• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, missmuffet said:

Do you want my human opinion or what the Bible says? I will go with the latter.

Whatever you want to answer with.  I am interested in both.  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Hello Justin, could you give me the Scripture reference for the above info please?  thanks.

Too long to post. So please read this and listen to the YouTube messages. It takes a while, but it will change your outlook...

Dr Heiser's book UNSEEN REALM has been well received, so also read that.

DEUT 32 SONS OF GOD.pdf

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Hello Justin, could you give me the Scripture reference for the above info please?  thanks.

I think this is part of what he was referring to (correct me if I'm wrong Justin):

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

The worldview held by the apostles was reliant on literature that isn't recognized as canonical and isn't included in our Bibles, but it is referred to by the apostles as reliable as in the above passage, and later in Jude where there is a direct quote from the book of Enoch:

Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,

“to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

The worldview held by the people of that day included the belief that the two hundred watchers who "went after strange flesh", leaving their assigned abode to do so...and producing half angel half human hybrids - were punished by God by chaining them in Tartarus....the lowest part of Hades to restrain them until the Judgement when they would ultimately be formally found guilty and thrown in the Lake of Fire.   I think of it as a sort of "pre-trial confinement" for beings so wicked they could not be allowed out on bond til their court date :)

Something like that :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

31 minutes ago, Jostler said:

The worldview held by the apostles was reliant on literature that isn't recognized as canonical and isn't included in our Bibles, but it is referred to by the apostles as reliable as in the above passage, and later in Jude where there is a direct quote from the book of Enoch:

The protestant canon was for priestly classes to rule over people. The apostles and Yeshua had a far deeper understanding than our church does. The reformers needed control and they removed so many books that would enlighten us all.
Ah, the work of principalities and powers no less..

They replaced one evil with another and the cure was worse than the disease. Thus one cannot quote from these FORBIDDEN sources because folk have been so brainwashed that they will call you heretical. The few books we have are still sufficient to scrape away the sleep from a snoozing church, and READ ALL OF THEM ANYWAY regardless of what the pastor or seminaries say. But if you do not want a supernatural worldview, stick with you mundane reformed canon..

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Hello Your closest friendnt,   I thought it was God through His Holy Spirit gives us faith?  Without the Holy Spirit, we would not have faith or even seek Him.

Romans 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.  I don't think we give faith to our children.  We train them up in the way they should go.  It is God who draws us. 

Again, why did Jesus preach the Gospel to the dead if there was no hope for them?  Is there hope for them?  If so, where does it say in the Scriptures?

Jesus died for the forgiveness of the sins of the whole world.....

Your question should be in the lines of: 

What happens to people who have die before the Cross? 

Jesus died for them to, everyone who died before him and about the same time as him...and any time there after....

You know the scriptures in 1 Peter 3:18..Jesus has to decide their destination according to their faith...according to their Spirit...is it in the atonement of Jesus Christ...is it sprinkled with the blood of Jesus Christ?  

Everyone's is judged according to his works and according to his faith....

God appointed Jesus Christ as the Judge of all..those who had died before and those who live at the time of the Cross and everyone there after...

Every one must hear the Gospel and be judge according to his faith...if he is under the blood of the Lamb...his place is in the inheritance of Jesus Christ...the door to Heaven is open for him. 

What do you thing he will do....plea with Jesus to let him go to Hades for some time which could be a long time for some...as the disciples who were the first believers of the living but not the first one to believe after the Cross...

Jesus Christ was doing the Harvest among the dead...for three days....Jesus preach the Gospel to all...beginning with Abraham and his descendants with him...Jesus had sent John the Baptist to announce his coming to them...and he identified Jesus as the Son of God...hear on earth and after his death in the Bossom of Abraham...

Lasarus also for four days he talked to them about Jesus as the Messiah to Abraham and everyone down there...before he was raised from the dead... 

Jesus for three days he preach the forgiveness of sins in his name...they did not have the chance to hear the Gospel before they died...so they heard the Gospel right after the Cross...(the may have heard the promise of the Gospel)....

At the Cross God was for everyone not only the seed of Abraham...as there was not more separation between Jew or Gentile...Everyone was invited to believe...after the Cross Jesus invited the Gentiles ...everyone to believe...they had three days...we have our life span...they dead before Jesus Christ were given three days....to believe and have the forgiveness of sins and the Life...after that when Jesus was resurrected they also followed him to their Heavenly inheritance. 

After that if they believe...it does not count...they only had three days.. to make their decision...

No one can appeared before Jesus Christ without hearing about him first...they must know who he is...and whom they refused when they see him in his glory....

The Gospel was preached to the dead before Jesus Christ....and will be preach to those who died without the knowledge of the Gospel....in the place God has appointed for them to be...as to hear the Gospel and decide...

This a special place God has for them to have a neutral effect on their decision...