sacrifices were hard for them and their families.  It's shocking how quickly and easily we can throw it away.

My home town has 40K people.  There have been 2 reported cases of Corona virus, and no deaths.  Nonetheless most businesses have been shut down.  An 8p curfew has been set.  I happen to work for two companies deemed "essential" by the state government that now seemingly controls our lives.  I have been given written verification of being exempt from the current martial law edicts to present to police if I am stopped after 8p.  What country am I in?  Is this really the USA?  And why should government decide what or who is essential?

This Corona virus cure is killing us.  You may think I'm overreacting, but give it time.  If this insanity persists for more than two months, those National Guard troops will be very busy and people will actually want to stay in their house, to avoid the violence that will ensue when people lose their homes and ability to buy food.

Why are we resorting to house arrest and martial law?  Simple.  We have no real answers, so we are simply hiding and hoping the problem will magically go away, or that we can moderate the flow of patients that go to hospitals because we don't have a real answer to prevent them from going to the hospital.

Here's a short list of real answers to the Corona virus problem that we don't have:

We don't have a vaccine or antibody treatment.  And it's probably more than a year away.

We don't have effective treatments to lessen the severity and duration of the virus.  Respirators are what you use when you can't think of anything else, and just want to keep someone's fluid filled lungs working at a life support level.

We have no readily available or quick tests.  If you are a US senator you can get a test, and results in two weeks.  If you are an average citizen you will only get a test after the virus has fully infected you at an advanced stage, and the reason will be to seperate you from others, rather than give you efficacious treatment.

We don't even have the basic pharmaceutical precursor chemical compounds needed to develop treatments any more.  We ceded those industries to China a couple decades ago.

I have yet to see convincing data on whether or not this virus is truly stable or not.  If it randomly mutates at a high rate, every one of the above real answers will become much more difficult to obtain.

Real problems need real solutions, but burying our heads in the sand while our economy collapses, and tens of millions of lives are destroyed in the process is not a real solution, unless you're an ostrich.

I'm no doctor, but my current assessment of the Corona virus, and the lack of any real answers in the foreseeable future leads me to believe that it will be contracted by most of the people in the world.  Hiding in our homes will only delay the inevitable.  Young children will need special protection for a number of years.  Elderly will need special protection indefinitely.  The rest of us, for the most part, will become infected.  The vast majority will survive, and have immunity from future infection.  But some will die.  I believe the current estimates of 100K to 250K are overly optimistic, in the absence of real answers.

I ask Jesus to give us real answers unless we are so close to the end that the only real answer is a new heaven and a new earth.

I also pray that as many unbelievers as possible will see how few answers the "wise" men of this world really have, and come to know the truth of Jesus.

I also pray that everyone, beleivers and non-believers alike will see that the economic destruction of our current path will destroy tens of millions of lives, and our way of life, if allowed to persist, even for a short time.  At our current rate of economic self destruction 45M people will be unemployed, and very unhappy in two months.

If people are not going to stay home if they have COVID-19 then I guess they will have to be forced to stay home. If people would have common sense this would not have to happen. If people were not self centered and were thoughtful of others this also would not have to happen. There are no evictions because of this virus. Utility companies can not turn of electricity because of this virus. Our government does have issues but they want people to stay safe. 

maybe they will all get sick and die....   problem solved....   and they will be out of the gene pool....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Do you honestly think that it is man that controls anything pertaining to world affairs?

The sky is not falling and the world isn't going to end today {for most people anyway}, but it is for sure that if all you consider through this is your personal comfort, then many will probably die who had not to die if all would hunker down and do that which is right.

I would hate to have their blood on my hands simply because I wanted my personal rights.

As it is written: There is a time and place for everything.

Now is not the time or place.

Godbless

JTF

• Thumbs Up 2